Customer Service 866.965.0400

Thinking about new polisher, rupes 15?

hemi1300

Question

Have had my porter cable for a few years now, and while it does get the job done, thinking about a new polisher that may correct a bit quicker. Don't polish too often, but both cars wife and I drive are black, along with a black harley. Porter cable works perfectly on the harley with 4" pads, but for the vehicles would the rupes correct the paint much quicker?

14 answers to this question

I would say that you will definitely see a difference in the amount of time to correct your paint with a Rupes. The longer throw of the pad increases correction power and the area covered. The noticeable difference in vibration will be a plus as well.

Link many of us I too Am trying to decide between the R15 and cyclo. Does any one have the decibel level of each machine on its highest setting ?

I live in a condo And tend to do my detailing at night and my 2 car garage is located under another units master bedroom

Edited by Jayco76

Link many of us I too Am trying to decide between the R15 and cyclo. Does any one have the decibel level of each machine on its highest setting ?

I live in a condo And tend to do my detailing at night and my 2 car garage is located under another units master bedroom

These are powerful machines with high rates of speed and orbit. They will be loud. Think of a blender on full bore. Not circular saw territory, but definitely loud enough to disturb someone above you in a garage apartment type of setting. Not sure anyone would have decibel measurements. Maybe google that. Either way I doubt either is quiet enough to not disturb them.

I would think that they would know that something is going on without ANY insulation. The above are correct these are by no means silent machines, just listen to the videos of the product demos or descriptions. 

There must be some under their floor due to the garage being there, and it should be sealed to prevent exhaust fumes from entering the house. You could always do some more bats in the rafters (If you have rafters) or if it is a finished type ceiling they make peel and stick thin insulation that will also help the sound dampening in the room as well. 

Honestly I dont think you will be using the machine as much as you think, I can keep my white F250 basically clean with 2 polishes a year (Spring and Fall) at current. Mind you I also drive over 50k per year so she sees plenty of road grime. 

Just a thought to keep in mind that this might not be a weekly occurrence and that your level of worry might be a bit further than needed (Thou if I was your upstairs neighbor I certainly would appreciate the concern!)