Customer Service 866.965.0400

So what detailing step do you tend to forget?

AudiOx

Question

Every time I thing I have the process down, I'm scrolling through the forums and get reminded of something I forgot. Nothing big, just an "oh yeah, that would've helped".

For me:

-I would forget the pooling rinse half the time; my GWDT would be dripping. I think this one is finally in my long-term memory.

-Now I find I forget to detail spray after the pooling rinse, prior to drying. The pooling rinse does such a good job, I'm not sure it's needed, but I'll give 'er a shot next time.....if I remember.

14 answers to this question

I don't think I ever "forget" to do part of a detailing; it's more like I know from the start that sometimes I'm just going for a fast wash and wax, plus maybe some VRT, while other times I'm going all out getting door jambs, inside the trunk edges, the gas filler area, etc.

I guess I just have been doing it long enough that there is anything I can think of that I forget. It seems almost second nature to follow the same steps over and over again. Also when I am finished drying the exterior, I open the drivers door, pull the hood release, push the buttons on the dash for the rear hatch and the gas door. That way I cannot miss any of them. I dry both door jambs on both sides and that is when I get the top and edges of the windows when I open the doors.

I can't seem to remember to wait the 30 minutes after applying QS before putting anything over top. We'll see overtime if it really matters. I did two of my own cars over this past weekend and several panels on both may show my impatience.