Customer Service 866.965.0400

Updating videos... fun at Classic Restoration in Denver.

Team Adam's

Question

Adam, Mook, & myself got together this past weekend to start work on an updated series of videos featuring new products. Heres the forum sneak peek of some of the behind the scenes stuff.

Special thanks to Classic Restoration... nothing like detailing while surrounded by super cherry muscle cars and million dollar Ferrari's!! The subject car was amazing as well... my first experience with a convertible Camaro. Impressive car and a perfect example of a fresh off the lot black paint job.

Our amazing friends over at Purifoy Chevrolet (hosting the detail clinic this weekend) were kind enough to give us use of it for the day. A couple of high speed runs out the freeway with the top down made me understand why so many people love convertibles!

Enjoy the pics... the videos will be released soon!

1737ce32.jpg

d9a294ce.jpg

829bd9ad.jpg

4fd0af67.jpg

46055648.jpg

2745ae07.jpg

8835e5fd.jpg

785f3e8c.jpg

33378fa2.jpg

ac452d3a.jpg

3791d0bd.jpg

9794e011.jpg

50eb3915.jpg

778b6479.jpg

a8a3e468.jpg

307d9014.jpg

a8ac01ac.jpg

7bb00b1a.jpg

ae104081.jpg

426e46b3.jpg

1fbfdb64.jpg

931d6d37.jpg

6ae6bc45.jpg

6dc39f31.jpg

60ee300c.jpg

cb03c233.jpg

4b7c1c11.jpg

e845305e.jpg

87562f5b.jpg

9b4b60e0.jpg

e7054c34.jpg

6e5b0037.jpg

5b1e6b5f.jpg

f1d6a058.jpg

22 answers to this question

I hear ya but i still think theyd do better to keep them from getting swirled by their employees in the first place. I cant believe a new car off the line heading to a dealer comes that badly swirled. I think most of that damage comes once its at the dealer.

You have to consider cost... for dealerships to properly wash and detail a car would add so much overhead that their margins would shrink. Purifoy is a stocking dealer for us, and they do detail cars for customers as a service, but a car sitting on the lot simply can't be a 'hole in the bucket' so to speak.

Figure it would take a solid 6-8 hours for a couple of guys to do what we did to this car... multiply that out by a couple hundred cars on the lot and you have yourself a very very very big expense to work into the sticker prices.

We came up with a little slogan during this video:

"A NEW CAR IS NOT A PERFECT CAR."

For some people, the condition that car was in is their definition of 'perfect' they don't care about swirls... then theres the sicko's like us who want it to be flawless. Everyone has a varying definition of what 'perfect' is to them... if the dealer invested time/money/product into delivering cars in utterly perfect condition to customers who weren't going to maintain that it would be a non-value added service for a bulk of their sales.

You have to consider cost... for dealerships to properly wash and detail a car would add so much overhead that their margins would shrink. Purifoy is a stocking dealer for us, and they do detail cars for customers as a service, but a car sitting on the lot simply can't be a 'hole in the bucket' so to speak.

Figure it would take a solid 6-8 hours for a couple of guys to do what we did to this car... multiply that out by a couple hundred cars on the lot and you have yourself a very very very big expense to work into the sticker prices.

For some people, the condition that car was in is their definition of 'perfect' they don't care about swirls... then theres the sicko's like us who want it to be flawless. Everyone has a varying definition of what 'perfect' is to them... if the dealer invested time/money/product into delivering cars in utterly perfect condition to customers who weren't going to maintain that it would be a non-value added service for a bulk of their sales.

How true Dylan, if the dealers did a perfect detail, then what would we do when taking delivery of our new pride and joy? :lolsmack:

The camaro looked like a million bucks when we finished too... all the dealer installed swirls were gone and with the top down it was definitely drool worthy!

I often wonder..in this situation when the dealer loans you guys a car do you guys let him see the light a bit as to what his folks are doing to the paint of a brand new car like that. I would hope a big "ah ha" moment strikes the dealer to say..wow..THIS is what the new car should look like? Maybe we're doing something wrong back at the shop.

A car looking like you guys got it pretty much sells itself vs a beat up swirled up dull finish new car. One of those boggles my mind things for quite some time now.

Looks like a fun time.

Dylan convertibles are a wonderful thing on a nice day. Glad I have one. You can take it for a ride next time you are out this way. :glasses:

the new Z06 vert has really caught my eye lately! my only problem is i can't zero in on one single sports car to buy and have fun in.... i want them all! :help:

Archived