Customer Service 866.965.0400

Ever wonder about other cars?

Audog

Question

While driving, I find myself thinking how many cars on the road are in need of shine, or even a good wash. And when I do see one that is detailed, I find myself wondering what product they use, and how much nicer they could get their ride if they used Adams product. Am I the only one who thinks along this line?

24 answers to this question

not at all, I often wish I could help them out but dont reallly want to start up the business to do it.

Agreed, this is my hobby/relaxation and don't want to start a business as that might take some of the fun out of detailing for me. It just amazes me how many people don't seem to care, and how many cars I see that have the start but look like someone quit just short of finishing their detailing. When I do see one on the road, that is nicely done, I almost want to stop them and talk "product" but then I think, they will probably think I'm nuts.

Agreed, this is my hobby/relaxation and don't want to start a business as that might take some of the fun out of detailing for me. It just amazes me how many people don't seem to care, and how many cars I see that have the start but look like someone quit just short of finishing their detailing. When I do see one on the road, that is nicely done, I almost want to stop them and talk "product" but then I think, they will probably think I'm nuts.

I agree, so many people have no idea how to properly maintain it, 

I wouldnt mind doing the detailing if it was on some nice cars just to say I was able to work on them lol 

In my area I look at all the cars with 'sun burned' paint and think how little effort it actually takes to keep that from happening.   Lots of folks consider their 2nd largest purchase along the sames lines of their toaster - just an appliance.  

I agree with Michael, that the majority of people do not appreciate or take care of their vehicles, most look at them a "disposable items" whether they may be leased, or purchased.

And Rich, hit it on the head, at shows, many others admire, or stand in awe of the very few vehicles which are properly and thoroughly cleaned and detailed, without ever considering the amount of effort or even the costs associated to making them and keeping them perfect. 

Some (majority) are too cheap to pay someone to do it, or too lazy to do it themselves. 

A lot of it may have to do with societies' priorities changing over time, or "the new world's perspective" where instant gratification, or disposable items seem to be all too common today.

My latest thing, since I have been playing with my new cyclo and minI the last few weeks detailing the vehicles, is noticing the horrible surface scratches vehicles have on the road, especially black. Noticed a new black suburban that had been freshly detailed the other weekend when the wife and I are out, told her to look at the horrible swirls in the paint, and how I would love to have that vehicle in my garage to correct it. Then she gave me "the look"

My latest thing, since I have been playing with my new cyclo and minI the last few weeks detailing the vehicles, is noticing the horrible surface scratches vehicles have on the road, especially black. Noticed a new black suburban that had been freshly detailed the other weekend when the wife and I are out, told her to look at the horrible swirls in the paint, and how I would love to have that vehicle in my garage to correct it. Then she gave me "the look"

I know that look.

I do find myself looking at other cars and thinking about how I'd clean or shine the different parts.  Some look fun and some look like a complete pain in the backside.  Car companies are really getting crazy with the weird trim and accessories.

lol. I totally do that.

The ones I see at car shows are the worst. The local Wally World parking lot is not the place to look for flawless paint, but as Rich mentioned above the stuff at car shows should be a bit better taken care of. Most of the time even my wife will point out the swirls if they are bad enough.

I do this all the time!!  Always walking by cars in parking lots and think to myself "WOW...this car needs to be washed so badly" or "OMG look at all those swirls...do they wash with sandpaper? or at all?"  Then I see my car and just think how badly it needs to be warm again so I can get back to washing it properly and get my Rupes on it to get the black paint looking amazing!!!

Yep, I to also do the same thing. I have always been a "clean freak" with my vehicles, even before I knew how to properly detail, but I would still constantly keep them clean and care for them the best I possibly could with what experience I had at the time.

When I worked at a dealership as a tech I would have to pull vehicles in and out of the shop and several times a day I would get into a customers vehicle and I would just be in disgust either at all the trash inside, or the fact there was probably a half an inch of dust on everything, except on the gauge cluster on the fuel gauge and odometer where they took their finger and cleaned it off just enough to see it.

I also catch myself checking out vehicles passing me while driving down the road and noticing all the swirls and scratches when the sun hits it. Cant believe people would spend the amount of money they do on these vehicles and allow them to look the way they do.

no! Im so addicted to this, i see cars all day and be like wow, look at those swirl marks lol they must not be using the two bucket method.. And when i pass by the local car washes..i just shake my head and say wow..they are scratching those peoples cars up with that towel lol.