Customer Service 866.965.0400

New Old Guy in Virginia.

rick s

Hi Everyone,

I'm 53 and have worked on all our family's cars for decades, and decades, and decades. :)

I have a 1968 Firebird Convertible that I've had for 34 years, and a 2009 Challenger SRT (daily driver) that I added a Kenne Bell Supercharger to. Oh, and the wife has a car.

I started in the generation of Turtle Wax paste wax (the tough stuff). Then, had been using whatever Meguiar's newest wax was for ages. When I realized that the wax I had been using didn't actually hold up for very long, I switched about a year ago to Eagle One Gel w/Carnuba. It's a little harder to put on and remove; but, I like how long it lasts.

My first purchase from Adam's was metal polish for the polished supercharger a few months ago. It worked well so I am looking into changing to their wax and other products. Their Super VRT for plastic trim and tires looks fantastic and is already on my list.

I've read most of Adam's info and watched all of his video's. I'll be reading the forums because I already have a few questions.

Welcome Rick, Old guys have been around long enough to have tried a lot of stuff. So when we find the best we share it with other old guys. I have you beat in the old department by just a little, and I am here to tell you to make the switch. You will never regret the decision:welcomebanner:

Welcome Rick! If Daryle has you beat by a little bit, then I might have both of your beat in the old department, but Rich has me trumped in age. I will tell you that this old fart learned new tricks with the Adams stuff. Man I remember trying to get Turtle wax off the cars without PC's! Wasn't that fun? I also started with the Metal Polish on my 32's aluminum and Adam hooked me on that day. I have always been amazed how easy the products are to remove if you put them on thin as directed.

Welcome to the forums and ask away. There are a huge number of helpful people on this forum including the man himself, Adam!

:welcomebanner: Rick.

If your going to try the SVRT you need to get the In & out spray for the hard to reach areas

Does the in & out hold up to weather like the VRT or is it meant to be sprayed for something like a car show detailing?

Hi Shawn,

I go to the sports park once-in-awhile. I used to go to Hardees alot until they did the road widening project.

What products do you use? Do you do the machine polish? I bought the Porter Cable DA a long time ago through another company. All I used it for was to put wax on and take it off. With the wipe on, wipe off wax that I used, it was easier to do it by hand. If you use the polisher, I would love to come over the next time you do your car to get some tips.

Which Adam's products? "I celebrate the man's entire catalog." I have both the PC and Flex, but since getting the Flex I only tend to use the PC for the Machine Super Sealant and with 4" pads on headlights and more awkward areas.

I'd be more than happy to help out anyway I can, but my next correction probably won't be until summertime - and I may not be in VA then! :xfingers:

Hi Rick,

You are going to love all of Adam's great products. If I can answer any questions for you about Adam's products or detailing give me a call or shoot me an email.

Richard Kashinsky

North Carolina Distributor and East Coast Events Coordinator

richardk@skybest.com

336 408 4433 - cell

West Jefferson, NC

Archived