Customer Service 866.965.0400

H2O GUARD & GLOSS Question

Hamilton Detail

Question

So I've decided it's time to finally place my order for this after hearing so many great things about it.  My question is, should I order the 16 oz bottle or should I go ahead and get the gallon?  It would be used on my truck and wife's Acadia.  I'm guessing I would use it every other week or so?  So I'm unsure how long the 16 oz would last me.  

20 answers to this question

Yeah... I'm totally in love with this stuff. I would recommend starting with the 16 oz. and try it to make sure you like it first. I can't imagine why but some people don't care for H2O.

If you already have a good paint sealant (Liquid Paint Sealant?) as a base than you shouldn't need to apply it much more than once a month or every third or fourth wash or so. I personally used it for two washes in a row to establish a good layer and it worked really well. Now I use it once a month but it's hard to resist how easy it is to apply so sometimes more than that. I mean you have to dry the car anyway right? All it takes is a spritz or two per panel and dry it off... Done! Stuff is amazing.

Throw a coat of Brilliant Glaze on top of the H2O and I swear it looks like somebody poured liquid glass on my car!

Yeah, I'm guilty of using too much as well.  I think I usually end up using about 1/4 of the bottle per wash.  

That's ok though since I've recently gotten a gallon of G&G in 2 different mystery box orders.  No complaints about that!!

Love the stuff.  Any of your buddies have some you can try first?  My advice is to get a gallon, but it wouldn't hurt to take Flyboy's advice and get a smaller bottle first to try out.  

But I know  you're going to want a gallon......or ten.   ;)

Someone educate me on the H2O Guard and Gloss and what it's used for/what it does.  My car is a garage queen that only gets driven on nice days/weekends.  It has, in this order, Adams Quick Sealant, Adams Brilliant Glaze, and Adams Americana Wax.  Would H20 Guard and Gloss be beneficial for me?

I started with a 16oz bottle and I'm a little more than half way done with it and I've applied it to my truck twice so far. I gage I can get about 4 uses per bottle which SHOULD last all year. I can't imagine needing the gallon unless you plan on using it more often or if you have more than one vehicle.

Having said that I probably will get the gallon when I run out because I will have my wife's car dialed in by then (hopefully lol).

It takes a few tries to get the process down for your vehicle but you will get the knack of how much to use the more you use it. 

Someone educate me on the H2O Guard and Gloss and what it's used for/what it does.  My car is a garage queen that only gets driven on nice days/weekends.  It has, in this order, Adams Quick Sealant, Adams Brilliant Glaze, and Adams Americana Wax.  Would H20 Guard and Gloss be beneficial for me?

It is a "boost" so to speak for PS (but also for wax) and it beads water like crazy. I have the same order you have on my truck and I love it! Being a garage queen, your car probably doesn't NEED it, but it's also the process that we love so much!

Edited by chops1sc

Thank you all for the advise!  Another reason why I love this forum so much!   :)

I believe I'll do as some of you advised and start with the 16oz.  I'm sure I'll fall in love with it like I do everything else Adam's makes and end up with a gallon before long.  :D  I have a mystery box coming in on Saturday, so fingers  :xfingers: I get some in that, but if not, I'll be placing my order for the 16 oz.  

It is a "boost" so to speak for PS (but also for wax) and it beads water like crazy. I have the same order you have on my truck and I love it! Being a garage queen, your car probably doesn't NEED it, but it's also the process that we love so much!

Thank you.  In addition, I have the Adams detail spray and the Adams waterless wash.  I've always used and love the detail spray, but have yet to try the waterless wash.  I figured since I don't get my car out a whole lot, and never in inclement weather, the waterless wash will be a good thing to have to use after I've driven the care a few times to freshen it up.

I've done 4 applications with guard and gloss on 3 different cars! (The addiction is strong) that being said I way over applied it on each vehicle because I'm a newbie. I'd suggest a 32oz bottle for a single car and I'd think that should last about a whole year for one vehicle assuming it's a regular car and it gets washed regularly with Adams products and you apply smarter not harder. The stuff rocks though, just try it! One time and I was hooked, smells great, shines great, and you can visibly see the protection via water beading. No doubt a must have!

I'd suggest a 32oz bottle for a single car and I'd think that should last about a whole year for one vehicle assuming it's a regular car and it gets washed regularly with Adams products and you apply smarter not harder.

I totally forgot about the 32oz size and I even got one on my last order. I would agree that the 32oz is the way to go. It's a better value over the 16oz and plenty to last you for awhile, probably more than a year unless you use it all the time. A gallon is a little much to start with if you've never even tried it before.

As much as this stuff rocks I am going with trying it first before committing to a gallon. Hold off (I know it's difficult!) until you get your MB though. I have received several bottles in past MB's!

I personally would go for 16oz. If its going to last a while as mentioned above. If you decide its something that isn't going to work for you then you wont have excess product of something you dont need.

Everything I have bought was something I tried in 16oz and liked. I think I have eight different gallon products which I am now using a fair amount of. The only thing I have in gallons that I have not tapped yet is interior detailer as I dont use as much as I thought I would of it.  I ended up using the leather and interior cleaner and then the leather conditioner more.

Its a learning thing. Try the 16oz and once you see how much you use and what products you like then save money with gallons.

Do the 16oz to see if you like it and then pick up the gallon later.  You would need a bottle for it anyway.

Edit: just remembered they have it in 32oz bottles too but I prefer the 16oz in the situation.

Edited by red94chev

I've done a 2013 Explorer, a 2012 Veloster, 2006 Crown Vic and the hood of my 2002 Dakota and still have more than half of a 16oz bottle left, like they've said above once the towel loads you use less.

Get the 16oz and make sure you like it, you can always get a gallon later. They are not going to get rid of it anytime soon, it's darn near magic in a bottle.