Customer Service 866.965.0400

Quick Rinseless Wash

Slava

Question

Gave my STI an early Christmas gift.

Decided to give her a quick wash and it gave me the opportunity to try out Adams Rinseless wash.

Before pics:

DSC_0001_zpse47e63db.jpg

DSC_0002_zps112f2ec4.jpg

DSC_0003_zpsb4f1011d.jpg

DSC_0004_zpsb103b426.jpg

PreWash5_zps26db0a12.jpg

Car was rinsed with pressure washer and pre soaked with rinseless wash.

DSC_0006_zps3bf49ed7.jpg

DSC_0007_zpsfd2f3fd9.jpg

Here's the towel after doing the roof.

DSC_0009_zps04f9eaf1.jpg

And all finished.

DSC_0010_zpsb5fa4b64.jpg

DSC_0011_zps3bd8bace.jpg

DSC_0012_zpsc83c386f.jpg

DSC_0013_zps51921876.jpg

DSC_0014_zpse3e87e24.jpg

Now I need to clean this up.

DSC_0015_zps73482688.jpg

After using other companies rinseless washes and Adams I think they all do a great job. I can't say that one is better then another. But with few more washed I might notice a difference.

21 answers to this question

Wow. Pretty daring to use rinseless wash on a car that filthy, regardless of power washing the car beforehand. I would be worried about grinding the dirt in your finish (because pressure washing only knocks off the big stuff) with the towels. But if you are happy with the results, that is all that matters.

Wow. Pretty daring to use rinseless wash on a car that filthy, regardless of power washing the car beforehand. I would be worried about grinding the dirt in your finish (because pressure washing only knocks off the big stuff) with the towels. But if you are happy with the results, that is all that matters.

Once it was rinsed off most of the dirt came off. I was a bit worried at first but after I rinsed it quick sealant did it's job and dirt came off no problem.

Once it was rinsed off most of the dirt came off. I was a bit worried at first but after I rinsed it quick sealant did it's job and dirt came off no problem.

If you're happy not a problem. There is no way I would be using the product with anything but some light dusting. Without a proper two bucket wash with the amount of filth on your vehicle (and claying if necessary prior to applying sealant), you are most definitely going to have smaller dirt on the car that can be grinded into the finish.

I like to keep my towels pretty well equipped with wet solution, the more water on the surface the better in my opinion.  I don't care if some drips down and off the car.

I was skeptical too but I used it last week and if used properly (and on a car that has had large grit power rinsed off) with proper technique you wont be damaging the finish.

Where ther any micro scratches etc. left behind on the paint? One and only Adams product that i'm "iffy" about . Dirt and grim with no water gives me the hebe geebies !!! :o

I didn't see any. The car was pre soaked with rinse less solution and towels are soaked in it.

I didn't see any. The car was pre soaked with rinse less solution and towels are soaked in it.

x2 for me as well.  Not a single micro scratch or swirl.  IMO its safer to use with the rinseless solution since you are actually using some water to keep the surface and wash media slick, as opposed to spraying a product (Waterless, Detail, spray, etc) on a dry vehicle and wiping with a dry towel.

Rinseless is the real deal!

For those that are worried about scratches and swirls, the flat out honest truth is yes a rinseless wash process may add a few swirls even if the technique is sound and proper materials are used. But it won't do any more damage than a conventional two bucket wash given both are done correctly. Everytime you touch your car your adding some type of imperfection whether it be washing, drying, or buffing off wax. All we can do is use the best possible technique and quality products to limit the damage and be prepared for an annual light polish to fix any defects you have accumulated over the past year. I see this on my garage queen each season when I do a full detail. One year I did nothing but super careful two bucket washes, and I still had a few swirls to remove at the end of the year. The next year rinseless became popular and I did mostly rinseless washes, and I had the same few swirls at the end of the year.

Pick the proper wash method based on how dirty your car is and focus on using good technique for every wash, and that's the best you can do. If it was possible to keep a paint job clear of any defects, the detailing business would go broke...

Edited by camaro2ssblack

quick question on this stuff :

for application i used double soft and it worked great. but for drying i wasnt as impressed. would the blue waffle weave be ok for the drying portion of this process? or even a gw towel?

Edited by windycitylp

some of you have said this product isnt for what the poster used it on. its billed as a good product for winter weather car folks. yes you should spray it down first but what am i missing? using this process saved me almost an hour. it looked nice but i didnt go over it with a fine tooth come and different lighting conditions to see if i added swirls. i figure i do a correction in the spring anyway, and unless im dragging a nasty piece of grit back and forth i should be ok. is there something im missing here?

for application i used double soft and it worked great. but for drying i wasnt as impressed. would the blue waffle weave be ok for the drying portion of this process? or even a gw towel?

I personally found that the GWD towel was too stiff and rigid because the RW doesn't leave much water behind. I used a single soft to dry off and it worked great.

I used the blue waffle towels to dry the last time I did a rinseless, and they worked well. I used my GW previously, but the size of the blue towels make them better for drying sections of the car. Plus I have an overabundance of them, so I can use however may I want,

I don't worry about getting the car completely dry and streak-free, though. I go over the car completely with detail spray to finish it off. 

some of you have said this product isnt for what the poster used it on. its billed as a good product for winter weather car folks. yes you should spray it down first but what am i missing? using this process saved me almost an hour. it looked nice but i didnt go over it with a fine tooth come and different lighting conditions to see if i added swirls. i figure i do a correction in the spring anyway, and unless im dragging a nasty piece of grit back and forth i should be ok. is there something im missing here?

It's up to the user do figures out if it's safe to use rinseless wash on their car condition. Being that my car has two layers of QuickSealant after presure washing it most of the dirt just came off. After I presoaked the whole car with rinseless wash wiped it down with a soaked MF towel.

x2 on the above, I do the same as CM.

Go over it with my drying towels to get it dry, then give a spritz and wipedown of detail spray for any streaks and to boost my sealant/wax a bit.  Now that I mention it, I can't wait for my V1 gallon of detail spray so I can get some V2 and really be streak free!