Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hand Polish Pics

Mato

Question

Well, received my Hand Polish Kit Combo and decided to give it a try. The test for this kit was on my Silverado Mirror Covers. The truck came with the ugly textured stock ones. I found a set on ebay for the color-matched ones that the guy claimed were "Like New." Well he obviously tried polishing them up on his own and they turned out terrible. I really didn't complain because I new I could fix them!!!

I am extremely impressed with the turnout :2thumbs:

Products used:

Adams Detail Spray

Adams Clay Bar

Swirl & Haze Remover w/orange Hex Applicator

Revive Hand Polish w/blue Hex Applicator *** This stuff is SICK ***

Buttery Wax w/yellow Hex Applicator

picture.php?albumid=397&pictureid=2251

picture.php?albumid=397&pictureid=2252

picture.php?albumid=397&pictureid=2253

picture.php?albumid=397&pictureid=2254

picture.php?albumid=397&pictureid=2255

picture.php?albumid=397&pictureid=2256

24 answers to this question

wow this builds my confidence level up before i work on my camaro this weekend! the swirls are not near as bad, and i'm hoping to only have to do one pass by hand! no PC yet, but it might be coming soon the more i look at my wife's etched windshield every morning we carpool to work!

As great of results you can get with these products by hand. I would still not substitute using a machine to completely remove swirls.

Although my paint looks "perfect" in the area I treated, there are still minor swirls/scratches I could not capture with my camera.

Either way, Adams products kick ***

How long did that take?

Funny you should ask, I actually wanted to take pictures of each step and I WAS timing myself. But, my neighbor came up to me and was BSing with me while I was doing it. So rather than he thinking I was crazy taking pictures of an applicator I missed my chance. I lost track of the time, But I'd say I worked on it for about 15-20 min

How many times did you have to go over it with SHR to get that part of the swirl out?

I went over it 3 times with the SHR

Archived