Customer Service 866.965.0400

Who uses Adam's microfiber applicator pads?

I've bought about 4 different brands of these, and they all sucked. Always withing 3 or 4 uses either the stitching would come out and they would fall apart. Or the core would break up and the whole thing would become, I dunno mushy feeling.   I had one brand I thought were better, but I washed them on delicate and they came out of the washer in bad shape.  These about the same price as I paid for the others, so I'm wondering if it's more of the same. $3 a piece for something that lasts me 5 or less washes is no good.

Instead of washing them in the washer, just wash them by hand. Spray them with APC and wash by hand. I've had 2 for about 4 years. 1 has had the stitching come loose on one side, no big deal, it's still effective at applying Glass Sealant, the only thing I use these applicators for.

I've only just started using them, mostly just for glass sealant, but I also tried them with quick sealant and brilliant glaze. Since it's always applying product to clean paint or glass, I really don't plan on even washing them at least not too often. So they should hold up for awhile. I use a different one for each product and store them in a plastic bag.

^careful storing towels, sponges, applicators, etc in a plastic bag. If you're storing them in a bag to prevent contamination at least store all the bags with the zipper open. A closed environment will lead to mold and mildew. Just because it's dedicated to one product doesn't mean that one product isn't the only thing the sponge is absorbing. Plant spores, airborne particles, moisture, skin oils.

I use them. Really no issues with them so far. But I hand wash mine as well. I use the microfiber revitilizer to clean mine. Like the others have stated, I use it for Glass Sealant as well. I have also use mine with BW and HGG. I think they serve a good purpose for those three things. I like the hex grip and machine application for for BG and LPS.

^careful storing towels, sponges, applicators, etc in a plastic bag. If you're storing them in a bag to prevent contamination at least store all the bags with the zipper open. A closed environment will lead to mold and mildew. Just because it's dedicated to one product doesn't mean that one product isn't the only thing the sponge is absorbing. Plant spores, airborne particles, moisture, skin oils.

Good point. I'll start doing that. Thanks.

I'll echo the sentiment that mine tend to last a long time.

Definitely make sure they're not stored in sealed bags. Just like with anything foam, a sealed bag and a trace amount of moisture will cause the foam to crumble and be eaten up by mildew.

If yours are not lasting more than a few uses from us be sure to contact customer service for replacements under warranty - they should last you much longer than that (866)965-0400

• 2 weeks later...

Ive had mine for maybe a year and a half, and I just replaced them because the microfiber just isn't quite as soft as it used to be after applying who knows how many coats of liquid paint sealant. Very happy with them, especially considering that they don't cost much.