Customer Service 866.965.0400

Buttery wax help with bumper bugs?

Erictski

Question

I am getting ready to winterize my wife's white Corolla and plan to do a full wash clay and two coats of liquid paint. Also plan to use h20gg every couple weeks or so.

This car shows bugs like crazy, would a coat of buttery over the liquid paint on the bumper help make it easier to remove bugs?

Or will the liquid paint and h2ogg be enough. Her car has never been sealed or waxed before so maybe that is why it is so hard to remove the bugs.

Any input? Thanks to all in the forums I have gotten some great info here from you.

8 answers to this question

I believe the liquid paint sealant and renewal with h20gg will be enough, but if you want to take the extra step and add a coat of wax that will be fine also.  The biggest thing with bug guts is taking care of them in a timely manner.  The longer they sit and harden, the more difficult they will be to remove.  

Edited by MaStA

Jared, Jason, and Rich got things covered, so the only thing that I will add is that once bug blasts do start to show up, I like to spray a heavy concentration of Waterless Wash onto those bug splatters and bird bombs and let it soak in for a couple minutes to help break down that nastiness and make removal a little bit easier.

I do love buttery wax, but with liquid paint sealant and h20gg you should be good as the other have said. I just did my first wash after applying h20gg and I can't believe how something that goes on so simple held up. I did a 3 bucket wash with detail spray as a drying agent and the whole thing feels like silk, just crazy smooth and beads everywhere.

Edited by PacificNWBuckeye