Customer Service 866.965.0400

Leather Conditioner Question

JDrach

Question

With the use of Leather Conditioner, will it restore the more plush, supple feel to leather? I ask this because I have leather seats from an 05-08 Grand Prix with suede in the middle that are fairly old. While the leather is not hard, it's not soft and supple. I was wondering if I can give a softer touch to the seats, I've heard products such as Zymol can restore such feeling to leather.

16 answers to this question

Adams LC will certainly help bring that back. however if the leather is dried out it may take a little bit of work to bring it back to its original supple feel. You should also ensure to pick up the leather and interior cleaner to use with it as it does a fantastic job at removing dirt and oils from the leather and gives the LC a clean surface to absorb into. 

As Jim said, get it good and clean before conditioning. Then just go lightly with the conditioner and let it absorb, then another pass of the conditioner if needed. That leather was coated when new but it has probably been worn down so it should absorb well. After applying the conditioner you can let the vehicle sit outside in the sun to get the interior nice and warm to help the conditioner absorb.

Be careful using the cleaner. It can dry your leather out more.  Dilute it a bit before use.  The Leather Conditioner has cleaning properties in it that will help clean as well.  The LC is one of my favorite products.  I used it for nearly 12 years on my last Corvette and the seats still were like new when I traded it in.  I apply it heavy by hand at the end of the year before I store my car, and apply it a couple of times a year to keep it soft.  

When you do apply it, if it streaks, don't worry. That's normal. It just means that some parts of the fabric are dryer and absorbing the LC more than other parts.  Just keep reapplying until you get a uniform appearance.  

Michael, that's one cool car!  

Michael, that's one cool car!  

Sorry to thread jack, but thanks Rich!  I have lots of pictures I need to upload and do a write up - we believe it is the most complete original version of that model in the world.

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but does the Leather conditioner ever go old over time? I have a 16oz bottle I got back in 2014 and it's about half full and seems very thick. It doesn't flow out like a liquid (ie: SVRT), but more of a pasty liquid. Does this means its getting old and needs to be replaced?

I don't mean to hijack the thread, but does the Leather conditioner ever go old over time? I have a 16oz bottle I got back in 2014 and it's about half full and seems very thick. It doesn't flow out like a liquid (ie: SVRT), but more of a pasty liquid. Does this means its getting old and needs to be replaced?

Nope normal...I usually get carpal tunnel trying to squeeze it out :)

I had some that was quite a bit older than that.  And I just threw it out this year.  I kept it in the dark in a room that stays a constant temperature of around 65 degrees year round.  It will become obvious when it goes bad.  I have noticed that when the products go bad, they separate and thin out.