Customer Service 866.965.0400

Lets See Those Detailed Engine Compartments

Chris@Adams

Question

Yeh, I really do like Adams products, really outdoes the other products I've used. Will be hitting it with the flex polisher shortly to get rid of some minor swirls and get it ready for the show season. Next I'm adding a polished catch can and replacing the stock rotors with Baer drilled/sloted rotors and Hawk pads.

No, Don Kinder at Slowhawk performance. Thought about Ted but too long of a ride. Slowhawk is 20 minutes from my house and I know a bunch of Camaro and Vett guys that use him.

Really nice SS Tom!

Slowhawk Performance 3rd time this place was mentioned to me in 2 weeks now. I was thinking about going there ..my brother lives in Bridgewater and told me about them.

Is there a special way to go about cleaning it? Or do I have to use the K&N cleaning stuff.

As far as cleaning....all you need to do is make a mixture of warm water using either 409. simple green or adams all purpose cleaner....using a spray bottle. You want to spray the outside of the filter liberally. Wait a couple of minutes....

Rinse off using a hose from the inside outward. Rinse until water runs clear.

Dry the filter by shaking or swinging it to remove the majority of water

& allowing it to dry naturally. Do not use heat or compressed air.

Sitting over crumpled newspaper helps speed the drying process.

Now you need to go to your local auto store or use K&N brand and buy a spray can of Air Filter Oil. (Purchase ahead of time)

Once completely dried....spray on even coat to the outside of the filter with the air filter oil...length-wise along each pleat.

DO NOT OVER OIL! You do not want to see oil drippings from excessive spraying.

Wait a few minutes & touch up any thin or missed pleats using a tooth brush.

Set oiled filter on newspaper again to make sure you did not over oil.

As far as cleaning....all you need to do is make a mixture of warm water using either 409. simple green or adams all purpose cleaner....using a spray bottle. You want to spray the outside of the filter liberally. Wait a couple of minutes....

Rinse off using a hose from the inside outward. Rinse until water runs clear.

Dry the filter by shaking or swinging it to remove the majority of water

& allowing it to dry naturally. Do not use heat or compressed air.

Sitting over crumpled newspaper helps speed the drying process.

Now you need to go to your local auto store or use K&N brand and buy a spray can of Air Filter Oil. (Purchase ahead of time)

Once completely dried....spray on even coat to the outside of the filter with the air filter oil...length-wise along each pleat.

DO NOT OVER OIL! You do not want to see oil drippings from excessive spraying.

Wait a few minutes & touch up any thin or missed pleats using a tooth brush.

Set oiled filter on newspaper again to make sure you did not over oil.

Should be done once a year, or more often if in a really dirty area. If it looks wet with the red oil, you have used too much. Excess will mess with the Mass Airflow Sensor.

Should be done once a year, or more often if in a really dirty area. If it looks wet with the red oil, you have used too much. Excess will mess with the Mass Airflow Sensor.

Another way to check a dirty filter is to remove so you can shine a light from the inside. If you can't see the light from the out side or it's dim...time for service!

More go than show under the hood but the New Detail Spray and In&Out helped land a first place in class at an all Camaro and Firebird Show two weeks ago. Love In&Out for engine compartment. :)

Did you get your coil covers?