Customer Service 866.965.0400

How many of you are using the Merino Wool wash mitt?

cweidert03

Question

I use the Merino Wool Wash Mitt from the roof down to the belt line of the vehicle. From the belt line and below I use the 10x10" synthetic wash pad.

Samesies as Dave for me - I've had it for a while, bout 3 years now - it always brushes out awesomely.

I spray mine out well in the bucket while it's sitting on the grit guard and wring it out to remove all soap. I then hang it on a clothes line in the garage to thoroughly dry, making sure the opening is in fact open for some air flow to the inside.

I have had poor luck with the Merino wash mitt. It would tangle easily and the inside began to fall apart, and holes developed. I have tried two, same problems both times. It also collects dirt and does not rinse cleanly. I've switched to synthetic wash pads completely now.

I have one as well and used to use it all the time but I have very hard water so for me it's better to get suds if I use the wedge and put some shampoo in there every couple of sections.

Thanks for the info. I have 2 black vehicles. I had some decent swirls on my black denali and have always used adams 2 bucket I think I will order one and see if that helps. 

The synthetic pads induced scratches on my freshly painted hood. I switched to wash wedge.

Would like to try the MM at some point.

I have had poor luck with the Merino wash mitt. It would tangle easily and the inside began to fall apart, and holes developed. I have tried two, same problems both times. It also collects dirt and does not rinse cleanly. I've switched to synthetic wash pads completely now.

Were you putting it away wet ? After the first day of hang drying I turn it inside out and hang for 2 more days

The synthetic pads induced scratches on my freshly painted hood. I switched to wash wedge.

Would like to try the MM at some point.

The pads scratched my paint too on my previous vehicle, it went to the garbage and been using the merino ever since for the top half and a caterpillar type mitt for the lower half. It is the only product from Adam's that I don't like. 1 out of 100 is a pretty good average though ????

I just surprised myself and found a MM in my garage cabinet still in the box..LOL! Found some other nice Adam accessories I forgot I had. 

I first purchased the MM years ago and loved it. Works very well. 

You just need to break it in by soaking it in some APS to get some of those oils off the hairs. Rinse and your all set to go! Never had an issue with the mitt ..need to make sure you dry it and dry it well ..outside and inside!