Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather interior cleaner

jeffh

Question

Ok I'm looking to order some more stuff and leather interior cleaner is on the list next. Can I use the leather cleaner to give a good cleaning and go over it with total interior detail instead of the leather conditioner. Its going to be used on the steering wheel dash and door panels non of which are leather but need a good cleaning and the total interior didn't touch it.

Ok I'm looking to order some more stuff and leather interior cleaner is on the list next. Can I use the leather cleaner to give a good cleaning and go over it with total interior detail instead of the leather conditioner. Its going to be used on the steering wheel dash and door panels non of which are leather but need a good cleaning and the total interior didn't touch it.

That's what I have always used on my older truck that had the plastic dash. Works fine. Then I would use either the Leather Conditioner or SVRT after cleaning then for the next two or three months just use Total Interior to maintain.

Thanks guys I wasn't sure if I needed the leather conditioner too or if the total interior detail spray had enough conditioning to it. I really like the total interior but the I need more cleaning in a few places probably because of the stuff I used to use

I prefer the Leather Conditioner. The cleaner really dries it out.  The Conditioner really makes it soft again.  Especially on my seats. You can try both and see which you prefer, but the Conditioner gets my vote.  Nice big SPF factor too to help prevent sun damage.

Jeff, I have been curious of the same. 

I have cloth seats so really not alot of need for the conditioner as well so I have been debating the same thing.

Jim were in ma are you maybe could just get one bottle of conditioner and share it lol

I use total interior detailed somewhat frequently, but when I need a good deep cleaning, I go with leather and interior cleaner. I always use leather conditioner after leather and interior cleaner, the high SPF makes me feel better.

Edited by Tim

If you're going to use L&I Cleaner you absolutely need to follow up it up with Leather Conditioner.  If you have cloth seats, Carpet & Upholstery would the preferred product for those areas. L&I is more for your leathers, vinyls, etc. 

Once your seats are properly conditioned, following up with Total Interior Detailer is appropriate. 

If you have Leather or Vinyl anywhere, use the Leather Conditoner (it has mild cleaning ability too). If your interior is REALLY dirty, use the Leather Cleaner first and then you'll want to condition it with the Conditioner after to keep it from drying out. I use the Interior Detailer on any plastics in the car like around the air vents or nav or radio or rear view mirror.  Don't use anything made for leather on fabric seats.  Use the Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner for that (diluted).  

I have the same Jeff, That and the arm rest in the center, kinda wherever my grimy arms land after a long day. 

I can keep up with the usual stuff but after 5 months I can tell it isnt as "clean" as it once was. Guess its time for another order soon lol. 

Hey Jeff, to give an idea of the cleaning power of Leather & Interior Cleaner, check out the line down the middle of this center console on this C6 that Adam and I cleaned at Corvettes at Carlisle back in August! The owner had no idea how much dirt buildup there was on the interior until we started cleaning it. Are your trouble areas something like that or worse?

Clean driver side, dirty passenger side on the center console:

20150828_161944_zpsv0m5yn3r.jpg

Dan there just a few spots around the steering wheel and the top of the door panel were you are always touching them it's mostly the steering wheel were we hold it. I have leather cleaner sitting in my adams cart just in the air on the leather conditioner. If the total interior detail spray or svrt (milk) can be used instead of the the leather conditioner after I clean with the leather cleaner than I can change my order because I would like to try the invisible undercarriage.

Dan there just a few spots around the steering wheel and the top of the door panel were you are always touching them it's mostly the steering wheel were we hold it. I have leather cleaner sitting in my adams cart just in the air on the leather conditioner. If the total interior detail spray or svrt (milk) can be used instead of the the leather conditioner after I clean with the leather cleaner than I can change my order because I would like to try the invisible undercarriage.

Jeff, Do you have leather seats? If so I would not use the SVRT (milk) on them. I would think it would make them very slippery. I have not used the leather conditioner on my new truck with leather seats yet (just got last week) but have used it on my old dash and side panels which were plastic and the steering wheel that was leather and it worked and smells great. As far as cloth seats on my old truck, I used carpet and upholstery cleaner full strength and it took a long time to get the black color back so if you do have cloth I would maybe make a diluted mix of the upholstery cleaner.

Jeff, Do you have leather seats? If so I would not use the SVRT (milk) on them. I would think it would make them very slippery. I have not used the leather conditioner on my new truck with leather seats yet (just got last week) but have used it on my old dash and side panels which were plastic and the steering wheel that was leather and it worked and smells great. As far as cloth seats on my old truck, I used carpet and upholstery cleaner full strength and it took a long time to get the black color back so if you do have cloth I would maybe make a diluted mix of the upholstery cleaner.

no leather seats full cloth and carpet. yeah I tried the svrt on the rubber pads on my step bars and the got a little slippery don't ask how I found out lol

Edited by jeffh

no leather seats full cloth and carpet. yeah I tried the svrt on the rubber pads on my step bars and the got a little slippery don't ask how I found out lol

Been there done that......I keep doing it thou because they just look awesome with the SVRT! Just learn to step more carefully lol. 

I agree with Ron, I don't recommend SVRT or a diluted SVRT on leather seats or any interior pieces other than things like door trim molding and rubber door seals. For me personally, SVRT would leave the dashboard and door panels a little bit too shiny, and I prefer minimal glare and reflections back into the windshield and side windows. If I want a completely matte look to my interior panels, I will use TID, but if a customer wants a little bit of shine to the interior then I will apply our Leather Conditioner with a red foam UFO applicator and then knock down the shine a little bit more with a gray Edgeless Utility Towel :)

I like to use TID on Weathertech and Husky liners as well. It gets them nice and clean and not too slippery.

If applying to door seals/weatherstrips, you can either make it sprayable at 1:1, or use it full strength.  However, probably easier to use the sprayable milk, and the full strength stuff on a cheapo MF towel so you can "wipe it in" the rubber seal or weatherstrip, as opposed to trying to contort around places with a foam applicator.

I do it twice yearly on mine and my wifes car and it keeps the seals supple and protects them, especially in winter.

I like to use TID on Weathertech and Husky liners as well. It gets them nice and clean and not too slippery.

I did this on the Weathertechs in my wife's car yesterday for the first time and it looks great. But I used a towel to wipe the excess which was a bit of a pain with all of the grooves. Do you wipe it? Or does it work to just leave it until it dries?

Matt (marquez93) you could spray it on in a fine mist, and wipe off the excess, or if that proves to be difficult, you could also spray some onto a utility microfiber towel, not one to use on your paint, and then apply to the mats.