Customer Service 866.965.0400

Americana Paste Wax

Tkitch92

Question

Hello everyone! I just ordered some Americana Paste wax. I have never used the Americana before. I hear people saying to keep this wax in the refrigerator. Does this need to be done or can it be kept inside the house? Also how many cars should the 6 Ounces of wax do on average? Im giving my grandpa and mom the Americana so i just want to make sure they know how to properly store/use the wax. Thanks!

Edited by ChevyBoy92

9 answers to this question

I don't store mine in the fridge. I do however store it in a dark room where the temperature is relatively cool, yet constant as far as temperature.  Number of cars, I wouldn't know.  I do know to do a panel at a time.  As it becomes difficult to remove if you let it sit too long.  There was a thread about how many cars, but I couldn't find it.  Found this though.

http://www.adamsforums.com/topic/24190-americana/page-3

As Brian and Chris said, no need to keep it in the fridge, but don't leave it in the garage either.

...If you put too much on it will be a bear to get off, so the minimum amount to cover is all you need.

I believe this is no longer an issue with the new formula.  

I keep mine in the garage fridge (just because I have one and can)  but if you do that, you have to wait until it comes back to outside temps before you use it.  If your house doesn't get excessively hot or cold it will be fine in the house.  You just don't want it exposed to radical changes like 92 in the day, then freezing at night.  

It goes a long way and comes off easy no matter how long it's on.  Just do a section at a time, rather than the whole car first, then wipe. That's the way my dad taught me to do it. But that was in the 50's.  :lolsmack: