Customer Service 866.965.0400

Showing my '64 Corvette at a Concourse d'elegance...

b_pappy

Wow, I am super jazzed. We are only the second owners of our 1964 Corvette. The original (female) owner bought it new in October 1963. She owned it until she died at the age of 98. We acquired it last year and started cleaning, polishing and doing some mechanical repairs. Someone saw it a a car show and invited us to show it an invitation only Coucourse d'elegance at the beautiful Palos Verdes Golf Course. This happens to be less than 7 miles from where the original owner lived.

It had repainted once (original Saddle Tan color), over 20 years ago, but I went after it and polished it up. It has some patina, but came back nice. Anyhow, I cosider it a real privelage to be invited to the show. Here's a pic of the old girl at the local car show, I spoke to the original owners daughter, she plans on coming by and seeing her moms old car all cleaned up again.

Bruce

BRUCESC3PSCROPPED_zps726dc4a3.jpg

Edited by b_pappy

Congrats on the invite Bruce, cool story on the car as well!

Very cool and Nice pic!  If you did that all with the aperture you're my hero.  I have a feeling it was chopped though, still very nice. 

No way that is OOC!  There's some digital tomfoolery going on there.

Photo adjusted or not, that's a beauty.  And second owner??  Holy cow man!  Best of luck at the show.  That one should stand proud among all the other snobby cars there.  She'll hold her own.  Thanks for sharing.

By the way, wish you could trailer it to Carlisle next month. That would be awesome to see in person!

Thanks guys, I appreciate all the kind words. I did the front garage a few years ago, work to keep it tidy. The wife caught me mopping the floor a while back, she looked at me, "So you do know how that thing (the mop) works. You can do my kitchen."

Well, I just stated the obvious, "I don't park my motorcycle in your kitchen."

In retrospect I guess I'm lucky I didn't wind up sleeping out there.

Bruce