Customer Service 866.965.0400

Economy MF Towels

taur72

Question

I was at SAMS tonight and they had a special on MF towels 30 for $13 (16" x 16") 80% polyester, 20% Polyamide.

Are they work getting??

I'm on a tight budget but I want to make sure my new 2014 Toyota Tundra is well maintained and I rather spend the money on good car care (shampoo, dressing, sealant, wax, etc)

Looking forward to your opinions.

21 answers to this question

I'm with the rest of these guys no go on the paint. If you did a search on google though you will be probably be surprised at the amount of people that do use these on their paint and some that are detailers.

Just trying to be budget conscience, but not at expense of my paint.... 

There's a reason why adams towels cost what they do and why Walmart towels cost what they do. Quality. Period. You get what you pay for. Those cheap towels feel like sandpaper.

This. Adam's mf towels where the first mf towel that didn't catch on my rough hands. Plus the CD test is a easy way to see the difference

Always a good rule of thumb if you want to try a towel on your paint:

Take it to the back of the CD you aren't listening to anymore.  Wipe it along and see if any marks were left on the CD.  When you see those marks, you KNOW that will happen to your paint.

I use those towels to aid in drying out engine bays, in places where I don't even want my "good" utility towels touching, and for cleaning around the house!

Never sacrifice towel quality in hopes to saving a couple bucks.  I have been around here long enough to see some really great towel deals pop up that are more than fair to your wallet.

Take it to the back of the CD you aren't listening to anymore.  Wipe it along and see if any marks were left on the CD.  When you see those marks, you KNOW that will happen to your paint.

I use those towels to aid in drying out engine bays, in places where I don't even want my "good" utility towels touching, and for cleaning around the house!

I was going to comment about the CD test guess I dont need to!

As everyone said, just do not use it on your paint.

Before I got into detailing seriously, I had used cheap MF for washing/drying. It was a night and day difference when I started using Adams. I will NEVER touch my paint with cheap MF again. I save them for dirty jobs, like others suggested. Just nothing involving paint.

Never sacrifice towel quality in hopes to saving a couple bucks.  I have been around here long enough to see some really great towel deals pop up that are more than fair to your wallet.

I can't remember the last time I used a CD.  They are pretty much all no longer in use in my house. I guess I have a lot of test subjects lol. Matter of fact, I never used the CD player in my Camaro, Veloster, or Focus ST.