Customer Service 866.965.0400

Master Blaster

ray14sher

Question

Could not do without it !! Used a backpack blower forever. Great on stright panels not so good in thight ares, trying to get the roof, or the tonneau cover on my truck,etc. Nothing beats the power, the heat , the filter, and the flexible hose to get anywhere you need to. It will dry an entire tire and rim in under a minute. One of the best things I have ever bought. 

Could not do without it !! Used a backpack blower forever. Great on stright panels not so good in thight ares, trying to get the roof, or the tonneau cover on my truck,etc. Nothing beats the power, the heat , the filter, and the flexible hose to get anywhere you need to. It will dry an entire tire and rim in under a minute. One of the best things I have ever bought. 

I am sold.

I also have a stihl backpack blower. I used it a few weeks ago and to me it didn't seem to work very well especially in the tight area's. so I am also looking at getting a master blaster. and then also the added stuff you maybe blowing into your paint...

I dont see how you can even compare a backpack blower to a MB. Sure, a backpack blower blows...but there are so many advantages to the MB. I use it to dry the dog after a bath. I use it to dry the boat after I wash it. I use it to blow out the drain line on my a/c in the house. I use it to dry the engine, rims, tires after a wash and before dressing. You can get in all the nooks and crannys with it, bend the hose around, and unless you're 7ft tall or standing on a ladder I don't know how you would dry the roof of a truck with a backpack blower. It's one of those things you will either spend the rest of your detailing life wondering if it's worth it, or you will buy it and wonder how you've gone so long without it. Buy it on a sale and you will not be sorry. Have you seen any negative comments yet, except the price? We all know you get what you pay for. I love my MB and I used to use other drying options that weren't really that great for the paint (water blade, leaf blower, driving around the block and probably picking up debris that I would then rub into the paint as I hand dried). Buy it, you won't be sorry.

Edited by tony97gt

I get what you are saying. I dont think anyone was saying they suggest their blower over a MB. But it is not a $20 item. $340 is a nice little chuck of change, and it can not replace my blower as it can also not preform the tasks my blower can. I was just wondering if anyone had any issues with using a gas blower. I know it will not dry it like a MB will, but I already have my blower.

I use my Redmax 7500 backpack blower (4 hp) I use it to blow excess water off occasionally but usually just sheet the water off the car and dry as normal.  The Redmax comes in handy on the engine bay though, and I blow myself off all the time when done cutting the grass I haven't gotten spattered with oil yet.

The Master Blaster is a great machine I'm sure I just don't have enough uses to justify it.  Maybe if it was the 4 hp Vac N Blow and could double as an interior vaccuuming machine?

Edited by Ricky Bobby

Has anyone had success with the nicer shopvacs? I like both of the below, about 1/3 of the price, and can do so many things with it.

http://www.sears.com/shop-vac-174-9301111-14-gallon-5.5-peak-hp/p-SPM7453827728?prdNo=16&blockNo=16&blockType=G16

http://www.sears.com/craftsman-16-gallon-6.5-peak-hp-detachable-blower/p-00912008000P

I've been on the fence about the MB for a year now, mainly because of the price  :unsure: .  I've come close to pulling the trigger a couple of times with the 15% off/free shipping sales (plus I have a $10 coupon for taking an adam's survey like a year ago - hopefully hasn't expired).  I have 20 amp outlets in the garage, so I would be ready to go whenever I pull the trigger on this bad boy.

I have had the sidekick for a couple of years and I love it, particularly the portability.  However, the added power and time saved drying with the MB has me very, very tempted. I know the typical response would be "just do it, it is awesome"... but it is a lot of money to spend on a dryer.

---

On a separate note:

As far as the vac-and-blows are concerned, I find that it is a jack-of-all trades in that it is competent in both functions but it doesn't do either particularly well.  For vacuuming, my wife got me a "garage-kit" with hoses/attachments that go right into our house central vac system in the garage.  The power from this unit is ridiculous compared to any other vacuum system I've ever owned.  :o

i dont think the blow setting of a shop vac should ever be used on a car. if the filter is not perfectly clean a bunch of dust will go on it.

I used a shop vac once as soon as I turned it on, the blower (I was vacuuming) blew so much dust 10 feet away, the car got filthy and I had to wash it again. Never again.

If you want a shop vac, for vacuuming, the Ridgid is really good. http://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-14-gal-6-0-Peak-High-Performance-Wet-Dry-Vacuum-with-Free-Auto-Detail-Kit-WD1451/203820088