Customer Service 866.965.0400

Favorite Dressing Sponge? Black-Hex? Blue? Grey?

Your favorite Dressing Applicator Sponge?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Your favorite Dressing Applicator Sponge?

• Blue Dressing Sponge
    • Pro-Tire Sponge - Black/ Hex Grip
    • Old School Economy Gray Brick Applicators

I use the grey blocks for dressing the engine and other exterior trim pieces, because I don't care if they get trashed. I use the blue ones for tires only, and the red ones for interior only.

I don't have the black hex applicator (yet). I used the red one for the interior and it worked great. I am going to be using the blue ones on my tires and trim tomorrow, so I'll report back. I have a set of the little black cubes coming in a package this week. I'll also report back on those.

I keep a Blue one just for doing tires. It holds up well and I never have to worry about cleaning it. Just dab some VRT on it and swipe the tires... it's a 60 second job. The really nice thing is that the pad is easy to grip firm enough so that it doesn't collapse on your fingers, so your hands stay perfectly clean. :thumbsup:

I use the blue ones for VRT everywhere, but I think the Black Hex ones would be better for the tires- really like they way my fingers don't get into the product with the Hex pads. I also use the 1" gray foam disposable paint brushes for VRT in tight spots or narrow trim.

I haven't tried the blue sponges, so my vote is 1/3rd less educated than everyone else's.

It really was a toss up between the Hex & the grey block. I like them both for different reasons.

Archived