Customer Service 866.965.0400

C7 Paint Correction

gsniegow

Question

Hello!   New to Adams products and seeking some advice.

I recently picked up a 2016 C7 Stingray.  It's in Torch Red and beautiful.  I've been an "enthusiast" weekend detailer on my previous cars largely using M105 / M205 combo for paint correction.  I've hated the amount of dust that generated so I was looking at Adams as a replacement.  My C7 was never properly cared for, I can see plenty of swirls form car washes or poor washing techniques.  

Question then is will the Adams Compound and Polish obtain similar results as M105 / 205 but without the dust?  I'm in Chicago so I know it will be several moths before she will get the treatment but I'm one who researches the heck out of things first.  Plan is to graphene coat the car, as such just planning out my shopping list.

Thank you in advance!

IMG-1825.jpg

7 answers to this question

Welcome to the Forum.

What I can tell you about the Adam's products and dust is that since I switch several years ago, the amount of dust and ease of removal has been welcome.  I'm in South Carolina, so we not only get the dust, but also heavy pollen in the spring and both come right off from the garage queen and my outside vehicles.  The only time it tends to be a bit sticky is when the pollen is rolling and there is a heave dew.   A little CS3 or Detail Spray takes the residue off with no program.  The Graphene Detail Spray is rather new and makes my red vehicle look fantastic and I'm sure it will do a great in the spring.

Welcome to the forum.  :welcomebanner: Not sure why you'd want to use compound on your car, looks pretty good to me.  I've found with my Vette that a claying, polishing, and the Graphene Ceramic Spray has worked great. Deep wet look to the paint.  And easy to maintain with the Graphene Detail Spray.  And little to no dust.  Any dust comes off easy with the DS and a plush microfiber.  Nice looking Vette.

3 hours ago, Rich said:

Welcome to the forum.  :welcomebanner: Not sure why you'd want to use compound on your car, looks pretty good to me.  I've found with my Vette that a claying, polishing, and the Graphene Ceramic Spray has worked great. Deep wet look to the paint.  And easy to maintain with the Graphene Detail Spray.  And little to no dust.  Any dust comes off easy with the DS and a plush microfiber.  Nice looking Vette.

Thanks!  From a distance it looks great but in sunlight you can see that the previous owner just took her through car washes.

As far as my dust question it referred more to the fact that when working Meguiars products they tend to dust and leave a nasty mess behind.  Perhaps this is a case of user error but I've done many cars and always had the trouble with it.   Slowly been converting to Adam's products and hoping to learn more before pulling the trigger.  

Thanks again!

As Chris mentioned, our Compound and Polish are fairly low dust, but they can make some, especially if you do not start with a clean pad, or the compound has time to start drying into the pad. 

I will agree with Chris in that C5 and C6 Corvettes have very hard clear coats; however all of the C7 Corvettes that I have worked on I would say are in the soft to medium range in terms of the clear coat, and are easier to correct than previous generations. GM invested in a new paint shop for the Corvette a few years back, and it is my understanding these updated paint jobs began showing up in November 2017 when the plant reopened. Having said that, if you are seeing a lot of swirls from the previous owner, you will still most likely need the Microfiber Cutting Pad, but you may only need Blue (Compound) and White (Polish) Foam Pads. 

Lastly, be very careful compounding and polishing around panel edges, as some owners have reported paint peeling/flaking issues where the front bumper and front fenders meet, due to a very tight fitment of the panels.