Customer Service 866.965.0400

Brilliant Glaze questions

Thumpr

Question

I have a couple of questions with regards to Brilliant Glaze so if you will indulge me....................

• Can Brilliant Glaze be applied in direct sunlight like Buttery Wax can? 
    Or must it be applied in the shade and under certain temperature parameters?
    Sorry for this question but I cannot find the info anywhere and really curious.

• I would like to confirm that you only need one coat of Brilliant Glaze to be applied and that layering it will not result in any increased benefit with regards to shine, depth and brilliance of paint.  Additional layers may actually eat into the first layer(s) and cause the product to be blotchy?

• Everyone always refers to the combination of Brilliant Glaze and Americana Wax.  But what about Brilliant Glaze and Buttery Wax as a combination?  Does any one use this combination and if so what type of results do you achieve?  Are there any issues with this combination of products?
    I realize the Buttery Wax is not as hard and long lasting as Americana but my girl is a garage queen most of the time and not my daily driver so I am not really worried about the longevity of the wax but more interested in the "looks" results that can be obtained.

Thanks for any and all answers and opinions. 

18 answers to this question

As per my experience:

There is no benefit to multiple coats of Brilliant Glaze.

Buttery Wax will work great over Brilliant Glaze.  There's lots of benefit to using Americana Paste Wax instead of Buttery but the Buttery is cheaper, quicker and easier.  Even two THIN coats of Buttery will look great and last for weeks (or months on a garage queen).

Best thing to do is try it out and see.  If you don't love it Adam's will buy it back from you.  They're betting you'll love it and so am I.

One layer of BG will do the trick as Roger said, no need to layer it.  I've applied it in direct sunlight many times.  One thing about BG though is if you don't apply it pretty thin it can load a towel pretty quick buffing it off.  I find I have to use a couple towels to buff off BG where I usually only need one for Americana/Patriot.

Buttery is still a really nice wax and most of your shine should come from the prep work.  My car would still look amazing with the BG/Buttery combo, so don't feel bad about not having Americana.  BG/Buttery is a strong combo.

sorry to but in but i recently polished my car about a month ago with swirl cutter and machine polish.   tonite i just clay barred the whole car....now im wanting to apply Brillant Glaze and then Americana wax afterwards.   Is this a good idea?

sorry to but in but i recently polished my car about a month ago with swirl cutter and machine polish.   tonite i just clay barred the whole car....now im wanting to apply Brillant Glaze and then Americana wax afterwards.   Is this a good idea?

Sure, if the finish looks good to you, there is not need to polish again.  The BG will hide small imperfections and the Americana will lock the BG in to allow you to have that look for longer.

Is there a reason you clayed only ONE month after a polish?

Thumpr,

BG and Buttery play real nice together.  BG and APW play like peas and carrots. :D

post-2561-0-78598000-1373734354.jpg

Is there a reason you clayed only ONE month after a polish?

Forgot to test the paint prior to see if i had to clay bar.. so once i did the swirl cutter/polish i noticed a few bumpy spots in the paint.  talked to Nick@adams and he said i can wash/clay/BG/wax and be golden. so i just done this and it turned out pretty nicely.

I've done a clay then Buttery wax after a month of polishing, without polishing again. Came out great. Reason was I didn't see any need to polish again, and I didn't want to put wax over the little bit of junk the paint had acquired over that month sitting outside. Now, I cleared the garage :)

Edited by Turboelky

Thumpr - I still apply BG in the sunlight as I find it easier to see the spots I might've missed (usually due to having too thick of a layer).  I haven't noticed any difference in multiple layers so I only use one.  And since I'm still on a pretty tight budget, buttery is my go to wax and I love it.  

I figured the Glaze and Buttery were a solid combo since Adam's sells them together in the Essentials Kit. I was going to spring for Americana, but figured it'd be easier to to wax my entire truck and do it more often using Buttery since I have such a large vehicle to maintain. 

Spent the last 2 days doing a full detail on my Sonic Blue Cobra. After a full wax-strip wash, clay, and polish, I applied Machine Super Sealant, then applied a third-party Carnuaba wax. Probably the best this car has ever looked since it was new, but I went ahead and ordered the Brilliant Glaze today.

Question is, can the glaze by applied directly over machine super sealant or another wax as long as its followed up with another coat of wax? Based on some of the reading I've been doing, that is true.

It's best applied over sealant or directly on the paint. It's also best applied under the wax. Putting it on top of the wax would most likely land you none to minimal results. I'm not saying you can't put BG on top of your wax but I'd say you probably won't notice much of a difference.

I have a garage queen as well and a month ago I did a strip waxing of the car, a coat of brilliant glaze, and then a coat of Americana wax and it came out awesome!! Done a couple of shows since then, hand washed it twice since then with Adams car wash and just yesterday hit it with another coat of Brilliant Glaze and it really came back to life again. It does say right on the bottle of the BGlaze that used over a coat of wax...WOW, and there not kidding. The nice thing about the glaze is it goes on and off so easy that it can be used anytime.Love the buttery wax / bglaze combo and since its a garage queen it lasts for a while, but if your looking for depth, longevitey and the wet look, nothing beats the bglaze and Americana wax combo !!!!