Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rust cutter coming?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just realized I know who that car belongs to in the picture!

Then I realized........damn I need some warm weather so I can go polish something and get away from this interweb thingy instead of figuring out things like this! :willy:

Who's car is it?!?

Exactly! My fiances BMW is killing me with brake dust. I've bought turbo sticks, wheel woollies, GWC, and QS to combat it. My driveway has two big black brake dust puddle stains from hitting them with the turbo sticks for the first time.

Change pads to low dust pads.

Change pads to low dust pads.

This helps but I for one have a VW Touareg and its heavy none of the low dust pads I've used work as well as stock ones. Driving in the mountains of CO ill take the dust over less effective pads.

I remember the days when some of the Adam's crew said this was just a gimmick :) Glad to see they are jumping on board....Sonax is the shiz, but I will easily switch when Adam's comes out with their version, like I have almost everything else.

Iron-X and Sonax...all the same principle, deep pore iron attacking principle.

I don't think it will replace it! It's a nice compliment to the green wheel cleaner. This is for deeeeep clean while the green wheel one will be used for general maintenance and cleaning of an already spotless well kept up car!!!! You need both ends of the spectrum covered!!!! If that's Ryan's focus its already clean and shiney like to see it done on a unkept wheel that's been neglected.

This ^^ sounds about right.

I don't know though.. If the wheels aren't completely baked with road grime, I just use the leftover shampoo from the wash, and a separate mitt to clean my wheels and clients' wheels. Is this something looked down upon?

Since ya'll have hunted me down by the wheel.. I'll share a before photo of that wheel before applying 'said' product. Remember, although it is a focus; its a performance model. This thing dusts like a german car with high metallics in the pads.

To me the GWC has never been a good one. I've disliked it for the longest time, though some of my customers LOVE it. Other customers are 50/50 on how they feel. I've always had to hit it a few times with GWC. But after trying this new stuff. One pass with it is all I needed. Cant wait to stock up on this stuff.

I don't know though.. If the wheels aren't completely baked with road grime, I just use the leftover shampoo from the wash, and a separate mitt to clean my wheels and clients' wheels. Is this something looked down upon?

No I dothe same thing don't let wheels get that dirty although the insides of rims can be a bear. I got a free green wheel with an order used it and never ordered it again. This new stuff I would order though.

No problem, the key being the "separate mitt." Some folks even mix up a spray bottle of diluted car shampoo (I forget the ratio) for their wheels.

No problem, the key being the "separate mitt." Some folks even mix up a spray bottle of diluted car shampoo (I forget the ratio) for their wheels.

This is what I do. 2-3 tablespoons of car shampoo to 16oz of water. Works great and keeps the sealant intact longer.

Sent from my miniaturizer via tap dancing...