Customer Service 866.965.0400

Storage lockers / cabinets / etc. for garage

dave5514

Question

Hey all,

General question, I have in the garage, a wood shelf that has my Adam's products on and think it is time to upgrade.  (Towels and such are NOT part of this, they have their own place in the house and ONLY they go there with the waxes and such.

I am looking for a good cabinet / locker to keep everything in, organized and such.

When it gets cold enough here (Memphis), I bring the gallons and bottles inside so they don't freeze if it is supposed to get to that point.  Wife is not fond of that, so bouncing around options to see what y'all have and like / dislike as far as storage ideas.

Thanks in advance!

20 answers to this question

Got mine at Lowes and works great.  But I still bring them inside.  I suggest you get a couple of storage totes to hide your stuff in while in the house.  Or to make your wife happy, let her pick out some kind of storage trunk or toy chest or hamper type deal that will look okay in the house, but will hold your Adam's.

You know the saying.............Happy wife, happy life.  Man, is that the truth! ;)

Don't get lockers. You are limited to the size of each locker. Your best bet is a cabinet. If you want to divide stuff up like you would in a locker just get some plastic tubs.

I have lockers in our garage and it's a paint to put stuff in them because you have to find something that fits just perfect.

A few other things to look for... Don't get plastic. They will just get destroyed by the weight of gallons and other products.

On the note of bending, make sure the shelves in the cabinet are supported in the middle otherwise they will bow in the middle.

I agree with Kingsford, if you just want to divide your stuff up just use plastic tubs and label them. That's how I have most of my stuff, I do use a cart with wheels on it to store my gallons, polisher, polishes and a other detailing related items. I use the cart when I'm detailing my vehicles. Wash pads (when dry) are stored in wash buckets. Shampoo bottle, wheel brushes, 32 oz. APC bottle, 32 oz. DS bottle, 36 oz. Green Wheel Cleaner, all hang on the side of a thick plastic square container.

Edited by SJC96GT

I have a plastic storage cabinet for most of the products (16 oz bottles, bin with pads, polishers, clay, wheel bucket, interior stuff,etc.).  I only keep gallons on the bottom shelf, in a milk crate.  Towels live in bins in a different area, and polishes & LSP live in the house.

I have gladiators and they are great, but a few years ago I bought two old high school lockers and painted them flat black and it holds most of my everyday adams products very well.  Plus it looks awesome!  Agree on plastic ones, they start to flex and loose shape after time, sagging.  

also highly recommend gladiator premier series, very high quality cabinets.  Wife and i recently built a house and first priority was to organize the 3.5 car garage with gladiator cabinets and other accessories.  Turned out great and the tall gear lockers hold a ton.  Used to keep my towels in plastic bins, but got to be a nuisance when i needed towels, so i recently organized them into one of my gladiator cabinets and love it.  Just had to explain to the wife when she goes for towels for kitchen cleaning to "never" grab any towel other than the green or yellow sams club cheapo micro fibers.  She seemed to understand lol.  Gladiator stuff ain't cheap, but sears has sales all the time around 40-60% off

Another vote for gladiator cabinets (made by the whirlpool corporation oddly enough)

I have my garage completely outfitted on 3 walls with their track system and tons of cabinets. Whats awesome is once the track is up you can rearrange the cabinets as often as you like. I've reconfigured it a few times.

When we moved from CA to CO I took all the cabinets and shelving with me and left the tracking on the walls, so in our new place all I had to do was buy new tracks and put those up to get back in business. Really is a nice system.

Plus - being metal, spills and things don't damage the cabinet. I had a bottle of APC ruin a wooden cabinet back in the day, which prompted the move to metal.

I have this one right now from Lowe's. I really like it. Holds most of my stuff and I put my towels on top of it. It stays inside my house though. I want to buy one of the tall ones to put outside under the carport.

035441095230.jpg

Another vote for gladiator cabinets (made by the whirlpool corporation oddly enough)

I have my garage completely outfitted on 3 walls with their track system and tons of cabinets. Whats awesome is once the track is up you can rearrange the cabinets as often as you like. I've reconfigured it a few times.

When we moved from CA to CO I took all the cabinets and shelving with me and left the tracking on the walls, so in our new place all I had to do was buy new tracks and put those up to get back in business. Really is a nice system.

Plus - being metal, spills and things don't damage the cabinet. I had a bottle of APC ruin a wooden cabinet back in the day, which prompted the move to metal.

All of the gladiator stuff seems really well built, now if only they had an option for something other than ugly diamond plate.

I picked up this Keter cabinet at Home Depot a few months back.  It's a resin plastic with reinforced metal shelves that can hold 100 pounds each.  It's not exactly the same quality as say a Kobalt or Gladiator cabinet, but at $170 it's half the price and still looks nice and does what I need it to do.

20150118_171148_zps466871ff.jpg

20141114_225310_zpse043aa9a.jpg