Customer Service 866.965.0400

So you don't use Total Interior Detailer you say?

Ricky Bobby

Question

Unfortunately I don't either, I know most people love it and I'm sure it's a great product for what it does.

However, I love me some Detail Spray and I love me some Rinseless. In the past DS has been a great interior wipe product, basically was TID before that came out. My wife loves the scent of DS. So here goes:

Take your bottle of DS, add about half to 3/4 ounce of Rinseless to it (will turn it purple), shake it up.

Use on all interior surfaces with no ill effects, and the Rinseless gives a nice "polymer cleaning boost" so you can clean your surfaces as well as add some protection.

Enjoy that fine scent that you enjoyed so much on your exterior, on your interior as well. The DS + Rinseless scent is quite satisfying and I can almost guarantee you will like the look it gives to your interior!

Happy detailing,

18 answers to this question

I'm just more of a fan of the berry/citrus smell on the interior as opposed to the fresh powder smell of TID personally, and there's the slight effect TID can streak on smoother plastics (which my wifes Toyota has a ton of)

Now, I will say that if you like your interior looking "dressed" or more satin, stick with TID or Leather Conditioner.  This is more to give a richer, cleaner, natural look on the interior, like the car is brand new.  And the smell kicks some serious tail!  I will be experimenting with more Rinseless dilutions on the interior, as I believe in higher concentration, the Rinseless can add a slight "dressed" effect to the plastic, as I've found on other surfaces on the exterior.

For now though, kick up the cleaning action on the interior by adding Rinseless to the DS, and I'll update as I try new things with the Rinseless.

I have our dog in my wifes car usually once a week or so, so I go through a ton of interior wipe down product, I used to use 1Z Cockpit a lot but I actually prefer this for light cleaning once the Rinseless was added to the DS.  I call it "Turbo Purple Detail Spray" lol!

Edited by Ricky Bobby

I actually use total interior detailer on the interior the least. IMO it is an amazing engine bay dressing, really low gloss and a very nice oem look while easy to apply. Works nice on tires too for a no shine look. Spray it on, let it sit, and wipe it down with a microfiber

Edited by ermagerd_ian

Just curious have you tested that on paint as well? If so how does it compare to just standard detail spray?

Kicks up the cleaning action a notch, and adds more gloss and slickness than just Detail Spray alone. It's a kicked up drying aid because it's slick and dries easily as well, give it a whirl!

Take your bottle of DS, add about half to 3/4 ounce of Rinseless to it (will turn it purple), shake it up.

Use on all interior surfaces with no ill effects, and the Rinseless gives a nice "polymer cleaning boost" so you can clean your surfaces as well as add some protection.

Jason, just wondering if you're still using this mixture for your interiors.  I'm just about out of TID and need to reorder but am looking for different options.  Also, is this mixture safe for leather interiors?  Thanks.

Jason, just wondering if you're still using this mixture for your interiors.  I'm just about out of TID and need to reorder but am looking for different options.  Also, is this mixture safe for leather interiors?  Thanks.

I'm personally not using the mixture anymore, I am using a multi-use rinseless product which doesnt have wax in it and when its diluted it makes a great detail spray and interior detailer.  However, Detail Spray works great for cleaning interiors as a standalone product, the added Rinseless just makes it slicker on exteriors.

Detail Spray is for sure safe on leather interiors.  As is rinseless for that matter.

@Kyle, thats a good idea (add a bit of SVRT to the TID) kinda like clean and dress in one, I like it.

The anti-static properties of TID  are the biggest reason I use it and recommend it to customers.  The smell doesn't linger and consistent use keeps everything clean and fresh.  It is very under rated and should be in everyone's arsenal for interior maintenance.  Many people don't understand why they need it but after they try it, they love it.

Agreed that Detail Spray is probably just as good or better on hard plastics, but for dash and door cards, buttons, knobs, etc, TID is hard to beat.

- Darryl

Edited by Odds and Ends

TID works great for me on most surfaces but sometimes even after making sure i am apply to a "cleaned" surface ill get streaks or blotches, not all the time but sometimes it requires another coat or a bit more of working the product in

Jason can you pm me the the multi-use rinsless product without wax you referenced aboved...

Thanks, all, for the feedback.  I currently use TID and LIC and like them both but don't think I need to keep both in stock for just my two cars.  Wife's car has leather interior so I feel like I have to keep using LIC.  Was just exploring options.  Great ideas about mixing different cleaners together.  I would have never thought of doing that on my own.