Customer Service 866.965.0400

How hot is too hot to wash

pirahnah3

Question

Ok, so I have a mini vacation and was hoping to get a rinseless wash in and another layer of buttery on my truck. I was all psyched for it, and then I saw the weather. 90s every day with sun to partly cloudy, great lets just cook the paint on the truck why dont we. 

So with that said, what would you guys do to wash the truck in these temps with no garage shade available and the tree shade moves quickly and can be problematic to chase 

I have to wash outside as well. What I like to do is start right before the sun comes up in the morning. I usually finish when it is light but the sun is not directly shinning on the car. The other option is to wash it late in the evening but it sounds like you do not have a garage so early morning maybe your best bet.

thanks for the tips so far, sounds like evening is going to be the best for me if i want to relax for vacation. 

Keep the ideas coming it prob wont be for another day until i can get her done up. Trying out rinsleess for the first time, just did a FULL job on her about 2 weeks ago and there isnt much dirt so im willing to give it a shot. 

Some suggestions:

1. You can invest in one of those pop up canopies that fold up into nothing. I've bought several for less than $60 at Wal Mart or Dicks. Park your car under it till you're done.

2. Work on your car early in the morning when it's cool.

3. Pull into one of those do it yourself car washes and work on it in the shade. Around here, there's no attendant or anyone to chase you away.

4. Borrow time in a friend's garage.

5. In the evening after work, and bribe some buddies to help you . Offer them some beer and pizza.

6. MOVE to a place with a garage! :D

Some suggestions:

1. You can invest in one of those pop up canopies that fold up into nothing. I've bought several for less than $60 at Wal Mart or Dicks. Park your car under it till you're done.

2. Work on your car early in the morning when it's cool.

3. Pull into one of those do it yourself car washes and work on it in the shade. Around here, there's no attendant or anyone to chase you away.

4. Borrow time in a friend's garage.

5. In the evening after work, and bribe some buddies to help you . Offer them some beer and pizza.

6. MOVE to a place with a garage! :D

Well 1, and 4 are shot with the size of my F250 lol doesnt fit in their garages with enough room to work, or under the canopy I have (Its a pain to keep moving it back and forth) 

2, Valid, and probably what i will have to do.

3, Gotta check, there is one nearby and im not sure if it maned or not good option if it isnt! 

5, they dont understand or appreciate the shine. 

6, I ahve my barn unfortunately it need some help due to previous idiots that lived here. 

Well 1, and 4 are shot with the size of my F250 lol doesnt fit in their garages with enough room to work, or under the canopy I have (Its a pain to keep moving it back and forth) 

2, Valid, and probably what i will have to do.

3, Gotta check, there is one nearby and im not sure if it maned or not good option if it isnt! 

5, they dont understand or appreciate the shine. 

6, I ahve my barn unfortunately it need some help due to previous idiots that lived here. 

Number 5...........................GET NEW FRIENDS!   :lolsmack:

Start as early as you can to the point to where it isn't quite dark, but definitely not light.  If that makes sense.  I started washing on Saturday at 6am.  I also find the wind to be as much as a pain as the sun too.

Morning dew can be a pain too. 

Number 5...........................GET NEW FRIENDS!   :lolsmack:

Nah I do have some friends that love Adams products and understand this whole insanity however they do not live close to me. My local friends are just as crazy as me thou so its all good. 

How hot is too hot? When the water turns to steam as soon as it hits the car.

Ha, that sounds funny but being an owner of a black pickup truck that is to big to fit into my garage, I've actually seen water steam up off of my paint :o

Around this time of the year, I usually have to wait until around 530-6 in the late afternoon to do any washing because my house and large trees across the road starts shading the sun, so that gives me a good 2 to 3 hours of time.

But its a real battle for me in regards to wanting to do any claying/polishing and waxing. I'd love to purchase a polisher, but again, I don't have a big enough garage to do any of that type of work in :(

Edited by JohnnyDev

Rinseless wash is your friend here.  Wash and dry panel a at a time and you should be fine.  When required (not the optimal thing, but...) I can wash a black truck in the middle of a parking lot/driveway with no water spots.  As with any detailing in hot temps, work smaller than usual areas, not allowing the Rinseless solution to dry, and use plenty of DS before drying.  

An example of your work areas:

1. half the roof (includes rear window)
  2. other half of the roof
  3. drivers front door (includes windows)
  4. drivers rear door (includes windows)
  5. driver rear quarter
  6. pass. front door (includes windows)
  7. pass. rear door (includes windows)
  8. pass. rear quarter
  9. trunk/tailgate
  10. front window
  11. half hood
  12. front quarter
  13. other half hood
  14. other front quarter
  15. front bumper

Ha, that sounds funny but being an owner of a black pickup truck that is to big to fit into my garage, I've actually seen water steam up off of my paint :o

Around this time of the year, I usually have to wait until around 530-6 in the late afternoon to do any washing because my house and large trees across the road starts shading the sun, so that gives me a good 2 to 3 hours of time.

But its a real battle for me in regards to wanting to do any claying/polishing and waxing. I'd love to purchase a polisher, but again, I don't have a big enough garage to do any of that type of work in :(

I hear ya on the shade and size. I have the porter cable and while as someone stated before ACDC put it best, cause she shook me all night (well day) long, and it was certainly not in a good way. 

That said I have watched Adams detail a car and do a full wax job under the hot carlisle sun and it worked great. They certainly broke a solid sweat while they were doing it thou. 

Im usually on my way to work by 430am, I like to sleep until 7 on vacations if I can.

Yuck! If the sun isn't up, I'm not up! Lol

Though... I WISH, I could get by without ANY sleep. Can't be productive while sleeping. But, need to be well-rested to be effective!

Yuck! If the sun isn't up, I'm not up! Lol

Though... I WISH, I could get by without ANY sleep. Can't be productive while sleeping. But, need to be well-rested to be effective!

I get my 3-4 1/2 hours a night, dont need any more than that to survive. 

Well I got around to it yesterday while i had 20min and it wasnt TOO humid. It was in the low 80s thou humidity was well up there.

I think this might be one of my top 3 adams products, that stuff was awesome! The truck is clean it didnt take long, didnt use much for towels as they came clean nicely in the rinse bucket. Saved a TON of water over a two bucket and all that work. 

The only downfall i have is that now my windows show some streaks on them that i beleive are from the wax in the product that i will need to take care of. Certainly worth the little bit of window cleaning which needed to be done anyways. 

Awesome product keep up the great work.