Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ceramic paste wax application?

OmniCamaro

Question

Hi Allen, 

Ceramic Paste Wax is a pretty unique product for us here at Adam's. Not only are you combining the ease of use of ceramic properties into a wax, but you're also using a wax that has no natural carnauba in it whatsoever. To elaborate on levels of SiO2 in our product line: 

Finishing Polish: 2% SiO2

Ceramic Boost: 12-13% SiO2 

Patriot Wax: 6% SiO2

Ceramic Paste Wax: 34% SiO2 

Through the proper use of this product, you can expect to outlast an Americana or Patriot Wax significantly. Application is the same whether on a Ceramic Coated Car or a Non-Coated Vehicle. Get Ready though because just at it is effective, theres a reason we sell Buttery Wax for easy on easy off application as this product takes a little extra elbow grease if left on for more than 6-7 minutes. 

On 6/15/2018 at 12:17 AM, cbenn47 said:

Can you use a orbital for removing and a white 5.5 pad?

Thanks in advance

First off Welcome Adam's Forums!

I have not used this method, but in previous videos Adam has removed wax with a DA Random Orbital polisher.  He places a fluffy, soft microfiber towel (Single Soft or Borderless Grey should be fine) over the foam pad and uses a low speed to buff with.

On 6/14/2018 at 10:31 PM, Kyle@Adams said:

Hi Allen, 

Ceramic Paste Wax is a pretty unique product for us here at Adam's. Not only are you combining the ease of use of ceramic properties into a wax, but you're also using a wax that has no natural carnauba in it whatsoever. To elaborate on levels of SiO2 in our product line: 

Through the proper use of this product, you can expect to outlast an Americana or Patriot Wax significantly. Application is the same whether on a Ceramic Coated Car or a Non-Coated Vehicle. Get Ready though because just at it is effective, theres a reason we sell Buttery Wax for easy on easy off application as this product takes a little extra elbow grease if left on for more than 6-7 minutes. 

Hey Kyle Happy Monday,

Just curious how much SiO2 is in the One Step Polish

thanks

On 6/14/2018 at 10:31 PM, Kyle@Adams said:

Hi Allen, 

Im a big “numbers” guy..now i can see that CW has 3 times more si02 than the CB.  Now i must buy it.  ?

I am thinking about trying this stuff.

Maybe as a topcoat to my CC to make it more slick, but also for the stuff I did not CC like chrome grill and headlights and also the front painted bumper I am about to have 3M film applied to.

I would definitely do the entire truck over CC if there was zero downside to doing it.

On 6/14/2018 at 9:31 PM, Kyle@Adams said:

Through the proper use of this product, you can expect to outlast an Americana or Patriot Wax significantly.

Any guesses on how this would compare to LPS?

Thanks

Rich

Got some of this the other week. Can't wait to try it out on my ceramic coated car. Going to decontaminate it with iron remover and light clay bar then apply this for crazy shine hopefully.

11 hours ago, rrmccabe said:

Any guesses on how this would compare to LPS?

Thanks

Rich

Obviously, a lot of factors play in. But for a Daily Driver, PS should last at least 6 months. Since the Ceramic Paste Wax is advertised to last up to twice as long as carnuba paste wax, and Patriot, for example, lasts about a month for a Daily, I'd say that means the CPW will last about 1/3 the time as PS (or about 2 months).

5 hours ago, falcaineer said:

Obviously, a lot of factors play in. But for a Daily Driver, PS should last at least 6 months. Since the Ceramic Paste Wax is advertised to last up to twice as long as carnuba paste wax, and Patriot, for example, lasts about a month for a Daily, I'd say that means the CPW will last about 1/3 the time as PS (or about 2 months).

I'd love to hear some feedback from an Adam's rep on the durability of the CPW on a non coated car. Seems to me it would be longer than 2 months even on a DD. Even the buttery wax is said to last 1-2 months(although i'm sure closer to 1 month on a daily). I would think the ceramic content of this wax would prolong the protection quite a bit. Also, what would be best to maintain the CPW? Would it be best to use ceramic boost or HGG

6 hours ago, ColoradoSHObro said:

I'd love to hear some feedback from an Adam's rep on the durability of the CPW on a non coated car. Seems to me it would be longer than 2 months even on a DD. Even the buttery wax is said to last 1-2 months(although i'm sure closer to 1 month on a daily). I would think the ceramic content of this wax would prolong the protection quite a bit. Also, what would be best to maintain the CPW? Would it be best to use ceramic boost or HGG

Ditto, and you could very well be right that I'm wrong. I was basing it on a little logic since Patriot is said to last 1-3 months, with it being on the lower end for a daily. We'll see if someone else with direct knowledge chimes in. Maybe @Dan@Adams, @Rich,@Chris@Adams@Kyle@Adams, @TheWolf...can any of you guys add more?

Edited by falcaineer

Well my experience with buttery on an outside vehicle is a month.

I have been using Patriot for my SUV which I drive about 1000 miles per year but am likely going to switch to LPS so I can get a year out of it.

So for me, just trying to figure out where the ceramic paste wax fit's in. 

So from my limited perspective so far any paste wax should outlast a liquid wax so the breakdown of durability of adams waxes is as follows:

(please correct this order if i’m mistaken)

least to most durable

Buttery

patriot

americana

ceramic paste wax

if both the buttery and patriot last roughly a month on a DD then americana should last close to 2 months i would hope. and as kyle stated a few posts ago the CPW should outlast both other pastes “significantly”. i would guess that would put the CPW out to at least 3-4 months. maybe longer??

idk just thinking aloud here 

22 hours ago, ColoradoSHObro said:

It's going to be a while before anyone can really say it lasts 6 months or a year since it only came out in March.  But I can say that my cars are "uncoated" and  the CPW has been on for about 3 months and shows no signs of needing to be reapplied or of it wearing off.   So far, I'm real happy with it.  I use the Ceramic Boost on it.

8 hours ago, Rich said:

It's going to be a while before anyone can really say it lasts 6 months or a year since it only came out in March.  But I can say that my cars are "uncoated" and  the CPW has been on for about 3 months and shows no signs of needing to be reapplied or of it wearing off.   So far, I'm real happy with it.  I use the Ceramic Boost on it.

Thanks, Rich. To clarify, your (beautiful!) Vette is more garage queen than a daily, right? Well, except for when the granddaughter wants a ride!! ? Just trying to gauge how it does in either case.

For One Step Polish, it also has 6.5-7% SiO2 in it-- not much, but enough to help with sealing the paint temporarily! 

As for LPS, it's going to last significantly longer than a carnauba paste wax like Americana/Patriot. It's polymer based and utilizes a blend of resins and polymers that usually last 4-8 months. Waxes last between 1-3 months depending on how much you build up the film during application! 

1 hour ago, Kyle@Adams said:

For One Step Polish, it also has 6.5-7% SiO2 in it-- not much, but enough to help with sealing the paint temporarily! 

As for LPS, it's going to last significantly longer than a carnauba paste wax like Americana/Patriot. It's polymer based and utilizes a blend of resins and polymers that usually last 4-8 months. Waxes last between 1-3 months depending on how much you build up the film during application! 

does that 1-3 month durability apply to the CPW though? since after all, it’s not a carnauba? 

4 hours ago, ColoradoSHObro said:

does that 1-3 month durability apply to the CPW though? since after all, it’s not a carnauba? 

I go back to the CPW product page that says it'll last up to twice as long as carnuba waxes. So, IMO, double those estimates, with lower end for dailies, higher for garage queens. Certainly willing to listen and learn from others.

Screenshot_20180621-165017.thumb.png.8949f8d586ae2c52ca3dd7c76fd374fe.png

CPW is a unique, front runner on it's own-- You're combining silicas that are found between Paint Sealants and Coatings, with a synthetic carnauba that is to the longer end of the spectrum for wax. So I would say 3-6 months for it's stand alone longevity-- If you re-up it with Ceramic Boost, you're extending the life time of it! 

On 6/21/2018 at 10:06 AM, falcaineer said:

Thanks, Rich. To clarify, your (beautiful!) Vette is more garage queen than a daily, right? Well, except for when the granddaughter wants a ride!! ? Just trying to gauge how it does in either case.

Actually, I use it on my daily driver too.  So it sees all the rain and crap we've been getting here all year.  It's holding up real well after 3 months.  

It got a good test today for sure. Got caught in a major downpour a half hour from home, so the car is a mess, but the water just beaded up and literally blew off.  Dirt on the car was probably a quarter of what it should have been, or would have been with any other wax.  This stuff is great.