Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana/ Brilliant Glaze

jcarr

Question

I have used brilliant glaze followed by American on my car about a month ago. I want to give the paint a little boost before a show this weekend, can I add a coat of BG without removing the Americana I put on a few weeks ago? Am I using this product correctly? How do I maximize it's capabilities?

Thanks

Justin

19 answers to this question

Before I purchased Americana, I was using MSW and BW on my black car. The BG over those products made for a great shine and gave me more depth in the finish. Now that I use Americana I notice no difference after applying a coat of BG over it. For me it is a waste of money. You may be different.

If I want more pop, I use either detail spray or apply another coat of Americana.

so if i put the supersealant on followed buy brilliant glaze followed by americana am i degrading the suprsealant below the brilliant glaze along with the americana above it?

From what I understand, maybe a little, but not like it does with the wax. The sealant forms a bond with the paint, where the wax just sits on top.

so if i put the supersealant on followed buy brilliant glaze followed by americana am i degrading the suprsealant below the brilliant glaze along with the americana above it? just wonder, or overthinking the whole thing not sure which.

I just recently joined the forum, and also ordered my first batch of Adams products. I bought the Americana Wax and a bottle of Brilliant Glaze. My car was pretty much spotless already, but the BG really made it "pop". The following day I put a coat of Americana Wax on it, and while it looked good, I found that it looked even better if I put a quick coat of Brilliant Glaze over the wax. Now I don't know how much this "compromises" the Americana application, but I can tell you with certainty that the surface feels slicker and shinier than it did before the BG topcoat. Was this a bad thing? Did putting this layer of BG on top of the Americana remove my wax? I can't imagine it did, as i put the BG on super thin and it wiped off cleanly with no streaking or evidence of wax on my towel.

I like the Americana Wax, but I gotta say that it was the Brilliant Glaze that impressed me more than any product I've tried in quite awhile.

I was wondering the same thing. I would put sealant over glaze and wax over sealant but not glaze over either. Are we sure the glaze doesn't compromise any of the protection afforded our paint by the wax?

MSS should only be applied to bare paint.

As for the glaze, yes, it will deteriorate the wax it is applied over or under. If the wax is applied over the glaze, the glaze will last much longer. If the glaze is applied over the wax, it will compromise the wax some, and the glaze will be gone after a few washes.

There is no 'rule' on how the glaze is used. If you need a little extra 'pop' before a show, then hit the car (paint, windows, wheels, and chrome) with a layer of BSG.

OK not to be the anti-Christ here, but BG after a polish and UNDER any wax is cool with me. Not cool under sealant. Just don't put BG OVER any wax or sealant or you will erode the layer of wax or sealant under the BG. Am I all wet or does this theory or hypothesis hold water?

I was wondering the same thing. I would put sealant over glaze and wax over sealant but not glaze over either. Are we sure the glaze doesn't compromise any of the protection afforded our paint by the wax?

OK not to be the anti-Christ here, but BG after a polish and UNDER any wax is cool with me. Not cool under sealant. Just don't put BG OVER any wax or sealant or you will erode the layer of wax or sealant under the BG. Am I all wet or does this theory or hypothesis hold water?

You bet! Justin, go with a coat of Brilliant Glaze, and it will bring the just detailed POP right back, with little effort....do the glass and wheels too!

Should you feel the need to top it off the day of the show, hit it down with a quick mist of Detail Spray.....

;)

What does this guy know? :jester:

Gata love the BG for that deep and wet shine!

You bet! Justin, go with a coat of Brilliant Glaze, and it will bring the just detailed POP right back, with little effort....do the glass and wheels too!

Should you feel the need to top it off the day of the show, hit it down with a quick mist of Detail Spray.....

;)

Archived