Customer Service 866.965.0400

What Did You Wash, Shine, and or Polish Today

Holder

Washed the wife's car in a light drizzle, then pulled it in the garage for more work.  The hood and front-end needed to be clayed first, then I polished those areas too.  I don't remember the last time I polished this car, so it needed the MF pads, but since it is silver, I was able to finish it down with adding a 2nd step.  Then applied PS.  Love my Rupes LHR 15 MarkII !!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Cleaned up a truck for a customer that I had previously done a 2 step polish on last year about this time. Sadly I only got a few pictures of the results as I had a time crunch. Results were achieved starting with a strip wash, clayed the entire truck then washed again. Liquid paint sealant was the best option for this monster as it lives outside and is a tow pig for several different toys. Silver popped very nicely after everything was done. The truck is a 2005 Dodge 3500 dually, 5.9 Cummins, six speed manual, 6 inch Skyjacker lift, 20 inch Fuel Maverick wheels on 35 inch Mickey Thompson MTZ's. The truck also has Road Armor bumpers front and rear coated in Line-X and a 16,500 lbs winch in the front. The nly performance related things done are intake, exhaust, tune, dual disc South bend clutch, and upgraded drive lines. Very well put together truck.

post-8415-0-90072900-1460840712_thumb.jpg

post-8415-0-37529500-1460841521_thumb.jpg

post-8415-0-82663300-1460841566_thumb.jpg

post-8415-0-37020800-1460841602_thumb.jpg

post-8415-0-41471400-1460841635_thumb.jpg

Got my Cruze washed and sealed the wheels with paint sealant. Love Adams products. Alot of people will say "it's just a cruze why do you do all that" but they don't understand the importance of PROTECTION, and I enjoy, and take pride in, driving a very clean car. Some people are probably just jealous that there car doesn't look anything like mine. I am proud to use Adams on my daily driver and probably have one of the cleanest cruze's in the world! BTW this is a 2014 Cruze LTZ. I will soon put up pics of my 2006 GTO. It is still in storage because I live in Michigan.

post-14115-0-88064700-1460849061_thumb.jpg

Had a sunny day yesterday and got to try out some new products from the last big sale.

Washed our Pontiac Solstice.

First try with the wheel cleaner and wheel woolie. It worked great cleaning the barrel of the rim. They were always pretty clean from the other brand product I was using. But I could never get this brake dust stripe off, until now.

The new videos have made me try cleaning the opening of the exhaust tip better so I used APC and a old rag to scrub the inside and got it cleaned up noticeably better. Not sure if it can get the rest of the baked on carbon off of it, but I'll try next wash again.

Finally picked up a sidekick. Used if for blasting the emblems, mirrors, seams. I'm amazed of how quiet it was. I had been worried if it was going to be louder then my shop vac, (I sometimes like to wear ear plugs with it since it's pretty loud). Adams may want to add that to the product description list. I would have bought it sooner If I had known how quiet it is. Another great addition to the washing arsenal.

Also did a leather clean and then conditioned on my TBSS. I tried my new cockpit brush on my alcantra/ suede inserts. Worked great. Even being careful with the brush. It looks like I scratched or heavy rub mark the leather around the suede insert though with the wooden handle in a couple of spots as I tried to brush out the seam. So I'll have to try a different angles to keep from doing it again.

Cleaned up the van yesterday. Washed, clay-mitted(sorry it's big and time was short), glazed, and topped off with americana.

Today I focused on the Golf R. Washed and clayed last night. Polished, glazed, sealed, and then topped with americana for extra shine.

post-6920-0-91142600-1460934692_thumb.png

Washed my winter wheels that I took off this week. Planned to wash both cars today, but my wife's CR-V hadn't been cleaned since mid November so it ended up taking the whole afternoon. To be fair, we did move in late November so the house was the priority all winter. Surprisingly water still beaded pretty well when I started and the only thing it has had put on it is BW last June and a few applications of HGG through the summer and fall.

So I washed, Deep Wheel Cleaner on wheels, applied HGG, VRT on trim, Tire Shine on tires, Quick Sealant on wheels, Invisible Undercarriage Spray on wheel wells, vacuumed, TID on whole interior and cleaned windows.

Unfortunately, I left it outside while eating dinner and then it already had a light coating of pollen on it when I went back out.

Got my Cruze washed and sealed the wheels with paint sealant. Love Adams products. Alot of people will say "it's just a cruze why do you do all that" but they don't understand the importance of PROTECTION, and I enjoy, and take pride in, driving a very clean car. Some people are probably just jealous that there car doesn't look anything like mine. I am proud to use Adams on my daily driver and probably have one of the cleanest cruze's in the world! BTW this is a 2014 Cruze LTZ. I will soon put up pics of my 2006 GTO. It is still in storage because I live in Michigan.

Cruze looks great, I had a black LTZ RS for a couple of years, nice DD cars.

Didn't have time this weekend for a full-meal deal, but had was bucket with rinseless wash from a few days ago, so did a quick rinseless on wife's Santa Fe and my Cherokee. Had time for "dry" application of H2O G&G on hers. One of the nice things about keeping vehicles detailed and in good shape, is that one doesn't have to go whole hog every time. Watched the neighbor wash his Camry with hose, one old bucket and what appeared to be a loofa type sponge. Ouch!

Cleaned, clayed, cleaned and put a layer of paint sealant on the Finacé's Citadel today. I like shiny things!

Must be love!

I Rinseless Washed the wife's R/T today, took me the afternoon. Now it's occupying MY half of the garage staying nice and clean while the ATS4 is in the driveway getiin' all polleny & s***! Dang thing is so big it won't fit in the camera frame.

post-1747-0-99829500-1460942022_thumb.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Prepped the 1912 race car for the Spirit of the Automobile in Daytona Beach next weekend.  Washed the wheels with Rinseless Wash, the Wheel Brush, the old and new Lug Nut Brushes, the Wheel Woolies, and the new Grit Guard Washboard.  The Washboard worked great with the brushes.

Gotta give a shoutout to Mrs. Grit Guard for adding the "G" on the Washboard.IMAG0456_zpsimqgqf3i.jpg

IMG_20160515_130919_zpsacpqxtxw.jpg

Then did a Rinseless Wash with the 'bucket of towels' method to the frame and body, applied Revive to the hood, BG to the hood and frame, and applied the new Americana Paste Wax to the hood & removed with the new triple soft towel.  Man that thing is soft!

IMG_20160515_161416_zpssdun4xtk.jpg

Michael, looks great.   :2thumbs: 

Where will the Spirit of the Automobile event be held at in Daytona Beach?

Just curious, as I have been in that area, and the Orlando area numerous times, and also have a friend in your area who just retired from Disney, so I get there every year at least once.

Thanks 

Michael, looks great.   :2thumbs: 

Where will the Spirit of the Automobile event be held at in Daytona Beach?

Just curious, as I have been in that area, and the Orlando area numerous times, and also have a friend in your area who just retired from Disney, so I get there every year at least once.

Thanks Robert!

It is being held along the riverfront in downtown Daytona Beach.  Should be a nice event, although a little warm!

So today my new billet aluminum grille badge came in. I ordered it as "polished" but it came in looking more like the door of a stainless steel refrigerator. So I got out my Adam's Polishes Metal Polish Number 2 but realized I forgot to order a couple metal polishing pads with the Metal Polishes...

Being the incredibly patient individual that I am when it comes to putting new parts on my truck, I waited all of 15 seconds before deciding to use an old cheap microfiber and my PC to tackle the job so I could go ahead and install it until the Metal Polishing Pads come in.

49349445-03ED-4A59-B64F-BEBAFEF83318_zps

Surprisingly, the short knapp side stuck to the hook and loop backing plate pretty hard allowing me to use speed 4.5-5 to polish the badge. It came out looking pretty great even, I'm definitely happy with the results for using such a crude method.

9BB1E002-23AC-4B54-8699-79021027C278_zps

F4A86D08-07BD-473A-96DA-A5C7D2D0B61E_zps

ED42DF4D-7168-4C2F-9DE0-0227B8422BE5_zps