Customer Service 866.965.0400

What is the longest time you have gone between washes?

chops1sc

Question

21 answers to this question

For my truck 6-8 weeks probably.  No snow for me, but when it rains almost everyday, it is kind of a waste.  The wife's car rarely goes more than 2 weeks.  In fact going wash hers (and listen to 'The Best of Car Talk) now! 

It is interesting some folks wash less often in the winter. It does seem like a "waste" to wash and then

drive on sloppy roads, but the road salt et al they spread on roads in upstate New York can really damage a vehicle.

Winter time I still wash weekly maybe 2 times a week due to salt and brine used on roads. Very damaging to undersides so I stop at local coin op place to use high pressure hose with car off but still warm underneath it. But top sides so long as water isn't freezing before drying, I'm all for it.

October of 2013 I had shoulder surgery. I couldn't wash a vehicle again until April of 2014; around six months.

I currently have four cars in the stable and try to wash one every weekend, however weather and weekend activities make it impossible to wash every weekend. I just took care of my wife's car this past weekend, last time was 11 weeks ago. Key is, always have a good coat of protection on the paint surface, Liquid Paint Sealant on my daily drivers with an application of H2O Guard & Gloss every other month.

It really depends on what you consider a "wash".  I typically 2 bucket wash my non daily driver once a year in the spring, inspect for any corrections needed and correct.  Then maintain with rinseless wash or waterless washes the rest of the year.

Daily driver maybe 1 - 3 times in the summer I will do a two bucket but maintain in between with rinseless.

In the winter its hit the coin op weekly to get the salt and crud off.

Essentially if you are properly correcting,sealing and maintaining you really don't need to 2 bucket wash very often

Rinsless washes with an application of HGG have really cut down wash time and made maintenance much easier. 

Guest washemup

I'm glad not to be the only OCD car washer!

I've had my 2012 Camaro SS since Nov 2014 and it only once had to wait 8 days! The norm for me is at least once a week, but will do more if needed. 

Weekly, winter I have hot water you should the look on people's faces.

Don't let em catch you ridin dirty!