Customer Service 866.965.0400

Whats new at Adams Polishes?

What a great trip!! Here I sit at Adam's dining room table discussing how great the start to this year has been and how we can make things even better. Below is a breakdown of things that have happened and new things on the horizon... I fly home today with a long list of things to tackle and changes to make. Thanks to Adam and his beautiful family for having me in their home, feeding me, and putting up with me. This trip has been top notch!!

I even got to experience some REAL Colorado weather yesterday :willy:

DSCN0632.jpg

WELCOME TO THE TEAM MARIO - Adam's is proud to announce a new addition to the Boulder Colorado team. Mario comes to us from Tesla Motors where he was the top sales professional. Additionally, he has a background in high end exotic car sales, so he might know a few things about cars. He will be helping us implement huge process improvement, streamlining the warehouse, and continue the level of service and performance the has become synonymous with Adam's Polishes. I've had the privilege of working closely with him all this week and all I can say is we are fortunate to have a person of such high caliber join the team. Below is a picture of all of us enjoying dinner in the Pitale house last night :2thumbs:

CIMG3727.jpg

WHITE BEATS BLUE- if you haven't already seen the thread the new double plush towels have been an overwhelming success. Due to their sudden rise to the top and some ongoing complaints that some of the blues were causing lint issues the whites won out. I, like many of you, am sad to see the True Blue Superplush retire, but that means there is room for a new towel in our stable... stay tuned :cool:

The new towels are now available in single, double, and four pack quantities and have replaced the blue towel in all our kits.

494.jpg

THE ESSENTIALS KIT HAS BEEN REDESIGNED- With the retirement of the True Blue Super Plush our kits had to be redesigned, one that got the most attention was The Essentials Kit... be sure to check out the site for the new lineup including a flip pad, 2 foam block, and a Double Plush!! Same great products, but now withe better goodies and still a great value!

99.jpg

http://www.adamspolishes.com/p-99-adams-original-essentials-car-detail-kit.aspx

NEW & IMPROVED WASH PADS- As of this week all orders for wash pads have been receiving our new and improved standard and jumbo wash pads. They look nearly identical to our old pads, but have a few minor improvements. A slightly shorter synthetic wool fiber has been used to limit the amount of fiber on the pad that bind together. Anyone who has had one of our old mits for a long time knows that the fibers over time twist and bond together, this doesn't affect performance, but the pads look worn. The new fibers are less likely to do this tangling effect so your pad will look new for longer. Also, the fiber count per inch is much higher. The higher fiber count makes the pad hold just as much water/soap as its long fibered predecessor plus it softer, denser feel translates to better washing experiences.

397.jpg

YELLOW HEX GRIPS ARE TESTING NOW - In keeping with our color coding theme a replacement for the red hex grips are coming. It will be the same dense black foam backing, but with a yellow applicator face to match Buttery Wax. It took a lot of work to get a yellow foam that was a similar cell structure and density to the red, but we believe we've found it. Look for these to be available soon as the red will slowly be fazed out.

NEW BACKING PLATES - As I'm sure many of you have seen we recently changed up our backing plates. A spike in the amount of returns we were seeing and longer than expected lead times from our suppliers we decided to upgrade to a beefier plate. The new plate is far more sturdy, the quality is much better, the plates are far more true. Every single one I've laid my hands on has been perfectly on balance. Additionally the cooling holes will improve the life of the hook & loop surfaces for those of you who do some gnarly corrections at 6000opm for extended periods of time.

337.jpg

GLASS SEALANT AS A STAND ALONE - Coming soon!! Glass Sealant has been a HUGE hit and I'm sure those of you who have used it have been applying it to every window on your car, your wifes car, your friends cars, and even your home. We realize that buying a complete kit with another bottle of glass cleaner and another towel isn't probably something you're interested in. Stand alone 4oz glass sealants will be available for purchase soon!

IMPROVED FOAM BLOCK APPLICATORS - We recently began shipping out a newer more dense version of our foam blocks. Many of you may already have them. Our old blocks were great, these new blocks are even better. The denser foam equals better life from each block and they're less likely to get crumbly after use on rough surfaces. They're still black, they're still square, they're still cheap!!

43.jpg

MORE NEW KITS COMING SOON - The team has been hard at work, listening to feedback from our customers, researching new tools, and testing product combinations to come out with better kits. Look for a complete overhaul of our kit layouts coming soon including new sample packs, new gallon combinations, and better values across the board.

SITE UPGRADES - Thanks for all your great input over the last few weeks on how we can improve our site. We are currently working with our software people to design new layouts and implement as many of your suggestions and ideas as we can.

SHIPPING DELAYS/HUGE RESPONSE - All we can say here is "THANK YOU!" the response to our spring sale has been overwhelming to say the least. The volume of orders that came in this year over last year is up OVER 50%!! We are humbled and completely astounded that our little detailing products company has garnered such support. Your business is so extremely appreciated and we can't say enough about the great responses we've gotten from you, our loyal customers. The downside to this sudden and extremely unexpected growth is that we have had to delay shipping orders out in some cases due to items out of stock. Thank you for being patient while our warehouse team works at full speed for long days to get your orders packed and shipped. Now that the sale is over we hope to be caught back up and shipping orders out super quick by the end of next week.

Thanks for your patience and even more for your business! It can't be said enough how much we appreciate each and every order you guys place with us.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great info Dylan thanks!

Didn't your parents teach you to take your hat off at the dinner table? lol

Welcome Mario! So is Mario doing Six Sigma? THAT would be huge for you I think.

Six Sigma seeks to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects (errors) and minimizing variability in manufacturing and business processes.[2] It uses a set of quality management methods, including statistical methods, and creates a special infrastructure of people within the organization ("Black Belts", "Green Belts", etc.) who are experts in these methods.[2] Each Six Sigma project carried out within an organization follows a defined sequence of steps and has quantified targets. These targets can be financial (cost reduction or profit increase) or whatever is critical to the customer of that process (cycle time, safety, delivery, etc.)

Chris

I come from a background where I facilitated many many many kaizen events and I'm intently familiar with the aspects of lean six sigma improvements. We're adapting as much of the LEAN principles as we can in this small operation. Mario will be working on these improvements mostly and I'll do my part to keep the ball rolling from California... change is slow, but it is happening.

We are not without our flaws, but we know where we are needing improvements and we are addressing them as we can.

Great info Dylan thanks!

Didn't your parents teach you to take your hat off at the dinner table? lol

Welcome Mario! So is Mario doing Six Sigma? THAT would be huge for you I think.

Chris

Exactly! That's awesome! I wish it was around when our business was as small... We started it about 2 years ago and the changes are immense... Slow sometimes as we are VERY spread out but VERY good in the long run. Our thinking is if more companies don't implement and live by this or a similar method they will find doing business hard or impossible in this VERY competitive market. Adams market is even more competitive than ours is.

Awesome news!

Chris

Great update. I was one of the ones experiencing a slight shipping delay I guess. I had two orders in and the last one I placed showed up before the one before that. I hit up Ashley on chat yesterday though and she let me know right away what was going on, and I was off and running. She was quick and to the point, and that is what I like. :rockon: Glad 2010 is going strong for Adams. That means bigger better things will continue to come out of here. I always look forward to trying the new stuff. :willy:

What a stellar week! Having Dylan out was fantastic, and we got an incredible amount accomplished. Much needed, and perfectly timed!

Thanks for coming out Dylan, and you are an A++ house guest!

Luca even learned your name, "Deeee!":)

Thank you Dylan, and to all who posted kindness here!

-Adam:thumbsup:

First version sucked compared to our current stuff... it was scrapped. Version 2 is in the warehouse right now but probably won't go into testing for a little while.

Send it my way, I'll get some R&D going. adamsmail.gif

Archived