Customer Service 866.965.0400

Picked up a new ATS-V

CadillaChick

Just turned in my ATS 2.OT Performance Sedan for a 2016 ATS-V Sedan

2016 ATS-V Sedan

8-speed Auto

Crystal White Tricoat on Jet black with Carbon fiber interior.

Luxury package

Carbon fiber package

Recaro seats

Suede steering wheel and Shifter.

Safety package with HUD.

And all of the other bells and whistles

I am going to need a lot of pointers with the Carbon fiber, Suede and Alcantara

I will post up better pictures once the rain over the next few days ends and I can finally get my Adams products on it.. :)

2iu975j.jpg

5547qr.jpg

1zbrqmq.jpg

zk3fog.jpg

1zns7c0.jpg

2meuady.jpg

Edited by CadillaChick

Thanks guys I am loving this car
Already watched and read the video on cleaning/maintaining Suede/Alcantara a bunch of times

I'm green with envy,  :wub:  :drool:

but I'm not so sure about that color... :jester:

Which Adams products are you using on yours? Anything that makes the Crystal White pop??

Congrats!  Love the new Caddy's!!!  Looks great!  Can't wait for a mini road review!

If there is any details that you want to know just let me know..

It is a beast with great feedback and handles like it is on rails in dry or wet weather so far..

The MRC is a night and day difference between the suspension setup in my ATS Performance trim even though I loved the ride in that.

With the MRC and non run flat Pilot Super Sports the ride is a lot less harsher and smoother cruising on the highway but when I hammer the pedal and go into a turn it stiffens right up and handles like it is on rails like it should.

Love the Recaro's.

Performance Mode is my favorite right now because it permanently opens the active exhaust for an aggressive sound.. VRROOOMMM....

The acceleration in this car gives  me the shakes in a good way :)

6 gallons and a 105 miles in with 10 gallons left,

I am still getting to know the car and get confident with its abilities.

Right now I just want to get a chance to wash it and get the tire shine off because it is slinging down the sides of the car and I want the VRT on it with some wheel protection for the brake dust..

FYI the Yellow blocks in the 2nd to last picture are Spring spacers used for lifting the front springs so that the V can clear a ramp or flat bed for towing

Other than that Kudos to Adams Polishes because the dealer was impressed with the condition of my 3 yr old ATS that has only had Adams products touch the paint.. :2thumbs::rockon:

Sorry for the randomness of the postings I kept coming back and adding comments.. :)

Edited by CadillaChick

The first real wash on my Cadillac involved using Wheel Cleaner on the paint to remove almost two years of junk from the paint. My car is a 2014 that was purchased new in December 2015.  After that it was clayed then sealed for winter. Windshield only has Adam's Glass Sealant on it. The other windows get whatever spray wax, Detail Spray or H2O G&G I'm using as a drying aid on the paint. In the spring I fixed a few blemishes in the paint from bird dookie and etc.  I then coated it with a non Adams coating. (BTW Adams folks when you need a midwest test bed for coating let me know.)  My white diamond tricoat paint corrects quite easily. I frequently use Adam's Rinseless Wash, older pink Car Shampoo and H2O G & G on it as well. Interior gets the Leather and Interior Cleaner followed by a treatment of Leather Conditioner on all leather and plastic surfaces, love that smell...

Once my new order arrives I'll wash it with the new Wash & Wax then admire my work while having a cup of coffee in my new Adam's coffee cup underneath my new Adam's banners while wearing my Adam's apron. ;)

Edited by Captain Slow

DANG!  My poor little CTS won't even want to be on the same block as that thing.  Very nice!!   Carbon fiber........treat the same as the rest of your car.  The leather conditioner will work great on your alcantra.  I have a suede steering wheel in the Vette and a couple of other places.  Can't figure who ever thought a suede steering wheel was a smart idea.  I still haven't tried cleaning that yet.  

But you sure picked up a nice, nice ride.  :2thumbs:  :2thumbs:

Thanks guys :D

My Fiance ordered me a  Resupply of 32oz Detail spray, window cleaner and going to try H2O, Wheel cleaner and the Wheel brush .

The Tropical storm is supposedly canceled for the Holiday weekend so I might actually be able to get the detailing done.. :rockon:

Edited by CadillaChick

The leather conditioner will work great on your alcantra. I have a suede steering wheel in the Vette and a couple of other places. Can't figure who ever thought a suede steering wheel was a smart idea. I still haven't tried cleaning that yet.

You sure about that? You said you haven't cleaned your suede, but do you use LC on it? Because Alcantara has a similar look and feel as suede and I wouldn't think LC would be good for it.

Edited by marquez93

You sure about that? You said you haven't cleaned your suede, but do you use LC on it? Because Alcantara has a similar look and feel as suede and I wouldn't think LC would be good for it.

You're correct and my mistake.  I was thinking Alcantra was more like an ostrich or aerated leather.  I was mistaken.  When I looked it up I see it's more like a suede. So no, I wouldn't use it on the Alcantra.  But feel free to use it on any vinyl or non suede type leathers you have in your car.  Glad you caught that.   :2thumbs:

Suede steering wheel more grip less slip is why I thought it was there but I doubt they even used it at the Nurburgring.

Shame you lose the heated wheel function though.

I would have preferred it to have a flat bottom wheel like the Chevy SS.

Only nitpick with the V so far.

Edited by CadillaChick

Today I ended my detailing session after finding scratches in a circle motion all the way around my front drivers side tire .

Looks like the side of a buffer wheel hit it or something..

It wasn't noticeable until I got all the tire shine slop off of it and I don't know if they hid it with wax or something and a good washing exposed the flaw..

One thing for sure the sidewall of the tires stick out a 1/4 past the lip of the wheel and there is no sidewall damage..

Finding that kind of took the steam out of my motivation today :(

Bad enough they did the same thing on the carbon fiber hood insert and have to replace it at a cost of $1500

Edited by CadillaChick

They damaged your hood and you're on the hook to get it fixed? At that price I would certainly be fighting to have them make it right

The dealership is paying for it, I caught that before I left with the car.

It is the front driver side wheel damage I did not notice until up close with a spot light while cleaning up the car..

You can't really see it in sunlight or barely visible at certain angles in daylight.

I  am meeting with them next Wednesday to give them an opportunity to correct it.

What do you guys think caused it?

My fiance said it looks like a buffer wheel or some other type of detail item did it or possibly done while mounting the tire to the wheel.

You can definitely tell by there being no sidewall marks that this was not done while driving it..

The sidewalls protrude out from the wheels a good 1/4- 3/8 of an inch..

Pictures of it below

154vbr4.jpg

309tw7a.jpg

2a4zvh0.jpg

10eph5f.jpg

Edited by CadillaChick