Customer Service 866.965.0400

vacuum cleaners

jeffh

Question

Rigid vacs from home depot are amazing. I use the Ridgid WD4070 for my mobile detailing business with the pro car hose and attachments. I use it multiple times per week and it hasn't failed the 3 years I've had it. Many professional detailers use the same vac, it's like $80 (before any discounts). No use in buying an expensive metro vac in my opinion unless you just have money burning a hole in your pocket or you want a nice "shiny looking" vacuum. 

Edited by lax

The Metro Vac is amazing. Yes it is expensive, but it is a real piece of machinery. When using it, you can tell it is a solid machine. The build quality is great. It's vacuum pressure is is amazing and it's ability to blow air is even more amazing. Defiantly a very useful tool for detailing. If you are willing to make the investment, then that is the one to go with, you won't be disappointed.

https://www.metrovacworld.com/Vac_N_%20Blo_Automotive

It should be available through Adams soon.

-Charlie

The Metro Vac is amazing. Yes it is expensive, but it is a real piece of machinery. When using it, you can tell it is a solid machine. The build quality is great. It's vacuum pressure is is amazing and it's ability to blow air is even more amazing. Defiantly a very useful tool for detailing. If you are willing to make the investment, then that is the one to go with, you won't be disappointed.

https://www.metrovacworld.com/Vac_N_%20Blo_Automotive

It should be available through Adams soon.

-Charlie

I have this machine (from when it was previously available thru Adam's) and it is fantastic!  

Rigid vacs from home depot are amazing. I use the Ridgid WD4070 for my mobile detailing business with the pro car hose and attachments. I use it multiple times per week and it hasn't failed the 3 years I've had it. Many professional detailers use the same vac, it's like $80 (before any discounts). No use in buying an expensive metro vac in my opinion unless you just have money burning a hole in your pocket or you want a nice "shiny looking" vacuum. 

2nd this personally - if you don't have the coin for a Metro, nothing wrong with the Ridgid vacs - they are made in Mexico not China - great tough quality and very lightweight - I have a 5 hp 16 gallon one that I use daily to vaccuum our bunny room (2 house bunnies) and to clean my gutters out 3-4x a year and its solid as a rock, had it over 3 years now - the smaller WD4070 is my choice for a budget conscious vac that will return its investment very fast for interior work and kept in your garage

First look at what your budget can afford and buy the best that you can afford.

What I hear MetroVacs are great. I had one where I worked before to clean computer equipment.

I personally use the central cleaning system that is in my house.  The unit has twin motors and the exhaust goes directly to the outside (which allows me to not have any dust from the machine indoors).   The unit is located in my basement and I do not hear it in my garage when it runs.

I'm on the amateur end of the spectrum, about a year ago I picked up a little 2HP "AA255" wet/dry that comes with various car-oriented attachments. It's branded as "armor all" but I absolutely love it, the effectiveness and compact size are great, and it was under $50 shipped.

Edited by butters

I just use my good ole rigid shop vac, thou if it is alt more dust than debris I will use a finer drywall filter on it to keep the dust down. 

I have used some really nice vacs in the past and wouldnt mind having that Metro one of these days. Let the wife keep her hoover lol. 

While "black and shiny" are the first things I look for when buying anything, I will say that I do prefer the MetroVac over the two Ridgids and the Craftsman shop vac that I also have.

The hose on the MetroVac is smaller diameter (1-1/4") which makes it a little easier to get in and around the interior.  I also have the Craftsman Pro hose (basically the same as the Ridgid) and it is bigger (1-7/8") and not as flexible.

The suction with the MetroVac seems a bit more than the Ridgid.  I could not find much for suction specs on the Ridgids, other than the $350 RV2400HF that lists 80" of water lift, and the MetroVac has 95".

Whether the MetroVac is worth the extra money over a Ridgid comes down to personal preference.  It is not twice as good, for more than twice the price, so if you're on a budget, the Ridgid does the job.

Whether the MetroVac is worth the extra money over a Ridgid comes down to personal preference.  It is not twice as good, for more than twice the price, so if you're on a budget, the Ridgid does the job.

Perfect statement Dan. If you need the vac and dont have a huge budget the rigid will probably be great, if you have the money def a metrovac would be better. 

My Vac N' Blo has a cloth bag

MVC-65.jpg?itok=vpYWXZnZ

Michael, that is the cloth bag, but you need to use a paper filter inside of it.  Not sure that the cloth is fine enough to get all the dust, and it would need cleaning.

Not sure what model you have, but this parts list shows the filter and cloth bag for the HRS-83BA.

https://www.metrovacworld.com/sites/default/files/marketing/HRS-83BA%20PARTS%20LIST.pdf

Michael, that is the cloth bag, but you need to use a paper filter inside of it.  Not sure that the cloth is fine enough to get all the dust, and it would need cleaning.

Not sure what model you have, but this parts list shows the filter and cloth bag for the HRS-83BA.

https://www.metrovacworld.com/sites/default/files/marketing/HRS-83BA%20PARTS%20LIST.pdf

Hmmm, mine was a return, and did not include the paper filter bags.  I have been using it with just the cloth bags for 6 years now.  I  use the Sidekick to blow out the cloth bag after a few cleaning sessions.  

I will check with David when I him in March. 

Hmmm, mine was a return, and did not include the paper filter bags.  I have been using it with just the cloth bags for 6 years now.  I  use the Sidekick to blow out the cloth bag after a few cleaning sessions.  

I will check with David when I him in March. 

I would suggest ordering the correct paper filters for your vac, and then hand wash the cloth bag to get all the dust out.  I buy my paper filters from Amazon.