Customer Service 866.965.0400

Cleaning glass

LaserBlueSilverado

Question

It does not seem to matter what I do, but I cannot acheieve streak free glass, and clean glass.

I am using the Adams glass cleaner, along with the green glass towel. Even after I wipe down a window, I can still see streaks in the sun. Also, my the inside of my windows seem to carry a kind of film or layer of haze on them that is very difficult to remove. Again, I try to clean the inside, and it streaks.

Any ideas?

Thanks all!

10 answers to this question

As for the outside have you ever clayed your glass? If not I would clay first then follow up with Glass cleaner & a fresh Glass MF towel. As far as the inside on newer cars the interior vinyl gives off gasses that cause your glass to fog up pretty fast, so they don't stay clean long.

If you have a ton of buildup id use cheapo MF towels of the inside and some distilled/IPA mix to cut the grime.

Adams glass cleaner is best I've used but it does have some limits. Make sure you are using 2 towels to do the inside of glass, spray the towel and not the glass and do final buff with a dry side of the towel.

2 towels (and rotating them out for fresh ones a few times during the job) is the key.

Starting with exterior glass thats been washed and/or clayed

1. Spray a very light mist onto the surface. Hold the bottle far from the surface and use a sweeping motion with each pull to get coverage over the surface. Too much glass cleaner makes for difficult glass cleaning
  2. With one glass towel wipe the glass down removing the bulk of the moisture from the glass cleaner
  3. With a 2nd clean, dry glass towel go back and buff away any streaks or residues

On the interior

1. Spray a light mist of glass cleaner directly onto a clean microfiber towel, wipe the glass
  2. Remove any streaks or residual haze with a clean/dry microfiber towel

What Dylan said, plus I like to wipe the exterior glass vertically and the interior horizontally or vice versa

This allows you to see which side of the glass still has a streak in it so you aren't chasing your tail trying to figure out which side has streaks still.

I like to use the blue waffle weave towels (WW Towels) for my first pass and the green glass towels for the final buff off.

I use Adams glass cleaner and sealant, but I get much easier streak-free results using newspaper to apply the cleaner and buff it to shine, inside and out. Much easier for me than the Adams glass microfiber. The newspaper is finely abrasive and super absorbent. I realize that folks recommend this from time to time with little response, but I thought if you wanted to try an old method combined with a new product, what do you have to lose? It takes me two layers of crumpled up newsprint, rotated to apply/scrub on one side and then use the dry side to buff, and I replace the newspaper about six times to do my small car.

I use Adams glass cleaner and sealant, but I get much easier streak-free results using newspaper to apply the cleaner and buff it to shine, inside and out. Much easier for me than the Adams glass microfiber. The newspaper is finely abrasive and super absorbent. I realize that folks recommend this from time to time with little response, but I thought if you wanted to try an old method combined with a new product, what do you have to lose? It takes me two layers of crumpled up newsprint, rotated to apply/scrub on one side and then use the dry side to buff, and I replace the newspaper about six times to do my small car.

Interesting, thanks