Customer Service 866.965.0400

Talk to the doc

The future product offerings need to be determined in large part by who your target market is.  As a beginner, one of the things that attracted me to Adam's was the focused product line: one glass cleaner, one shampoo, one leather conditioner, etc.  For a noob, the huge number of product offerings from the competitors was overwhelming.  That along with the instructional videos and forums were icing on the cake. The flip side is that the limited product line doesn't necessarily cater to the all the pros who are looking for a specific polish or pad.  So the question that must be answered is: Who are your customers?:  People that like to coddle their cars who have no interest in detailing for dollars? Or pros where margins and efficiency are the name of the game?  As you expand your offerings to cater to the pros, it may have the potential to put off newcomers who may feel overwhelmed.  So some questions that need to be answered are:  How many of your current customers detail for dollars, and do you want to capture more of that market?  Or would you rather focus on people that just want to keep their nice cars shiny?  (And you may have lots of customers that fall somewhere in between!)

Whatever you do, don't lose sight of your core offerings: high quality easy to use products, backed by incredible customer service!

Thanks for listening!

The future product offerings need to be determined in large part by who your target market is.  As a beginner, one of the things that attracted me to Adam's was the focused product line: one glass cleaner, one shampoo, one leather conditioner, etc.  For a noob, the huge number of product offerings from the competitors was overwhelming.  That along with the instructional videos and forums were icing on the cake. The flip side is that the limited product line doesn't necessarily cater to the all the pros who are looking for a specific polish or pad.  So the question that must be answered is: Who are your customers?:  People that like to coddle their cars who have no interest in detailing for dollars? Or pros where margins and efficiency are the name of the game?  As you expand your offerings to cater to the pros, it may have the potential to put off newcomers who may feel overwhelmed.  So some questions that need to be answered are:  How many of your current customers detail for dollars, and do you want to capture more of that market?  Or would you rather focus on people that just want to keep their nice cars shiny?  (And you may have lots of customers that fall somewhere in between!)

Whatever you do, don't lose sight of your core offerings: high quality easy to use products, backed by incredible customer service!

Thanks for listening!

Well put. I think you captured the reason for my attraction to Adam's Polishes. I'm just a weekend warrior and Adam's makes my hobby easy to keep up with.

Well put. I think you captured the reason for my attraction to Adam's Polishes. I'm just a weekend warrior and Adam's makes my hobby easy to keep up with.

Just remember the K.I.S.S. for us novices`s :)

Dylan, just had another idea to add to my list

11)  Double soft or equivalent plush Drying Towel in approx 20 x 40 or 24 x 36, ultra plush is where its at (I would thus vote for retiring the Great White), I have seen a white edgeless towel similar to borderless blue which comes in drying towel size, I think it would be an excellent replacement :)

• 4 weeks later...

Lot of good ideas here already....

1)  A strip wash - good for those of us wanting to start over on a vehicle....or looking for a little more 'bite' out of their shampoo, particularly on a coated vehicle.

2)  A primer/'Eraser' - I was always very leery of mixing my own ISP blend after polishing and before LSP.

3)  Highly concentrated APC so we can dilute it for multiple jobs in various concentrations. 

4)  While I love Rinseless Wash, I'd vote to keep making it slicker/more concetrated.  Make it 'more better'.   :)

5)  Highly concentrated bug/tar remover.  Years ago, I used something from another company called 'Prince of Wales Tar Remover' (I think that's what it was called) and it worked very well.

6)  Some various wash media options besides the standard synthetic wool wash pad. 

7)  Ultra plush MF drying towel to supplement/replace GWDT.  

8)  Something trivial but cool - more Adams brand stickers to label generic larger bottles.  I saw the prototype new logo on social media - very cool!

Edited by cammyfive

Lot of good ideas here already....

1)  A strip wash - good for those of us wanting to start over on a vehicle....or looking for a little more 'bite' out of their shampoo, particularly on a coated vehicle.

2)  A primer/'Eraser' - I was always very leery of mixing my own ISP blend after polishing and before LSP.

3)  Highly concentrated APC so we can dilute it for multiple jobs in various concentrations. 

4)  While I love Rinseless Wash, I'd vote to keep making it slicker/more concetrated.  Make it 'more better'.   :)

5)  Highly concentrated bug/tar remover.  Years ago, I used something from another company called 'Prince of Wales Tar Remover' (I think that's what it was called) and it worked very well.

6)  Some various wash media options besides the standard synthetic wool wash pad. 

7)  Ultra plush MF drying towel to supplement/replace GWDT.  

8)  Something trivial but cool - more Adams brand stickers to label generic larger bottles.  I saw the prototype new logo on social media - very cool!

+1 on #8... the Adams stickers / decals. I want to represent my brand of choice!

im really looking forward to a new foaming gun for a normal water hose, not a pressure washer. Maybe even a redesigned foaming spray bottle that doesnt use as much product? 

Also a dedicated headlight restoration kit would be nice. My truck definitely needs one.

10)  MFR - Sell the 36 oz. size in the Pre-Mixed measuring bottle, similar to Micro Restore!  Gallon refills can have an add on for a dilution bottle.

+1 with an addition: I was using MFR but had to stop because of the smell. Although it's not supposed to have any added fragrance, something in it has a strong perfume odor that lingers on the towels. When I hang them to dry, the whole room smells for as long as they hang there. I've gone back to using Micro-Restore because it has no lingering odor.

I also thought that the towels didn't rinse as cleanly with the MFR even after multiple rinses in plain water. The Micro-Restore seems to rinse out better and leave no apparent residue.  I will add that we have well water with calcium/magnesium which may contribute to that problem.

I'd prefer to stick with Adams products so if you could solve that odor problem, I'd go right back to MFR.

I also second Jason's note on the pre-measuring bottle.

Of the other suggestions offered, I would also like a sealant applied with water. Before switching to Adams, I used another product that was applied with a wet plush MF. It was easier to tell if you had achieved good coverage.

Thanks, Dylan - the fact that you ask for this kind of feedback in an open forum is exactly why I'm a dedicated Adams fan!  :rockon:

If they brought them on I'd like to see them in black/white instead of the blue/white you can get everywhere else lol

I agree, I have a few other sprayers that are blue and white and a change in color would be nice.

The failure rate on the kwazars was so astronomical for us we decided we couldn't continue to sell them. As a matter of fact, went to use one of our remaining ones last week and the trigger popped off on the first pull. Given it has been used a good amount, but it just wasn't living up to the durability standards.

The failure rate on the kwazars was so astronomical for us we decided we couldn't continue to sell them. As a matter of fact, went to use one of our remaining ones last week and the trigger popped off on the first pull. Given it has been used a good amount, but it just wasn't living up to the durability standards.

I haven't had the trigger pop off with them, but I had the bottle separate from the sprayer portion. Disappointing as they have a really nice spray pattern and the double spray is as well.

Bummer... But understandable, definitely want something with durability.

Wow never knew all that.  I had a Mercury sprayer once and it was Meh for me.

I like my one Venus sprayer that I have, only negative is it uses a TON of product bc of the pressure spray.

Both Mercury bottles I purchased through Adam's broke within the 1st month of use. My Venus sprayer however has been going strong for over a year now and I love it. Does use a ton of product though - not a concern of mine however though since I use it as a presoak for rinseless.

Dang!  I had a Kwazar sprayer stop working this weekend and was hoping it was a fluke.  I have 7 of these spray bottles and would hate to have more end up broken, especially since they are supposed to be a premium item, with the price to match.

Doesn't a supplier like Kwazar provide warranty support to vendors for their products?  I understand Adam's not selling them anymore because of this issue but I would think the manufacturer really should be required to provide replacement parts as needed.

I took the broken Kwazar trigger apart and found that the plunger seat was shattered.  The MFR&B must be too hard on this plastic.  I saved the trigger parts that were not broken in case something else breaks on another one.

20150123_113505.jpg

I also ran some water through the DWC and GWC sprayers so the chemicals don't just sit in there and ruin the plastics.  Figured this would buy some more time and I don't use these products very often.