Customer Service 866.965.0400

Detail spray on Ceramic Coating

Trap

Question

Hi I just got my first vehicle with ceramic coating. i was jut wondering what would be a good product to do a quick clean and detail. I always wash outdoors and then finish inside the garage. Is it bet to jut towel dry or can you use something like ceramic boost or is there a spray for a quick finish,

15 answers to this question

Welcome to the forum!  :welcomebanner: You can use any number of products from the CS3 to Ceramic Boost to Graphene Detail Spray (which is my preference).   Introduce yourself in the New Member forum and tell us more about yourself! 

In addition to what Rich said and based on the title of this thread, I'd offer that I'm not a fan of original Detail Spray on top of ceramic. In my experience, it tends to leave a residue and streaks.  I get better resutls with something designed for use with ceramic like Graphene Detail Spray, Ceramic Boost, CS3, etc.

Thanks for all of the replies. I do have the Adams waterless wash (will probably use on my jeep and other uses), but I am wanting something that you can do a quick detail with after it has sat in the garage for a week or so. That would be after having done a real good cleaning.

Always feels better when you head out for a drive with it super clean.

Edited by Trap

Welcome to the Forum Trap.   

I use Graphene Detail Spray, CS3 and Ceramic Waterless Wash at various times.  I do like the wet look of the Graphene Detail Spray, but all three have their uses.   Ceramic Waterless Wash is my preference if the vehicle has been out in the rain or picked up a little road dirt, CS3 when it doesn't need anything but I just want to touch it up and have the garage smell good.  You can use CS3 in place of Ceramic Waterless Wash, I have both so I use both.   Graphene Detail Spray whenever there could be a speck of dust on the wife's garage queen.

22 hours ago, Trap said:

Thanks for all of the replies. I do have the Adams waterless wash (will probably use on my jeep and other uses), but I am wanting something that you can do a quick detail with after it has sat in the garage for a week or so. That would be after having done a real good cleaning.

Always feels better when you head out for a drive with it super clean.

Given this clarification of your intended application, I recommend CS3 or Ceramic Waterless.  Graphene Detail Spray and Ceramic Boost are less-than-optimal for this use.

22 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Graphene Detail Spray or CS3!

Agree with CS3, but don't think Graphene Detail Spray is a good option for the clarified application... "Unlike Adam's CS3, Graphene Detail Spray™ is designed to work best on a clean, freshly washed surface and is not intended to act as a type of waterless wash."  

57 minutes ago, Norton said:

Given this clarification of your intended application, I recommend CS3 or Ceramic Waterless.  Graphene Detail Spray and Ceramic Boost are less-than-optimal for this use.

Agree with CS3, but don't think Graphene Detail Spray is a good option for the clarified application... "Unlike Adam's CS3, Graphene Detail Spray™ is designed to work best on a clean, freshly washed surface and is not intended to act as a type of waterless wash."  

I read it as the car was already super clean and had sat in the garage, so inferred light dust at most, which should be fine. But I could be wrong. 

1 hour ago, falcaineer said:

I read it as the car was already super clean and had sat in the garage, so inferred light dust at most, which should be fine. But I could be wrong. 

That is pretty much correct, I just ordered a gallon of both. From the sounds of it, if fairly dusty I'm better off with the CS3 unless very light coat of dust then could use the Graphene Detail Spray or the CS3. Hopefully I got this right.

Edited by Trap
Needed to clarify a part of it

7 hours ago, Trap said:

That is pretty much correct, I just ordered a gallon of both. From the sounds of it, if fairly dusty I'm better off with the CS3 unless very light coat of dust then could use the Graphene Detail Spray or the CS3. Hopefully I got this right.

The towels matter, too, don't forget

I use two towels when I use any product like Details Spray or CS3.  My go to towel is the Borderless Gray, there is a large bundle, I believe it is a 24 count and when they are on sale, they are a very good deal.   Then after the application of the product with the Borderless Gray, I use a single soft to go over the area.  Except on the wife garage queen, that only gets the best (her words and @falcaineer), so I use a double soft for her vehicle.  

The one thing that is very important with any of the towels is how you take care of them.  The MicroFiber Revitalizer and washing & drying them at the proper temperature will keep them working well for a long time.  If you take care of your towels, you'll get better results from the products and they'll last you for many years.  

On 2/3/2021 at 8:27 PM, Trap said:

What do you suggest for towels.

This video is now a little dated, but still a good one and same principles apply to the newer towels. Also added a link on how to care for them.

Thanks there was some really good info in there. I guess I'm gonna need to order some more towels. This site is getting costly. I thought I was pretty well set up, guess I till have a ways to go. 😀

Edited by Trap