Customer Service 866.965.0400

Hand Applicator

Ken Hayes

Question

Spray it with APC, and work it in with your fingers.  Rinse, and spray again.  Then rinse until the water runs clean.  You could also use blue Dawn dishwashing soap. 

I like to run mine across the surface of the Grit Guard to help with the cleaning action. 

Spray it with APC, and work it in with your fingers.  Rinse, and spray again.  Then rinse until the water runs clean.  You could also use blue Dawn dishwashing soap. 

I like to run mine across the surface of the Grit Guard to help with the cleaning action.

I wouldn't use Dawn on it, not really needed, as said , as little APC, work it in and hose it off.

Comes very clean.

I used APC once and must have sprayed too much because it took about 15 hours to get them rinsed clean :willy:

Was it Leather Conditioner? That stuff foams up like a son-of-a when trying to clean out the applicator. Takes me twice as long to rinse the app clean, but I don't mind as I save pad/towel laundry for when I have nothing else to do.

Just try this one time only. My machine pads come very clean with warm water only. TRY IT. Warm water only         

Negative... I'm going to give you the opportunity to reflect on that statement a moment. Which machine pads? For which chemicals or applications are these pads being used? Then we can continue the logical flow and ask ourselves what purpose these chemicals are to serve once applied to whichever automotive surface we have elected to apply them to. I'd imagine the same property would inherently be retained within whichever vessel or application tool was selected to apply the chemical, polymer, wax, or solvent in question...

Edited by IrishCurse

Just try this one time only. My machine pads come very clean with warm water only. TRY IT. Warm water only

I wouldn't just use water Wayne, especially if you've gone through an entire detail with them and they're saturated.  There's no way to get all the polish out without breaking it down with a chemical like an APC.  More than likely, the next time you use them, they are going to dust to high heaven because of the left-over polish.  It only takes a little APC or a quick 15 minute pre-soak in some Dawn and clearwater rinse to clean them.

Simple Green I used to use full strength to clean applicators and pads, but I've found I can dilute APC 1:1 and its still just as effective at cleaning, so you can save some product for sure.

I still have some more powerful cleaners on the shelf that dilute to a really cheap APC so I sometimes mix up a bit of the "other stuff" for pad and applicator cleaning, but the Adam's APC is a staple on my shelf for sure since I mostly use it in RTU form.

^^I agree with Nick, let her know how much discount you just got!  And free shipping too!  She can't be mad then.

I've also found that Detail Spray has an irresistable scent, and if you give your wife's car an interior wipedown with it she will be smitten with Adam's for days!

(just found this out last weekend, I switched it up and used DS instead of my dedicated non-Adams interior QD, and she loved the DS smell on the interior!)

Edited by Ricky Bobby