Customer Service 866.965.0400

Sad to see!

chrys7

Question

SO i was at my Dodge Dealer today getting work done on my 2011 392 Chally and Saw this...............

2012 Dodge Challenger 392....and the Clear coat was destroyed!

I walked over the entire vehicle and it had scratches GALOR!!!

The Culprit hosed down all the cars in this PIC and just wiped them down one after the other. I walked over to EVERY single car every single car's clear coat was scratched and they havnt even been purchased yet!

SO SAD!!!!

17 answers to this question

You ought to see what they use to get snow off them in the winter... I'll never buy one off the lot, unless it was literally just off the truck.

When I ordered my G8 I told the dealer not to touch it when it came in. All they did was remove the plastic. No washing at all.

Chris

Metal Shovel...

SAY WHAT!!! Unbelievable cleaning snow off of a new car(or any car/truck) for that mater.

So glad that my new black Golf had not been accessories with the no charge swirls and scratches. Happy to get it dirty and give it the first bath with Adams car wash shampoo. Still swirl free thanks to two bucket washes. And no dealer courtesy washes during servicing.

I got a funny look from the Toyota salesman and sales manager when I told them that we wouldn't take final delivery of my wife's '09 Magnetic Gray Metallic Rav4 if they washed it. He said no one ever asked them to NOT wash a new vehicle. Thankfully, they did not wash it and it is still swirl free to this day!

My black TBSS was right off the truck and into my hands. That said, it still took many hours of work to get it where it is now. I do not want to do that again...ever.

My silver '09 TBSS sat on the lot for a LONG time in SoCal, 272 days to be exact. Even then I still insisted that the dealership detailer not touch the truck. I immediately stopped at the gas station to check the tire pressures after leaving the dealer and they were all around 20psi. Once I got it home to NorCal, I found that the paint had a ton of environmental fallout, but cleaned up to perfection pretty quick. The biggest problem I had was the water spotting on the glass being a PITA. Had it not been the last silver 2wd available on the west coast at the time, I probably would have passed on it. Glad I didn't.

my car had been on the lot for a few months and didn't think about what might have happened before I bought it. it looked great till I got it home under the garage lights then I could see the damage. then I didn't help it any using MF towels (I thought were soft and safe) I purchased at Sams Club 24pk, improper washing, waxing etc.. I think I know what not to do now.

I saw a fella washing cars at a dealer off the highway with an industrial mop and bucket, and another fella standing there with a power washing unit. for sure the next new car I buy... I will look much more closely at the paint before I sign on the dotted line.:thumbsup:

I just bought a new Explorer. The dealership has a automatic carwash with the brushes. I told the salesman to NOT wash the car, he drove the car around the back and had the "detailer" clean the interior. I couldn't hardly do the paperwork because I kept looking towards the back of the dealership to make sure the "detailer" didn't run it through the wash. Finally the salesman asked me if I would feel better if I went into the back and told him for myself. I went to the back and asked the "detailer" to NOT wash the car. He cleaned the interior and brought it back and assured me he didn't wash the car.2 days later I Adam-ized the new car, and discovered I must have been really lucky, I had no swirls and the paint was clean even doing the baggie test. So I am a happy camper.

That is exactly why last year when I bought a new GMC Acadia for my wife I told them don't touch it. I saw the exact same thing, but they only did the the cars that were set on display around the front of the dealership, not the ones on the lot and I was lucky as mine had just been delivered.

Very, very common at just about every dealership.

I saw the same thing at a Jaguar dealership just a few weeks back.

This is one of the main reasons why you need the thorough cleaning process immediately after purchasing a new car.

PS: Check your tire pressures and change your engine oil immediately upon ownership too. You'd be surprised to find out how much PSI your tires are pumped to and how long that motor oil has been sitting inside that engine.... just sitting.

Archived