Jump to content
Customer Service 866.965.0400

Recommended Posts

I enjoy the blooper vids.  But I think that while you're doing a "how to use" video, maybe you could include a clip or two sent in by customers of their rides showing the results they got from the product you're demonstrating.  Seeing results that us "normal" guys get makes us all think we can make our cars might look close to what you pros do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Rich said:

I enjoy the blooper vids.  But I think that while you're doing a "how to use" video, maybe you could include a clip or two sent in by customers of their rides showing the results they got from the product you're demonstrating.  Seeing results that us "normal" guys get makes us all think we can make our cars might look close to what you pros do. 

I like that idea rich!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about a series that educates and entertains while taking a non-Adam's aware owner and their vehicle from the early stages of not knowing how to properly maintain the exterior of a car through all the stages of cleaning, polishing, sealing, protecting. For example,  your average Jane/John are not going to have all adam's products available to them on day one. Take us through the various stages from the early discovery stage of testing the waters (which products make the most sense to start with for example), all the way to full blown shine-freak, along the way highlighting the products that would be applicable for each stage/level of discovering your inner shine-freak. ??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoy videos where people wash or restore random vehicles. Maybe go to a customers house and record the process of how you clean/repair that particular vehicle. Maybe a truck that just got back from offroading, or how to clean a wrapped car, etc...That way we can see how well the products work with abused vehicles and it shows different an creative ways to use your products. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2018 at 11:40 AM, Chonke said:

I really enjoy videos where people wash or restore random vehicles. Maybe go to a customers house and record the process of how you clean/repair that particular vehicle. Maybe a truck that just got back from offroading, or how to clean a wrapped car, etc...That way we can see how well the products work with abused vehicles and it shows different an creative ways to use your products. 

 

I think this is an awesome idea and maybe even do it like extreme makeover auto edition.  show up at a random persons house and offer to do a free full detail.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Foam Wars - a video that shows a line of foam cannons filled with the same amount of water (preferably distilled for comparison) and show adding the same amount of soaps from the different ones offers - pop each in the pressure washer and shoot - see the difference from the same video, same environment, etc.

 

Also would be nice to see a comparison of different soaps with different concentrations - ie reg shampoo with 2 oz added, 3 oz added, 4 oz...5, etc.  It would be nice to have a controlled environment available to showcase the differences.  I've read many posts about ultra foam not yielding any better suds than reg but maybe ultra foam doesn't get foamier past a certain # of ounces while regular does.  Does strip wash foam as good as the rest?  Dunno, but showcasing all in the same context would be pretty sweet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another idea that might be hard to pull off - run tape down the middle of a car that is really dirty and do a full detail/correction/polish/seal or wax on half then show the difference of the "before and after".   Since correcting could prob get away with rinseless to get a crisp line.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With summer on it's way, I'd like to see Adam's do a complete video from start to finish of a complete exterior detail. With all these new products I'd love to see them use all the products. From a strip wash, clay, foam wash, correct, seal, polish, wax etc... Some videos I see them clay the car and not wipe off residue detail spray , or when correcting then to finishing are you suppose to wipe off the product? Questions like these I'd like Adams to show a full video. I'm still a newbie and I think I've purchased almost every product but I'm still not 100% of all the steps when doing a full detail. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Will_Cog said:

With summer on it's way, I'd like to see Adam's do a complete video from start to finish of a complete exterior detail. With all these new products I'd love to see them use all the products. From a strip wash, clay, foam wash, correct, seal, polish, wax etc... Some videos I see them clay the car and not wipe off residue detail spray , or when correcting then to finishing are you suppose to wipe off the product? Questions like these I'd like Adams to show a full video. I'm still a newbie and I think I've purchased almost every product but I'm still not 100% of all the steps when doing a full detail. 

 

I've already made my suggestions above, so I'll try to help with your questions...but I do recommend you post any more on the respecitive forums to get widest visibility.

 

No need to remove clay residue before polishing. Leaving it will not harm anything. Nor is there really a need to remove polish when changing between the levels. Only time you do need to remove residue is after polish, before sealant, coating, etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I second a lot of what has already been said plus, more videos on some of the things those of us with older classic cars run into. Ex: engine bays with exposed electronics, interiors with painted metal dash and door trim areas rather than vinyl, all the chrome, SS & other metal exterior trim pieces. And especially the "Ask the Shine Doc" Series.  Loved that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would also like to see some start to finish stuff with the new products, incorporating answers to the most often asked questions here on the forum.  Foam wars would be cool, as would the customer results.  I would like to see a new/updated series like the last one with the Cadillac, going from wash to all of the way to ceramic coating, ultimately on to maintenance and all detailing steps in between.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2018 at 1:50 PM, 8675309'SS said:

Just happened to notice this today.  Looks like it was posted Friday.  Enjoy!:  

 

 

 

@Kyle@Adams, in addition to the one Jen posted, any word on more, new videos as discussed on here?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2018 at 1:28 PM, Kyle@Adams said:

We are scheduling videos to be done on a weekly basis! Keep your eyes peeled for more! 

 

 

Looking forward to seeing them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2017 at 12:02 PM, Kyle@Adams said:

Hi all, 

 

Starting this thread to spark some interest for our YouTube channel. We have our usual instructional videos and the occasional "event" coverage, but what do you guys want to see? Comment below your thoughts and we'll use them when we're drafting video ideas! 

 

Anywhere from behind the scenes/VLOG style videos, Specific restoration videos (Old Domestic Leather, Tarnished wheels, Vinyl Top Cleaning), Out of State event coverage, etc. 

 

Let us know and if you haven't done so already, subscribe to our YouTube Channel! 

 

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzpvSWz3VFZpeFeitVsybWg?view_as=subscriber

 

-Kyle  

 

 

Kyle,

Just subscribed to the channel! FYI you'll probably want to stop sharing that long URL that you put in your first post. You can simply use this one (https://www.youtube.com/user/Adamspolishes) and it takes you to the same place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/21/2018 at 11:28 AM, Kyle@Adams said:

We are scheduling videos to be done on a weekly basis! Keep your eyes peeled for more! 

 

 

 

Only seen a couple over the summer, but may have missed them. Any more new ones, potentially including those above?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2018 at 6:17 PM, rondre said:

Foam Wars - a video that shows a line of foam cannons filled with the same amount of water (preferably distilled for comparison) and show adding the same amount of soaps from the different ones offers - pop each in the pressure washer and shoot - see the difference from the same video, same environment, etc.

 

Also would be nice to see a comparison of different soaps with different concentrations - ie reg shampoo with 2 oz added, 3 oz added, 4 oz...5, etc.  It would be nice to have a controlled environment available to showcase the differences.  I've read many posts about ultra foam not yielding any better suds than reg but maybe ultra foam doesn't get foamier past a certain # of ounces while regular does.  Does strip wash foam as good as the rest?  Dunno, but showcasing all in the same context would be pretty sweet.

I agree this would be a sweet video! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×