Customer Service 866.965.0400

Waterless vs Rinsless Wash

Dwhite0960

Question

So I am gearing up for my next order and im very intrigued by the waterless and Rinsless wash products due to my house not having a garage and washing in the winter is a issue currently. My question is what are the main differences in these two products they both claim to clean the car without introducing scratches or swirls and without the traditional wash methods. Is one better for a more soiled vehicle vs the other or is just a preference on which one you think work better for you? Watching the videos I have now been suckered into getting some colad pressure bottles so my chubby hands don't ache from squeezing the trigger constantly. Also maybe if Dan sees this he can help me out some i looked at getting some kits to try and save a few bucks over buying by the product and neither kit really has what I want in it, are the kits able to have any products swapped out for a comparable priced product that I would rather have? Thanks for all the great responses I can expect I love having a place I can ask my worries away.

Edited by Dwhite0960

22 answers to this question

I honestly rarely use Waterless Wash anymore - since Rinseless Wash came along.  It's so easy to mix up a spray bottle of "Waterless Wash" using the Rinseless Wash concentrate.

I know it's confusing because the products look so similar but they really aren't the same thing:

Use Rinseless Wash in a bucket w/ towels as you've seen in Adam's vids.

Use Waterless Wash (either the ready-to-use version you buy from Adam's or the mix-it-yourself version you make from Rinseless Wash concentrate) to remove bird-bombs, spots, light dust, etc.

I honestly rarely use Waterless Wash anymore - since Rinseless Wash came along.  It's so easy to mix up a spray bottle of "Waterless Wash" using the Rinseless Wash concentrate.

I know it's confusing because the products look so similar but they really aren't the same thing:

Use Rinseless Wash in a bucket w/ towels as you've seen in Adam's vids.

Use Waterless Wash (either the ready-to-use version you buy from Adam's or the mix-it-yourself version you make from Rinseless Wash concentrate) to remove bird-bombs, spots, light dust, etc.

Thanks for the tip Rodger didn't know you could make the same style product out of the other. I love this forum for this reason right here.

Thanks for the tip Rodger didn't know you could make the same style product out of the other. I love this forum for this reason right here.

No problem. I use 1 oz Rinseless concentrate in 16 oz distilled water for my Waterless mix but you'll get lots of opinions on that...

Roger is spot on - if you are looking to do full cleanings with 1 solution that can handle it all, go with Rinseless wash concentrate and mix your own waterless washing product, and you also will be able to clean the entire vehicle with about 1 gallon of water, 1/2 oz of Rinseless concentrate, and about 8 MF towels.

Think of the RTU (ready to use) Waterless Wash as a product that is good for very light dirt/dust, basically when its about too much contamination for a Detail Spray wipe (Waterless has more cleaners) but not enough for a full wash.  When its enough for a full wash, you'd want to do bucket of towels with Rinseless concentrate.  1:16 is a good ratio for a dilution to pre-soak your panels as well, so its very economical.  You can mix up a gallon of pre-soak dilution (8 oz of Rinseless) plus you can wash your car 16 times with the remaining 8 oz in the 16 oz bottle - 1 bottle goes a LONG way

I did 2 2 bucket washes from April thru November. The remaining time was either rinseless or a waterless wipe down. So for me it basically replaced the 2 bucket method.

Now this is the sound of music to my ears. On a off topic note the new side blaster I think it's called looks pretty sweet, wonder if it's good enough for a entire vehicle dry or just the tough spots. I don't have a deep pocket to get all the toys right now so I'm trying to find more economical options.

I've never thought of trying rinseless dilution in a bottle like waterless. But I can attest to having cleaned some very dirty cars with WW, not muddy and grime. Just very dirty from not being washed for a good while. In those cases I use lots of high quality MF's and have always loved the results.  For reference, my car's a Saturn Sky. Which is a small convertible roadster. Once when it was uber dirty I WW it and ended up using like 10 towels. Each one folded into fours & I used both sides. I do spray the panels with more solution and let it pre-soak for a bit longer when a cars very dirty. I'm not of the thinking that waterless is only for lightly dirty cars. Enough towels and good technique you can really work some magic. I use to do rinseless, but I pretty much exclusively do waterless now.  Also a good sprayers helps a lot, I use a Kwazar pump sprayer, the Adam's one sold on here would be excellent as well.

With all that said, there will be plenty of cars past the safe dirty point for a waterless, which will be lower than rinseless. But I don't agree with a lot of people on where that point is.

Edited by quebert

Since the rinseless wash came out I've washed my car with the 2 bucket method like 3-4 times (And I try to get a wash in at least once a week). 

If the car's pretty clean and just needs a quick spray off of light dirt or what not, I just use rinseless without a problem. 

If its pretty mucked up, I'll run down the street power wash station, and just use the rinse cycle (no chemicals in rinse mode) and blast off what I can with their heated water, then just use the spot free rinse (which I've confirmed with the owner is just deionized water) and give it a quick spray. Most of the time if I drive around for 5 minutes or so at 50+ it'll be enough to completely dry the car, and if you keep up on sealants or h20gg it'll probably get most of the dirt off just spraying it off and you may not need to do any more. 

If I want a bit more I'll then take it home, do a quick rinseless wash, and then you can add sealant in one step with the h20gg right before you dry the car when your washing it and be done with a quick rinse/wash/seal/dry in like 40 minutes. 

Best part about rinseless though, which is what I love most about it (a close second to being able to do it in a closed garage with heated water in like 30-40 minutes start to finish), is having hard well water, I just about completely cut out water spots I was getting down to zero, with no effort

Edited by dyn0mitemat

^^Great post above Mat - and to Daniel above, you technically don't ever have to 2 bucket wash if you hone your technique properly - only time you would need anything else is if there is caked up grime and chunks on the paint, you may need to rinse with a pressure washer prior (this would probably apply before using a traditional soap and bucket wash as well)

Regarding the Sidekick Daniel, I have a first generation BMW X5 and I use the Sidekick prior to drying to knock the bulk of water off, and to blow out the seams, mirrors, etc, before drying.  When there is a ton of water on the surface it takes much longer to dry and sometimes 2 large waffle weaves to dry it.  I go around the car for about 3 minutes with the Sidekick, blowing the wheels/tires dry as well (one of my favorite uses), then spritz the panels with Detail Spray and its much quicker to dry the car with my waffle weave this way, gets about 75% of the water off the surface of the car before I start drying.  If i had enough time and it was cool enough, I could probably blow dry the whole thing with it, just would take a decent amount of time.  Easier the way I do it, but I haven't had a need for a bigger Blaster yet.

I am a fan of the rinseless, and it's a bonus that you can dilute it to get a solution that acts as waterless wash.

My 2 cents to anyone looking at it - definitely do not skimp on the towels. I should have gotten more towels with it, and until I stock up (seeing what Santa brings first) I'm in a position where if I have done a couple 2-bucket washes recently and not yet done a load of towel washing, I'm basically unable to properly do a complete rinseless wash.

Having enough of the right towels in your supply for a truly safe (see the "garry dean wash method") rinseless session is not enough... I'd say go for at least twice that amount if you don't already have them.

Edited by butters

Since the rinseless wash came out I've washed my car with the 2 bucket method like 3-4 times (And I try to get a wash in at least once a week). 

If the car's pretty clean and just needs a quick spray off of light dirt or what not, I just use rinseless without a problem. 

If its pretty mucked up, I'll run down the street power wash station, and just use the rinse cycle (no chemicals in rinse mode) and blast off what I can with their heated water, then just use the spot free rinse (which I've confirmed with the owner is just deionized water) and give it a quick spray. Most of the time if I drive around for 5 minutes or so at 50+ it'll be enough to completely dry the car, and if you keep up on sealants or h20gg it'll probably get most of the dirt off just spraying it off and you may not need to do any more. 

If I want a bit more I'll then take it home, do a quick rinseless wash, and then you can add sealant in one step with the h20gg right before you dry the car when your washing it and be done with a quick rinse/wash/seal/dry in like 40 minutes. 

Best part about rinseless though, which is what I love most about it (a close second to being able to do it in a closed garage with heated water in like 30-40 minutes start to finish), is having hard well water, I just about completely cut out water spots I was getting down to zero, with no effort

Mat, I live in gods country so I have the beautiful hard well myself. Thanks for your kind words and tips, once Santa hooks me up I will be placing a pretty substantial order it appears. Guess Rinsless will be added in the order now I have to try this.

Hi guys tried to find the dilution ratio for rinseless wash using a 32oz bottle but I cannot seem to find it. If somebody could enlighten me that would be awesome. In a diluted state is it the same as waterless.

Rinseless Wash has several effective dilution ratios for different desired results. Check out the thread linked below.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/27546-pro-tip-dilution-ratios/

Edited by James__

Hi guys tried to find the dilution ratio for rinseless wash using a 32oz bottle but I cannot seem to find it. If somebody could enlighten me that would be awesome. In a diluted state is it the same as waterless.

I use two oz rinseless in a 32 oz bottle of distilled water for a waterless wash spray.

Works great for me.

16:1 is the recommendation to use as WW.

It is not "the same" but at one point WW was going to go away and RW was to take its place so I think they are viewed as interchangeable and it is more personal preference on which you choose.

I've used waterless wash, and rinseless dilluted to waterless. 

The end result, it's splitting hairs on which one I preferred. Actually prefer the smell from the waterless over the rinseless. I find both to be about equally lubricant for the purpose of waterless washing. 

I bought a gallon of waterless in a kit. Figured if I didnt like it when I was over, I had a good gallon jug for my dilluted rinseless :)