Customer Service 866.965.0400

Junkman's "Pooling Rinse" Drying Technique

Junkman2008

Question

Hey all! I have been asked about rinsing a car so many times that I decided to make a video showing my technique. I do this right after my final rinse, and then I blow dry the car. If anything is left, a simple microfiber drying towel touch up will take care of it. It makes drying the car much more manageable as you won't end up with a soaking wet drying towel.

Here's the video!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAmb9DWdnFc&feature=plcp&context=C307219dUDOEgsToPDskK3QIoF60MA5RTpQK8tOpot]The Pooling Rinse Process - YouTube[/ame]

The Junkman

:cheers:

Edited by Junkman2008

• Answers 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Why thank you... :cheers:

Maybe you can tell me how you did those lights. I love the color. Looks like it would match my Vista blue stripes.

Sure no problem, Love helping out other car people. Those lights are plug an play LED's.

First find out what bulbs are in your car

http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/

Then cross referance what bulbs you have

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2Fbulb_cross.htm

The go shopping

http://www.superbrightleds.com/cgi-bin/store/index.cgi?action=DispPage&Page2Disp=%2F1157.htm

I got the blue ones, I bought some from a corvette supplier and then thought to myself why am i paying the middle man just go to the top. Luckily this place is right by my work so i saved the shipping.

Sorry to jack your thread J-Man

:iagree:

You have to pass a test to be a mod in the Junkman's Corner...

Test?? dang guess ill never be a MOD.... How about a 3lb porterhouse instead??

I will use this technique on the wife's Subaru tomorrow at bath time--anything to keep the car from turning back into a mass of swirls. Our hard water here waterspots in 30 seconds and just make a mess of the World's Softest Paint Black Forester.

I will use this technique on the wife's Subaru tomorrow at bath time--anything to keep the car from turning back into a mass of swirls. Our hard water here waterspots in 30 seconds and just make a mess of the World's Softest Paint Black Forester.

I experienced some of that hard water this week. Had to buff the entire truck because of it. :willy:

pat_garage1.jpg

pat_garage2.jpg

pat_garage3.jpg

pat_garage4.jpg

After some coaxing...

pat_garage5.jpg

pat_garage6.jpg

pat_garage7.jpg

pat_garage8.jpg

The pooling rinse would have helped this a lot.

I just tried this. It works PERFECTLY. I mean there was no water left on the car. Think about it. You are drying your car with water... Just dribble the water out of the hose. Start from the top and it will collect the water in one puddle and slide off.

Another great video from The Junkman...

I just tried this. It works PERFECTLY..... Think about it. You are drying your car with water...

Yes, to make your car drier you must first make it wetter. It's hard to wrap your noggin around that concept until you try it. :willy:

I like this pic. Dylan has his thumbs up, but the Junkman has his "What else would you expect from The King of Shine?" look. :2thumbs:

pat_garage8.jpg

I see that you are doing some research! :thumbsup:

i have a science background & seeing the concept applied to my hobby is immensely gratifying

let me nerd-out for a second

SimpsonsNerd.gif hoyvin glavin flavin

what is going on here is called, "INTERMOLECULAR COHESION"

it is a property of water (being a polar compound ....means the molecule is not balanced) that causes it to lean on other molecules like itself...aka more water

you can test this out by dipping your finger into some water. After taking your finger out the droplets look like they want to hang onto your finger & stick together before their weight/gravity pulls them off

syrup-COHESIVE.jpg (that's honey but you get the idea)

you can also see it when rain drops accumulate on glass

chuva.jpg

Pool rinsing works awesome when done over corrected and regularly waxed paint.

I've got terrible hard water at my place. After doing research and reading/watching Adam's forums and videos, I've managed to keep hard water spotting down to a minimum.

Not rinsing any soap while washing helps a ton. Pool rinsing and thenusing detail spray immediately after helps a ton also.