Customer Service 866.965.0400

New guy with new car

cfbackrow

Hi just joined...I 've got a Tesla model 3 on order and I have some questions...I know it has softer paint should I skip the power washer and just use a foam gun on a garden hose? I will be taking it straight for PPF on the whole front end and rocker panels. Can I just Graphene ceramic spray over the PPF? My plan is to just buy all the Graphene products..ie the shampoo, GCS3, and Tire dressing. Will that cover the basics? I've never actually washed a car and need to keep it simple.

thanks everyone

Jeremy

Welcome Jeremy!  Can't wait to see pics of your ride!  Yes, you can use the GCS over the PPF.  No issues at all.  I honestly have never used a power washer on my rides, even my daily driver and I live in snow country. Foam gun works just fine for me.  Glad to have you join us.

Before I add the graphene spray should do I have to clay the car since its will be brand new? How about polishing...i've never done either and not sure I'd feel comfortable using a polisher on a new car. but I want to give the spray the best chance to work well.

Absolutely.  You want the graphene to adhere to the best conditioned paint it can.  Wash, clay, polish, prep wipe, and apply the Graphene.  You don't have to use a machine to polish, but it gives the best results. Most important thing is to follow all the steps,  and maintain afterward for longevity.

Welcome to the forum! I am personally a fan of owning a pressure washer (electric).  They are not a 100% need, but if you have the budget they are nice to have and useful outside of detailing.  The detailing use is the ability to safely remove more loose gunk prior to touching the car with your mitts.  Tesla's have very soft paint so removing loose gunk that could causing marring is important.  You have a good selection of products, I would add in adams wheel and tire cleaner as well as some very paint safe towels. 

As others have stated you can use graphene products over PPF just fine.  For GCS3, less is more with application.  

Edited by WhiteShadow89

• 3 weeks later...