Customer Service 866.965.0400

Rubber Floor Mats

Rick72

Question

Anyone here ever use a specific  product to protect an bring them back to new? I clean my drivers side floor mat on a weekly basis little APC and warm water with the Cockpit Brush, which is a fantastic tool by the way. I would like to take them to the next level with out making a slippery mess.

Thoughts ?

13 answers to this question

Well, it will make them pretty slick for a while, but I treat some floor mats with a diluted VRT mix of water and VRT.  I haven't tried it on my new WeatherTech mats for the GS, but I will let you know when I do.

I also treat pedals on my cars this way, but I always knock down the product with an Edgeless Utility Towel to make them less slick. You can do this with the floor mats too.  Disclaimer: I don't do this to any customer vehicles though, because I don't want them to have any accidents because of me!

Actually, now that you mention it I used TID on a set of WeatherTech mats on a customer's BMW 3 series coupe and they turned out great - not much shine as TID isn't designed for that, but it did get them looking brand new again.  I'll see if I took a picture or two.

Edit: It was his wife's Acura that had the WeatherTech mats.  His MSport coupe had normal rubber floor mats, but I used TID on those as well.  I don't have a good shot of the Acura, but here's one of the cleaned driver floor mat in the beautiful 3 Series.

IMG_6890_zps24c1e8ac.jpg

Edited by psu goat

Actually, now that you mention it I used TID on a set of WeatherTech mats on a customer's BMW 3 series coupe and they turned out great - not much shine as TID isn't designed for that, but it did get them looking brand new again.  I'll see if I took a picture or two.

Edit: It was his wife's Acura that had the WeatherTech mats.  His MSport coupe had normal rubber floor mats, but I used TID on those as well.  I don't have a good shot of the Acura, but here's one of the cleaned driver floor mat in the beautiful 3 Series.

IMG_6890_zps24c1e8ac.jpg

:rockon:

I had a guy tell me he uses In & Out Spray on his rubber mats.  He said they look good for months and are not slippery.  I plan on giving it a try once I find time on a day that I can get outside to pressure wash them without freezing (low this morning was 14F).

When it's cold I wash them inside bathtub or utility sink !

I would say Total Interior Detailer would be a good "refresh" product for rubber floor mats.

Back in the day I used to use 303 when I had a bottle on the shelf, but hated the smell of it after a couple years.  I use 1Z Cockpit now on them, but in line with the Adam's regimen TID should do the trick nicely.

Edited by Ricky Bobby

This is what I do for floor mats like the WeatherTech's:

1. I wash the mat with car shampoo and a brush. If they are really bad I may use a little APC.

2. I then spray some Leather and Interior Cleaner on and wipe down with a  utility towel. I use a smaller brush to get into the grooves of the mat. I let the mat dry.

3. I then apply a small amount of the Leather Conditioner to the mat. I wipe the excess off with a towel and let dry.

Looks as good as knew.

I would say Total Interior Detailer would be a good "refresh" product for rubber floor mats.

Back in the day I used to use 303 when I had a bottle on the shelf, but hated the smell of it after a couple years.  I use 1Z Cockpit now on them, but in line with the Adam's regimen TID should do the trick nicely.

My experience has been that TID leaves a slippery residue too on rubber mats too. I gave up on dressing mats and just clean them really well now.

In & Out Spray here. If I get it heavy in spots I'll knock it down with an Edgeless Utility towel or old Terry Cloth towel.

As stated above they come out looking better than new and and keep the freshly treated appearance for quite a while. Also, they aren't quite as slippery as when using diluted SVRT.