Customer Service 866.965.0400

36oz Products To Be Discontinued

I had a reply typed and the server took a poop and didn't post it.  Crap.

I like the 36oz sized bottles as well.  Hopefully none of mine break!  I use the 36oz for APC, GWC, DWC, WW and DS on nearly every vehicle I detail.  Like the fact that it's less frequent fill ups and for the larger sized vehicles I know I won't run out of product while I'm in the middle of working on it.  I found that I used the 16oz sizes less and less once I used the 36oz sizes.  Plus I'm not sure if it's just me or not but I liked the way that DS and WW sprayed out of the 36oz nozzles than the 16oz size.  Something about it just seemed to be a bit more perfect for those products spray patterns. 

I didn't mind the size of the bottles either.  I guess I just have big hands for a short guy :blink:

Keep the sprayer and just cut it shorter for the smaller bottles.

That has everything to do with the spray head and not the bottle.  I am mixed here.  I love using the wheel and tires cleaners in the big bottles because I use that much.  The other stuff, like WW and DS, I prefer in 16oz. bottles. as I don't like clunking around a car with a huge bottle.

When doing all of the jambs and pre-treating bug and heavily soiled areas with WW I like having the 36oz size.  Of course for smaller stuff I use the 16oz size but for the larger vehicles it was a nice option. 

I know it's already going to be discontinued and the decision has already been made, which is a bummer from my perspective, but I'll just live with it.  Nothing I can do.

Edited by matts88yj

There have been a few different variations of standard sprayer over the years and they look almost identical, but the newer ones that atomize the product better have a rubberized trigger - easy way to tell them apart from the older ones if you are looking to save your good sprayers.

I always thought the 36 oz bottles were kind of awkward to use with spray products.  It never happened, but it just felt like the bottles were going to snap at the neck.  Most other quart-sized bottles (yes I know 36 oz isn't really a quart) taper up to the neck instead of being pretty much a cylinder.  It was fine for things like Car Shampoo, but even though I got the 36 oz bottles for most products I ended up transferring my most used liquids to Mercury Pro+ bottles.

DSC_5255.jpg

I always thought the 36 oz bottles were kind of awkward to use with spray products.  It never happened, but it just felt like the bottles were going to snap at the neck.  Most other quart-sized bottles (yes I know 36 oz isn't really a quart) taper up to the neck instead of being pretty much a cylinder.  It was fine for things like Car Shampoo, but even though I got the 36 oz bottles for most products I ended up transferring my most used liquids to Mercury Pro+ bottles.

DSC_5255.jpg

when did adam's make those bottles?

I love using the 36 oz bottles for detail spray, APC, and Deep wheel cleaner. Especially the detail spray as the 16 oz isn't enough sometimes to complete a claying of the vehicle.

when did adam's make those bottles?

I love using the 36 oz bottles for detail spray, APC, and Deep wheel cleaner. Especially the detail spray as the 16 oz isn't enough sometimes to complete a claying of the vehicle.

They never offered them.  I bought the bottles separately and transfered the labels. 

I am a fan of the 36 ounce bottles because it is not economical for me to buy gallons. I still have gallons with product in them from 2008 ( and they still work fine due to keeping them stored in the dark and in a cool dry place) I actually was getting ready to throw some of it out just because I havent used it and am using a new version of the stuff (ie. VRT I have almost a full gallon of it). I have bought stuff at detail clinics because of the bigger bottles the only thing I have gallons in now that are new is the WW and the DS and some Interior cleaner thats it. Oh well Ill figure something out.

I was a fan of having a larger size bottle but not a fan of the shape of the bottle like most people are saying. The 16oz bottles are just not large enough for me for some products that come to my mind like All Purpose/Deep Wheel Cleaner/Green Wheel Cleaner. I feel like I refill All Purpose Cleaner every time I use it in the 16oz bottle. I don't care if the products are offered in a larger size - as long as a larger size bottle is offered as an accessory. Just about every product I buy, I test with the 16oz bottle and then if I like it I buy the gallons. 

The only 36ers I found convenient were the car wash shampoo (it's the only bottle that you aren't constantly picking up and putting down during a detail) and APC & GWC (I'm sitting on the ground doing wheels/tires when I use these). The rest were too bulky for my liking when moving around the rest of the car. Although the larger bottles were less prone to falling over if placed on uneven ground or they encountered a strong enough wind.

I'd like to rig a backpack two hold two gallons, with tubes reduced into a sprayer that comes around the front. It could hold DS and APC...picture beer helmet but with sprayers and backpack style!

I'd like to rig a backpack two hold two gallons, with tubes reduced into a sprayer that comes around the front. It could hold DS and APC...picture beer helmet but with sprayers and backpack style!

When can we expect a prototype? 

This you? :lol:

68f4e6c7-1d28-4e6f-9752-499e8557565a_432

I personally like the 16oz bottles better...just my preference, but of I don't work on as many cars as others do :( ...wish I had the time to keep my car clean more often.

I love my 36oz bottles for apc, detailer spray, and wheel cleaner.  Gonna keep mine and just refill them.  Probably would be easier to handle detailer spray for a 16 oz though.

Total bummer. Was I the only one loving these?!?! I only use 36oz bottles for everything except for GC and SVRT Milk. I guess since I'm mobile it helps to have a larger supply on hand at all times then refill them from my 5 gals and 1 gals when needed.

FWIW I can't stand the way the 16oz feels when using them.

I'll be good until one breaks. But knowing how great you guys improve things I'm sure the new bottles will work well.

Same here.

Sad to see the 36 oz bottles go.

I never use my 16 oz bottles anymore, except Glass Cleaner, which I wish I could get in 36 oz size :D

Oh well

I would love to see the 36oz size of SVRT stay.  I know it does not make sense to only sell one item in that size, but IMO that is the product that is seems to work the best for.  The gallon is a little too much, and the 16oz is great for caring around, but the 36 is the perfect refill size.

I only recently a had 36oz bottles added to the collection and had only used the Car Shampoo thus far, so i guess i am a little indifferent at the moment. It makes a lot of sense why they will be discontinued, and we the customers will adjust. As detailers, we always figure something out!

tried the 36oz and just thought it was too much to lug around spraying without feeling it in the wrist, i have never sprayed enough of on full 16oz to warranty a refil in the same day, not to mention the smaller ones take up less space. anxious to see the new bottles though

Edited by meeper