Customer Service 866.965.0400

Traditional Washing still has its place - Foam Gun Review

Ricky Bobby

Question

Just want to thank Adam's for sourcing this American made, heavy duty foam gun for your traditional washes (or can be incorporated into a rinseless routine as well in a pre-treat phase)

The 32oz canister is perfect, on my wifes Sportwagen yesterday I used the purple tip (heavier solution flow I believe) yesterday since we had 1/2" of snow on Monday and her car looked like it went through a blizzard.  I was able to foam it twice (once as a pre-foam, then rinse, then I foam up the car again before touching my wash pad to it) with some solution to spare and ended up wasting the rest on the roof - so definitely a good idea with the 2 sizes of tips included, if I had a big rig pick up I'd probably still use the same tip as I really was foaming it slowly, or you may want to use the yellow tip and more soap in the foam gun.

Coming from one of the plastic Chinese foam guns, I will admit that those did ok as I used one for almost 2 seasons, but the connector was flimsy (plastic quick connect), the hose nozzle leaked all the time, and the hose nozzle itself was junk, I used to release to trigger and it would still be foaming for 10 seconds later, probably because the vaccuum on the canister was too much for the thin plastic.  The nozzle finally broke the last time I used it back in a warm spell in February.

Since its post winter here, a lot of us will be washing traditionally to get our cracks and crevices cleaned up, the Adam's Foam Gun is a tool you would be 110% satisfied with incorporating into your wash routine and the amount of extra lubrication on the surface adds safety.  Sure there are some of us who do a lot of rinseless washes too (I'm one of them), but I'm usually always doing my wheels/tires traditionally and I'll most likely be pre-rinsing and foaming, even if I'm going to just pull it in the garage and complete a rinseless wash on the paint after, a great way to break up grime on the surface.

Don't tell anyone, but most of the time I'm just using the Foam Gun now with 1 bucket, as my processes allow for much less dirt on the paint before I start touching it with wash pads - and the new rubberized red nozzle is actually pretty darn powerful for a hose nozzle, and I don't have the best water pressure in the world.  And although I have a foam cannon and nice Ryobi electric PW, some days I just don't feel like dragging it out, nor do I have enough surface dirt to warrant it.

IMO, if you don't have one, pick it up on the next sale and throw it in your cart, it makes your traditional washes safer and quicker.  The upgrades alone are worth it (better nozzle and larger canister), and yes its worth the $100 when not bought during a sale, but if you do get a few bucks off with a current promotion, even better.  You definitely will not regret it.

Edited by Ricky Bobby

12 answers to this question

I have never had a foam gun before this one. Hell, I didn't even know such a thing existed. After I got mine (plus the two bucket starter kit), I couldn't wait to use it on my S3 even though I knew it was going to rain the next morning.  It was a revelation.  I was able to wash it much faster, even with using the two bucket method.  Even better, because the car shampoo is so good, my car wasn't that dirty after driving it in the rain.  My kids were so excited about the foam gun, they made me wash my Suburban this weekend just so they could use it.  By the way, the nozzle is the best one I have ever seen. 

I can't wait to try out more Adam's products just as soon as my wife gets over the initial sticker shock of the first order. :lol:

The yellow-green metering tip is what we recommend for most customers, but the purple metering tip will make more foam at the cost of going through the 32oz container more quickly. We now ship the foam guns with only these 2 metering tips (2 of each so that you have spares) since all of the other ones were a little redundant, and one of our goals for this year is to keep simplifying things when possible to make products and processes easier and more enjoyable :)

^for what it's worth - on my 1 bucket with foam gun wash, the 1 bucket does have soap in it as well with my 2 wash pads (I call it ultra lubrication)

I have ok water pressure and I like maximum suds so the purple tip was installed on mine. With the new 32 oz reservoir, I was able to foam up my X5 twice this weekend on the wash with some solution in the canister to spare!

So go with the big tip IMO unless you have super high water pressure which draws a ton of solution out of the canister. 2 complete foamings is plenty for a traditional wash, one as a pre-foam, and then you can either foam and wash panel by panel or just foam the whole car up again before starting your wash.

IMO, you probably only need the yellow tip on there if you are covering larger surface area than my medium SUV sized X5 - I.E. A big rig truck or suburban

Go big or go home!

Edited by Ricky Bobby