Customer Service 866.965.0400

What is your average time to actually wash the body of a mid-size car?

cammyfive

Question

I awaiting the refill resin for my CR Spotless water filtration system so my maintenance wash this weekend will have to be without which I'm not fond of. I'm aware of the chemistry/idea behind a ph balanced wash shampoo and washing the entire body of the car (not including the wheels) before rinsing any of it off but it just goes SOOOO contrary to the way that is entrenched in my head. If I am to wash all of the body panels before rinsing any of the soap off, how long does it take most of you guys/gals to wash a mid-size car assuming it's not caked in mud.

Edited by cammyfive

16 answers to this question

Without the wheels and tires included, about 30-60 minutes to just wash it with the 3 bucket method and rinse it off. Depends on the level of filth on the paint on how many times I go to the buckets, which increases the time.

Sounds about what I do....wheels and tires take 30 minutes (my least favorite part) and then the body of the car takes about 30-60 minutes depending on the wash media I'm using. It's just so strange leaving the soap on the car the entire time!

I've never washed a car.... Is that weird?

Only Trucks, SUV's and Fire Trucks.

Mid Sized truck takes me about 20-30 min for wheels, tires and wheel wells. About another 15-20 to wash and about 30-45 to completely dry.

Edited by Kingsford

15-20 minutes paint only.  

With the humidity we have here I do this to the entire car when it is washed.

"In the event you still have some soap residue that won't come cleanly from the surface try taking a small amount of soapy water, either from your soap bucket via a clean wash pad, or a foam gun if you're working with one. Essentially you will "re-wash" that panel to remove the soap. "

15-20 minutes paint only.  

With the humidity we have here I do this to the entire car when it is washed.

"In the event you still have some soap residue that won't come cleanly from the surface try taking a small amount of soapy water, either from your soap bucket via a clean wash pad, or a foam gun if you're working with one. Essentially you will "re-wash" that panel to remove the soap. "

Yep, I like to re-foam after washing but before rinsing, sometimes even after switching to a different wash pad, if it's really hot outside or if I'm in the sun, just to keep the suds from drying prematurely.

This was my time after I did the wheels and tires. This included foaming with a foam gun, washing all the body panels, rinsing, pool rinse and then misting detail spray but not drying yet.

post-6588-0-49035900-1399578993_thumb.jpg

Edited by cammyfive

For me a "regular" wash is hitting the wheels with GWC and giving each a quick brushing with a wheel brush (and not worrying too much about what's deep in the barrels), rinsing the car down, washing every panel, rinsing off all the soap at once, then drying the car with a light mist of DS and a waffle weave towel. Figure about 30 minutes for the whole event. 

Mid Sized truck takes me about 20-30 min for wheels, tires and wheel wells. About another 15-20 to wash and about 30-45 to completely dry.

I'm about the same time for my fullsize truck. I think I need to be a bit more patient with a 2 bucket wash.