Customer Service 866.965.0400

Luca Rides a Schwinn @ 23 Months!

Adam

I am a proud father indeed! Vintage Schwinn bicycles are my passion, so before Luca was born, I started looking for an old Schwinn 'Lil Tiger for her to learn on.

Well, she has been crawling up on the bike since she could pull herself up! Here is a photo from last year, at about 14 months, and another from the other night on her first day riding.

Luca will be 2 on June 27, and by the end of this summer, she may be riding the park trails with us, only now on her own Schwinn!

I love being Luca's Dad, more than anything. :banana:

Here is a super low res video filmed with my phone of the big ride:

<object height="385" width="480">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-H87h1XWIE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="385" width="480"></object>

Thanks guys! Very kind, indeed. I am incredibly fortunate to be able to spend so much time with my family, and I know it. Hope to always keep priorities in check!:)

Very cool old Schwinn! I know the joys of getting the kiddos on bikes, especially as an "old" BMX racer myself.

Right now, my oldest is getting into BMX on, coincidentally, a Schwinn. It's a 2001 Pro Stock Team.

This, among other things, is one of the joys of being a dad!

Adam, this is Darlene. Love her heart!! She's just too cute for words. This is just the beginning. Please give her a BIG squeeze from me.:grouphug: I'd love to give it to her in person. I'm glad you post these things so I can see her growing.

Adam, this is Darlene. Love her heart!! She's just too cute for words. This is just the beginning. Please give her a BIG squeeze from me.:grouphug: I'd love to give it to her in person. I'm glad you post these things so I can see her growing.

Thanks Friends, and hello Darlene! Luca loves the books you sent home with me at Grabiak, thanks again for those! You have an amazing heart Darlene, truly unreal!:) (How is your grand daughter??)

Here are a few more pictures, since I'm bragging in this thread anyway. . . .

This weekend, Melissa went to visit her sister in CA, and Luca and I had 4 days and nights, just the two of us. Heaven! (I really enjoyed the solo time with Luca, and we rode a zillion miles through Boulder, her on the back in the baby seat.) :banana:

She's too cute Adam! And she's got one sweet bike to learn on!

How's the pregnant wife doing? Any word on boy / girl yet?

Sorry Ryan, didn't read your post completely! Baby #2 is a BOY! Whoohoo!:cheers:

(How's fatherhood treating you my friend??)

Adam, you have a beautiful little girl. Your picture of Luca on her bike makes me wonder if serendipity is at work here. Tonight after dinner my wife showed me an ad for little bikes similar to Luca's for our twin girls. I said I thought they were too young and my wife disagreed with me. My twins will be 2 on June 17 and now I'm thinking it's bikes for their birthday present from me. My goodness they grow up fast!

Congrats on your twins! Watch the video, it's not too soon, just need the right bike, and training wheels.

By the way, our daughter cannot rid a bike with coaster brakes, only the Schwinn 'Lil Tiger, with no brakes, direct drive. (Pedal backwards, go backwards, forward, go forward.) The banana seat kept her from falling off the seat initially as well.

There are some on Ebay: http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=schwinn+tiger+lil&_sacat=0&_odkw=schwinn+tiger&_osacat=0&bkBtn=&_trksid=p3286.m270.l1313

or on the Schwinn Forums. http://www.schwinnbike.com/usa/eng/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=3

Let me know if you need help identifying the right bike!

I love Schwinns, and watching our daughter ride one is OUTSTANDING!:D

Sorry Ryan, didn't read your post completely! Baby #2 is a BOY! Whoohoo!:cheers:

(How's fatherhood treating you my friend??)

How awesome is that - a girl and a boy!! Congrats buddy!

I'm lovin' every bit of this roller coaster. Claire just hit 10wks and she's starting to giggle a bit now when we play. She's the most fun first thing in the morning where you can you find her just happy to be awake.

Here's a couple of new shots.

Congratulations Adam! :cheers: A son is great. My wife thinks that our newest grandbaby to be is going to be a boy too. So does our daughter. We'll find out in a couple of weeks.

Give Melissa our best.

That's an AWESOME video Adam! You have yourself a cutie!

Congrats on the boy! I'm looking forward to these times as well.

Pretty sure the garage will be off limits for riding though... lol

Chris

Archived