Customer Service 866.965.0400

Bye Dodge Ram, Hello Camaro

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Question

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Just picked up my new 2011 Camaro LS from the dealer. 3k miles on it - saved a few thousand on the purchase. Knew the former owner - had it 3 months, had to have his truck back.

Moderate swirling of the paint - and overall lack of proper care, but I'm happy I finally have something to shine that will shine better than that Silver Dodge Ram.

The wheels are the stock 20's, they look painted, I guess I treat them like paint.

Suggestions?

Here's the only photo I have right now. My former truck is next to it.

88443e39.jpg

25 answers to this question

Cool, the car is sharp! But I happen to love the 18"heritage wheels on my camaro. I do wish they were aluminum. But I totally dig the look of them. I'm not I fan of the bigger wheels on the camaro. But on the black, I must admit they look sharp. Have fun with the detail;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Original purchaser added a rim package offered by the dealer in the back of the lot - they offer it when you say "Oh, but I wanted Leather" or "Oh, I hate the wheels, I like the big ones over there on the car that's $5000 more" - for $995, they put the 20" stocks with Pzero's on em.

I hate the 'Heritage" wheels as well. I've been monitoring Camaros under $25k for awhile. Around here, they are hard to come by unless you want one already out of warranty. Under 4k miles, 20's, 3 months of use for $22k... yeah, I'll take it. Just get me out from that Dodge Ram with a resale value of dirt before I'm upside down in it after only 6 mo.

Ha.

Thanks for the compliments all.

I've posted videos of a detail.

True dat! The LS has 18" steel rims. It is possible to just add the bigger tires. If that is what they did then check to see if they changed the speed limiter from 118mph to 155mph. The LS is limited to 118 because of the tires.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked up my new 2011 Camaro LS from the dealer. 3k miles on it - saved a few thousand on the purchase. Knew the former owner - had it 3 months, had to have his truck back.

Moderate swirling of the paint - and overall lack of proper care, but I'm happy I finally have something to shine that will shine better than that Silver Dodge Ram.

The wheels are the stock 20's, they look painted, I guess I treat them like paint.

Suggestions?

Here's the only photo I have right now. My former truck is next to it.

88443e39.jpg

Nice car however I believe the LS come with the 18" heritage steel wheels. Did you upgrade to the RS wheel package?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Thanks Len, and others... Paint isn't real swirled, just mild, but not mild enough to hold me back from the 3rd weekend in a row making sweet love with a PC7424XP.

I will need SVRT and In-Out and Carpet - but getting over the down payment hit (this was an impulse buy). I'll hit you very soon tho.

Yeah, I saw the vid on Camaro5 forums for the ZL1 selling (charity) for $250k - ridiculous.

Wish I had that kind of cheese to spread on my crackers. :loser:

Very nice. I'm seriously considering selling the Vette for a ZL1. Did you catch the one they chanced off at BJ over the weekend? Can't wait till they're out. 580 HP beats my 405 any day.:rockon:

Magnacharger, Headers and full exhaust and youll like your vette a lot more! this is what i want to do...

Nice Camaro OP!!!

Guest Gone & Forgotten

Thank you everyone! I'm excited about having a new toy (daily driver toy)

Washed it earlier. Long day today. Tired. Won't get the paint correction until this weekend. Owning 3 cars in 2 years - plus the wife's upgrade - been detailing like crazy. This one, being black... opens new doors and has higher promise for actually seeing my work payoff. Silver truck - hard to see any real differences, Light Pewter Corvette, same, Red Mustang (wife) - eh... see it but no mirror finish out of that crappy factory paint. This one tho... wow. I have HIGH hopes. Here's some more pics.

Sorry for the sizing. I'm stupid and lazy.

24428f57.jpg

Last one for now.

0131621c.jpg

Proof for Junkman below ;)

18718680.jpg

Very nice. I'm seriously considering selling the Vette for a ZL1. Did you catch the one they chanced off at BJ over the weekend? Can't wait till they're out. 580 HP beats my 405 any day.:rockon:

i traded my ls3 ss for the c5z i have now i dont regret it but the ZL1 looks promising for sure. cant wait till it hits the streets

Archived