Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

Rinseless washed, clayed and Quick Sealed the new ride. It had been washed the night before but I wanted some quality protection on it before I can find the time for a correction. The new ride came with dealer installed swirls that will need fixing but the holidays and life get in the way. Of course today it POURED, but it poured on my now protected ride.  :thumbsup:

Edited by Captain Slow

Captain Slow (Paul),

Did the new vehicle replace the Booboo van or the Dart?

Please post pictures when you get time.

Thanks for sending that rain our way, into the Motor City from the west, been warmer, but very rainy here the last 4 days.

Captain Slow (Paul),

Did the new vehicle replace the Booboo van or the Dart?

Please post pictures when you get time.

Thanks for sending that rain our way, into the Motor City from the west, been warmer, but very rainy here the last 4 days.

The Dart went bye bye to make room for this:

D987E551-F97C-43CB-8093-A4B68C48F6A0_zps

My son is home from college for a week, and I spent most of the day detailing the outside of his car.

Cleaned the wheels & tires, then a strip wash to get the paint extra clean.  Polished the yellowing from the headlights, then moved to the rest of the car.  Used MF pads and PCP on the paint to remove the previous coating and the swirls & scratches.  I was able to finish the PCP down well enough that it did not need a finishing polish.  I will apply a new layer of the coating on Monday, after our Christmas visits.  

I prefer a coating on his car, as he rarely washes it, and when he brings it home I can add APC to my Car Was Shampoo to make cleaning the car quicker.  It also protects from birds and pine sap better than a sealant as it bonds more with the paint.  Hopefully Adam's can have a user-friendly coating available!

If my polishing photos turn out, I will do a small write-up on this detail.

Washed the truck today...first time in a few months.  

I was planning to just clean the wheels & tires, then do a Rinseless wash.  Then I peaked at the levels in the 16 oz. bottles of full strength and diluted products.  3.5 hours later the truck was finally cleaned and the tire dressed.  #garagetherapy!  I also polished a parking lot booboo with an Orange 4" Focus pad and and used that combo on the chrome front bumper to remove some marring/junk. 

The sad part is I found out I am almost out of unobtainium (Green Wheel Cleaner) :( . 

the temp hit 60 so I pulled my Camry XSE out and gave it a full once over on the outside. It's got a recent H2O top on top of the Paint Sealant... though, I'll probably do a strip wash and re apply the next time the weathers this nice and I have the time.

Tire shine on the tires and VRT on the trim. I took it a step further and used a foam paint brush to apply VRT to all of my window seals. What a difference that made! 

I also did a Rinseless wash on my GTI and then decided I wanted to do a quick clay and seal. The clay marred the paint a little more than I thought I could live with (even in the winter), especially considering my fairly poor garage lighting. So I ended up using the finishing polish and white pad with the Rupes 15 and then 2 coats of LPS also with the Rupes. I even did the door jambs and hinges with either LPS or QS. Then I put Tire Shine on the tires and cleaned the windows and applied glass sealant and VRT on the trim. And just a quick vacuum and interior wipedown with TID.

I snapped a quick picture but, again, the poor garage lighting doesn't help. Better lighting is one of my winter projects. But even with the poor light, I could tell how much darker and shinier it looks.

post-13118-0-25591500-1451873499_thumb.jpg

I snapped a quick picture but, again, the poor garage lighting doesn't help. Better lighting is one of my winter projects. But even with the poor light, I could tell how much darker and shinier it looks.

I just did lighting in my garage this weekend. Basically divided my garage into 3rds and did 3 cans down each third  so when a vehicle is centered in the garage, theres plenty of light down the side. I left the builder installed fluorescents but swapped the bulbs out to match the 5000K LED BR30s i put in the recesses. I also added a 7th can over where the hood would be. I couldnt leave well enough alone so I swapped out the 2 bulbs on my garage door with 2 GE LiightStick 60W equal. 5000K led lamps. 

One of my neighbors was walking by while I was standing at the end of the driveway admiring it all earlier and asked "I knew you were serious about keeping your cars up, but are you trying to put a paint booth in your garage?" 

I just did lighting in my garage this weekend. Basically divided my garage into 3rds and did 3 cans down each third so when a vehicle is centered in the garage, theres plenty of light down the side. I left the builder installed fluorescents but swapped the bulbs out to match the 5000K LED BR30s i put in the recesses. I also added a 7th can over where the hood would be. I couldnt leave well enough alone so I swapped out the 2 bulbs on my garage door with 2 GE LiightStick 60W equal. 5000K led lamps.

One of my neighbors was walking by while I was standing at the end of the driveway admiring it all earlier and asked "I knew you were serious about keeping your cars up, but are you trying to put a paint booth in your garage?"

That's basically what I was thinking, but since I don't have a lot of depth I might have to set up the lights around the angled parking position like in my picture. Or just have enough lights that I can park any way I like.

I just moved into the house about 6 weeks ago and I've purchased 8 4-foot LED shop lights that I am going to put up in the basement first. So I'll try to use my experience with that to figure out how many lights I need in the garage. I'll probably put 2 or 3 lights on the existing switch for general lighting and then have a separate switch to turn the rest on for serious detailing.

Washed my Dad's A6 and hit it with HGG to protect it for the winter.  

IMAG2676_zpsqbcntqhh.jpg

IMAG2677_zps6cffxyh6.jpg

With a new showroom going up at work, it gets dirty very quickly.  The whole back and other side of the building still isn't paved.

IMAG2621_zpsjjts5igk.jpg

post-13278-0-10311600-1452384517_thumb.jpg

2016 Silverado LT. Just some Adams car wash today, the dealer put a coat of wax on it before I took it home, doubt it is great but, with snow in the forecast for most of the next 5 days, I didn't have the heart to even to an H2O.

Edited by imcrazy

11*F outside but mid 40's in my garage made it nice to Rinseless Wash the ATS4.

CD4259CE-E3E7-401B-9A68-AB473F2CE3EB_zps

I'm loving the wheels on this vehicle because there is no brake dust guard to get in the way of my Wheel Woolie. After I dried the vehicle I got out the H2O Guard & Gloss and did the whole vehicle including door jambs, under the hood, in the gashole, trunk margins and wheels using the dry application method.

687AD249-54F3-447B-8BBF-BA55ABF7A591_zps

After Adam's Quick Sealant was discontinued I had been thinking of buying the other aerosol quick sealant type coating on the market but after seeing how ridiculously easy this new product is to use, well, I've scratched that idea.  :thumbsup:

BTW: When I tried H2O G&G out last Thursday I did the trunk lid only.

Edited by Captain Slow

Nice looking car, she is really showing off that shine with the Adams getting to her. 

Thank you Jim.  She will look much better come spring when I can correct the paint. :pc: 

She came loaded with dealer installed swirls. Fortunately the light color hides them but I know they're there and it drives me nuts!  :willy:

Not done today, although both were done last week.

The '98 C5 (Nikita, or Nikki as she likes to be called) has been in the family for many years, my daily driver for awhile, then the wife's grocery getter and now my youngest sons daily. She needed a good going over as there were some swirl/rub marks and water spots so I spent a good part of the day giving her a strip bath, clay and polish. I wasn't going for perfect as the old girl will never look like new again, but she came out pretty good in my eyes. Wheels only got a quickie, will wait for Spring to pull and polish. Didn't have my VRT from Adam's yet, so let the tires go too. Changed the oil, charged the battery and gave the engine a quick wipe down. Need that VRT!!!

post-13746-0-22226700-1452574789_thumb.jpg

post-13746-0-67345400-1452574788_thumb.jpg

post-13746-0-05106700-1452574788_thumb.jpg

post-13746-0-77272600-1452574789_thumb.jpg

Once that was complete and the kid brought my car back, gave the C7 a rinseless and quick clay. This one also needs a full polish, needed it from day one, but that will also wait until Spring. I did get the "chip protector" clear plastic pulled off the rear rocker panels as that was bugging me and touched up an awful factory/dealer correction swirl that was noticeable on the rear lid.

Anyway, not too shabby with my limited Adam's products...also used G&G on the C7, but gave it to the kid to maintain his.

Yeah, I'm hooked on Adam's products! (and did I mention I like Torch Red?)

post-13746-0-32334200-1452574790_thumb.jpg

post-13746-0-84737000-1452574790_thumb.jpg

post-13746-0-86955300-1452574791_thumb.jpg

post-13746-0-33565000-1452574791_thumb.jpg

Edited by Torch Red