Customer Service 866.965.0400

Reduce use of DS during drying

EPHIOS

Question

Does anyone have tips on how to reduce the use of Detail Spray while drying the car? I been using about 1/3 of the 16oz bottle on each car.

Honestly, DS made the drying my car such a breeze. Thanks!

I been trying to do that 1/2 spray method, but still uses about a 1/3 of the bottle.

Have anyone tried diluting it with distilled water, 1:1 ratio?

Edited by EPHIOS

how many squeezes of the trigger are you doing per panel?  Like MarylandTDI said, should only need to do 2-3 squirts.  I do this on my truck and don't use that much of the bottle

About 3-4 half squirts, and I do the sweeping motion as well. By the way, I do not have a large vehicle. I have a midsize wagon.

Keep the bottle a good distance from the panels, use a sweeping motion as you spray, and AT MOST 1 - 2 pumps per panel. 

People tend to go a little overboard with it... for most situations its not needed. Keep in mind the more you use, the faster your towel becomes saturated. 

NOW... if its really hot and I'm battling the sun I step up the amount I use. 

Keep the bottle a good distance from the panels, use a sweeping motion as you spray, and AT MOST 1 - 2 pumps per panel. 

People tend to go a little overboard with it... for most situations its not needed. Keep in mind the more you use, the faster your towel becomes saturated. 

NOW... if its really hot and I'm battling the sun I step up the amount I use.

That's probably one of the reason I am using more, it's a bit warm and dry here in Vegas.

I cut way, way down on using detail spray-I got A master Blaster!

Seriously, it has come close to paying for itself.

I have to use Detail Spray before using any blower, to remove water from crevices, here in Vegas. The reason is that it's hot, and the water is very hard.

blow drying will not leave spots.  It blows it right from the panel, to your floor.  I live in NM and we have similar climates, salthough yours is a bit warmer.  Blow drying with a MB is the only way to dry if you can afford one.  I'm looking to get one soon myself.  The sidekick is a good measuring stick for the power of the MB!

Our water in Albuquerque is crazy hard too, I feel your pain John.  I almost will NOT detail during the day with the sun out.  I will wake up at 0530 on a Saturday just to not have to battle the sun with this hard water.

Edited by IrishCurse

same here, hard water and blazing heat! the quicker i can get the vehicle in the garage, the better! i use 1-2 half squirts per panel, then wipe dry, and fold/replace the towel often. then blow out the cracks with the blaster sidekick and wipe up any leftover. seems to be the most efficient way for me.

I dry mine using the side kick first, then grab my Kwazar with a quick detailer diluted 1:1 with distilled water and spray as I'm drying.

I have two types of drying towels and one of them is their Great White. I can use one towel to dry the car (not including door jambs, etc..).

It could probably be less than one towel, but I'm OCD and only like to use one side of the folded towel per panel depending on the size of it. Their Great White towels work wonders when sprayed directly with diluted Detail Spray: works better than a dry one.

Their detail spray diluted works fine for me. (Top detail spray I've used, but haven't even used the new one yet: have two bottles waiting for me).

I dry mine using the side kick first, then grab my Kwazar with a quick detailer diluted 1:1 with distilled water and spray as I'm drying.

I have two types of drying towels and one of them is their Great White. I can use one towel to dry the car (not including door jambs, etc..).

It could probably be less than one towel, but I'm OCD and only like to use one side of the folded towel per panel depending on the size of it. Their Great White towels work wonders when sprayed directly with diluted Detail Spray: works better than a dry one.

Their detail spray diluted works fine for me. (Top detail spray I've used, but haven't even used the new one yet: have two bottles waiting for me).

So, wait a minute. You diluted the Detail Spray 1:1?

Yeah, I always do. Only for drying off and spot claying.

For regular use I do not.

Was it the NEW version of DS or the old version?

Also, how does it compare to using full strength of DS while drying?

Was it the NEW version of DS or the old version?

Also, how does it compare to using full strength of DS while drying?

Old Formula

I haven't used the new formula yet (have two bottles waiting).

I don't notice a difference at all and that goes for any quick detailer. But like I've said before, Adam's Detail Spray is at the top of the lists of QDs that I've used and that's just the old formula. The new formula is supposed to be better. Although I've seen some people have issues with the new formula; but I think it's mostly because it wasn't used correctly.