Customer Service 866.965.0400

Tire Shine. Use on a white vehicle?

iono11200

Question

I'm about to take delivery of a 2016 White Tacoma. 4 years ago, I had an awful experience with an unknown brand of tire shine staining the paint on my then new 2012 White Tacoma. Can anyone tell me if they have had any experiences with this product and white vehicles, specifically in regard to overspray and staining of paint. I've read that this is a WATER based product with "SOME" silicone added. Can anyone be more specific as to what this really means?  Thank You.

17 answers to this question

I have 2 white cars,  a Vette and a Cadillac, and I use it on both vehicles.  Never had any problems with any sling or staining on either one.  Plus, on both vehicles I have the 3M tape protection behind both wheels (not the wheel wells) and it has never stained that either. 

As others have said, as long as you let the Tire Shine fully dry before driving, there should be no issue with it slinging onto the door panels. The key is that you do not want to let it pool up at the bottom of the rim edge of the wheel or in tread block grooves. Use a foam applicator block in these areas to remove excess Tire Shine, then let it dry and it will not even be greasy to the touch once dry!

I use it on my White Diamond Pearl Regal G.S. with no issues :)

I'd like to thank everyone for taking the time to reply. I'm feeling pretty confident now about giving this a try. Perhaps it's my OCD, but just one more question. When it rains, obviously this product "slings off" as one drives. Again, still easy to remove with a simple wash of the vehicle? Thank You Again.

I'd like to thank everyone for taking the time to reply. I'm feeling pretty confident now about giving this a try. Perhaps it's my OCD, but just one more question. When it rains, obviously this product "slings off" as one drives. Again, still easy to remove with a simple wash of the vehicle? Thank You Again.

It took a good 2-3 weeks with some rain and road puddles for Tire Shine to start breaking down. If you get your tires REALLY good and clean before you apply it, it'll last longer than what you'd expect from a tire dressing. 

In my experience it won't "sling off" after a rain, I haven't seen any signs after its dry. The only way it'll sling is user error, apply to much or leave standing pools of it on your tread

When I use the super glossy method hereknown as the slig method, I apply it, let it dry for 30min, use the tire block to remove excess and spread evenly and let it sit overnight.

It will be odd at first because it will be very oily to the touch even the next days but somehow it doesn't sling...

I'm about to take delivery of a 2016 White Tacoma. 4 years ago, I had an awful experience with an unknown brand of tire shine staining the paint on my then new 2012 White Tacoma. Can anyone tell me if they have had any experiences with this product and white vehicles, specifically in regard to overspray and staining of paint. I've read that this is a WATER based product with "SOME" silicone added. Can anyone be more specific as to what this really means?  Thank You.

Congrats on the New Tacoma.  Got my Black 2016 Off Road on Jan 1st and I love it. 

I applied yesterday to my white truck, didnt leave much dry time (maybe 10-15min at most) and no sling or anything, I didnt apply heavily but it still looks great. If you like the VRT you will love the TS

Edited by pirahnah3